Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most efficient way to "unify" all the oregen? Is there any software that can do it for me?

Since I have Metallurgy in my modpack, I'd like every other mod to generate Metallurgy's version of the ore (if there is one). What's the easiest way to make that happen?

I think I'm beginning to realize it's the oregen which is the biggest headache when making your own modpack... is that correct? I could just leave it the way it is now, and the game would run just fine of course... except I will have different Copper Ore blocks from like 8 different mods. While that's an aesthetic thing, and while it wouldn't bother some players, it definitely bothers me a bit. If there's an ore in the ground, they should all say the same thing, and look the same way. But that's a lot easier said than done.

Yes, oregen can cause a lot of hadeace, I always have problems with oregen too, that seems to be impossible to solve...XD
I already put together a few personal modpacks, and always the oregen takes the most time to make it work like I want it. Sometimes I even give up.
About after a week of messing with it. Nonstop from 8AM to 10PM per day... :D

Anyway, I personally don't know easy way to unify oregen, I know only just the hard way; disable in all the configs, all the ores of the mod that you don't want to be created and enable in just one mod's config file (the one you want to create the ores) the ore generation.
I always use cofh custom ore generation.
Here is a tutorial how to use it: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/cofh-world-generation-users-manual.48678/
Once you familiar with it later it will be easy to make new ones.

Well, making a modpack and fine tuning it; you have to learn all those things first, and that takes lot of time and effort.

P.S. My personal tip; first don't make you own pack, just MODIFY an existing one. Add some mods, remove others, and mess with config files until you familiar with everything. Leran to deal with ID conflicts, learn how to configure the mods, etc. This is how I learnd to put modpacks together.
I don't know how long you play modded Minecraft, I was modding minecraft since version 1.2.5, and still always have something new to learn about modding. Like someone said; modding minecraft is a lifestyle, a hobby; you spend LOT of time with it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Everlasting2

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most efficient way to "unify" all the oregen? Is there any software that can do it for me?

I found something that maybe can help you unifying the ores. A mod that, quess what doing? Unifying ores! :)
It is called UniDict, you can find it here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/unidict

"It standardizes the output of all recipes, not just for crafting table recipes, but for all machines throughout several mods."

If I undertand it well, it's not unify the oregen itself, just recipes, so at the end you have one type of ingot, dust, or whatever. But maybe it can be useful to you. It has got a long list of mods that is already compatible with.

I not tested it yet, so not sure how well it is working. But sounds very promising.
Definitly I will try it out someday...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I found something that maybe can help you unifying the ores. A mod that, quess what doing? Unifying ores! :)
It is called UniDict, you can find it here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/unidict

"It standardizes the output of all recipes, not just for crafting table recipes, but for all machines throughout several mods."

If I undertand it well, it's not unify the oregen itself, just recipes, so at the end you have one type of ingot, dust, or whatever. But maybe it can be useful to you. It has got a long list of mods that is already compatible with.

I not tested it yet, so not sure how well it is working. But sounds very promising.
Definitly I will try it out someday...
so...it does what the ore dictionary does? or does it unify output?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Some of the storage mods do this... I think JABBA does. You put the item you want into the barrel, say Copper ingot type X, and all the other Copper is converted to that type automatically when put into the barrel.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Some of the storage mods do this... I think JABBA does. You put the item you want into the barrel, say Copper ingot type X, and all the other Copper is converted to that type automatically when put into the barrel.
Storage drawers does as well
Ok, maybe I should have clarified. I wasn't looking for a mod that does that. The way the post I quoted was written made me more think about how the forge ore dictonary works rather then changing the output and thus I was just curious if I miss understood it or if it really does the same thing.

U

Uraneum

Once I saw a video on youtube and the person was using something and he could see all his stuff and choose what he needed. Could someone tell me what block this could be and how to use it ? thx
Sounds like it might be applied energistics? It's basically computer stuff that allows you to store/view/autocraft/transfer mass amounts of items. Every item in the system can be searched, viewed, and withdrawn from a terminal.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Sounds like it might be applied energistics? It's basically computer stuff that allows you to store/view/autocraft/transfer mass amounts of items. Every item in the system can be searched, viewed, and withdrawn from a terminal.
Helping is good. But do note the date on things. I don't think he is still waiting for the answer ;)

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019

Like I said, I never used that mod, but it said:
(I copied this from that page I linked, you can read more there...)
"This is what UniDict does, it standardizes the output of all recipes, not just for crafting table recipes, but for all machines throughout several mods."
So yeah, if I understand it correctly, its just unify the recipes and machines output.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
Storage drawers does as well
Correct. And JABBA too.
I used it when I needed a specific type of, let me say an ingot. It magically converts every other thingy to that type what you put in it at first.
An example; if you have copper from TE and copper from Forestry, and you need especially Forestry copper, than you put Forestry copper FIRST, and then all other copper you put in turn into Forestry copper.

But asb3pe originally asked for a way to unify oregen. I just mentioned that mod, maybe he interested in it, cause I don' know other way of oregen unifying, just what I posted already, with cofh worgen through config files.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
That Machinemouse.net site is almost totally dead! Link to older versions are broken, the website what is hosted those files, does not exist anymore.
Only the link to that cursed Curse site working. And OF COURSE, like most of the mods on that site, doesn't provide downloads to older versions...

You mean like this one? https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/modular-powersuits/files/2302332

CJP was looking for a version of Modular Powersuits that would work with a 1.7 pack - which is what I located.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I know the best/easiest way to get shiny metal is to use cinnabar and ferrous ore. What can I use to get ferrous?

Botania's orechid would make some, but on such a rare occasions it may as well not.

Suggestions?

Sent from a mystical device from North of the 49th

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
So I know the best/easiest way to get shiny metal is to use cinnabar and ferrous ore. What can I use to get ferrous?

Botania's orechid would make some, but on such a rare occasions it may as well not.

Suggestions?

Simple...
Quarry.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Low return rates with that. I'm looking for something more substantial.

Digital miner from mekanism that will het you ferrus if you know how to ordict it.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Digital miner from mekanism that will het you ferrus if you know how to ordict it.

There is that.... I should have stated I'm playing Infinity 2.5.0 on normal mode

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015

Suggestions?

Are you using a particular pack? 'Easy' might depend on what mods you have available.