Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
If I understand you correctly, are items being clicked out of the output and into the inventory while there are items in the cursor, is that correct? If so I believe shift-clicking on the output will do that? I may have misunderstood.
I'll test when I get home but, if I understood you correctly, yes, that is what I asked. Will edit the post later.

Thanks

Edit: confirmed. It is the shift+click that does it.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
There is a block in modded minecraft that you place a lapis block on and can right click on to change from day to night. Can somebody tell me the block name or at least the mod please.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I remember a long time ago on one of Etho's videos he had a system to swap out Reusable Safari Nets in/out of an Autospawner.

Anyone know what video that was? Or have a link to a tutorial, or can explain how to do this on Infinity?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I remember a long time ago on one of Etho's videos he had a system to swap out Reusable Safari Nets in/out of an Autospawner.

Anyone know what video that was? Or have a link to a tutorial, or can explain how to do this on Infinity?
I dunno about Etho, but Direwolf did a similar thing in some SSP series at some point quite a while ago (he was setting this up in a void age, I remember that much). He had a Transvector Interface linked to the Autospawner with a ComputerCraft turtle next to it, which he used to swap the safari net in the autospawner with one in a chest next to the turtle.

CC is probably the easiest way to do it and certainly the most compact, but if you're allergic to LUA, then you could do something similar to his most recent Blood Magic auto-alchemy setups (in Dire's most recent SSP series and Infinity Evolved), with a bunch of single-slot inventories (Bibliocraft has some that work well) and redstone-controlled itemducts or EnderIO item conduits.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

It is pretty simple to set up a system that swaps in the Safarinets based on redstone signals using AE. I have done that several times in the past:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-10#post-658213
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-25#post-842776
It is then a simple matter of setting something up to supply the redstone signals. Buttons on a wall will do. I used a CC touch screen monitor.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Got anything not AE related?

I remember TE pipes

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Got anything not AE related?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
You could set up the same thing with EIO Item and Insulated Redstone Conduits I suppose. Set up and filter the Item conduits so each connection on a storage pulls a different safari net, and the one on the spawner removes any nets.
Then control them with different colour channels of the Insulated Redstone conduits(you can choose which redstone channel the Item Conduits react to in their UI).
Finally hook the Redstone conduits up to a wall of buttons or something, so you can input signals to each respective colour channel(one for each net and one for removing net).

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I did something similar for the TT necromancy tablet. While not the same I used a method that could be applied to the situation. I used a small Logistics Pipe system to supply a set of aspects to a chest (activated by redstone signal), which were then Ducted to the three pedestals (for example ghast needs two ignis and a spiritus). They were removed by a retriever pulling into another chest. This chest had a Provider Pipe against it.I don't have pictures of my setup unfortunatly, so hopefully my description is adequate.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
For IanAnderson
upload_2016-8-1_17-5-10.png
The black areas including the one just above the toolbar and the one at left are where drawers or compacting chests were. The spaces around the remaining compacting draw had compacting drawers.
upload_2016-8-1_17-3-55.png
The missing blocks from this view are single, double and quad draws

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple question; I've not had any luck with it so far:

I'm trying to supply a Progressive Automation machine - a Planter - with stone hoes, using Project:Red. I'm using a Stock Keeper chip and an interface pipe at the bottom; that pipe also has an extractor chip whitelisted to the products of the Agricraft plants that the planter is working on. The products are extracting just fine to a chest with a Dynamic Item Responder chip in; this chest also has a broadcaster chip as well.

The issue I'm having is that the hoes don't seem to want to go into the machine; I can add them by hand, but I've not had any luck with the pipe. Do they need to be placed in from a different side at all? Is a stock-keeper appropriate for this function? Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

- GwnG

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Hopefully this is a simple question; I've not had any luck with it so far:

I'm trying to supply a Progressive Automation machine - a Planter - with stone hoes, using Project:Red. I'm using a Stock Keeper chip and an interface pipe at the bottom; that pipe also has an extractor chip whitelisted to the products of the Agricraft plants that the planter is working on. The products are extracting just fine to a chest with a Dynamic Item Responder chip in; this chest also has a broadcaster chip as well.

The issue I'm having is that the hoes don't seem to want to go into the machine; I can add them by hand, but I've not had any luck with the pipe. Do they need to be placed in from a different side at all? Is a stock-keeper appropriate for this function? Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

- GwnG
I believe that the machines from progressive automation don't allow to have their tools inserted automatically.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I believe that the machines from progressive automation don't allow to have their tools inserted automatically.
Ah, bother. Ah well, thanks very much, that was a simple answer - and it will save me a lot of time trying and failing to do it! :)

EDIT: I just remembered one thing I might try before I give up completely: the PA Wrench. Might be worth trying to change the sidedness a little...

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Ah, bother. Ah well, thanks very much, that was a simple answer - and it will save me a lot of time trying and failing to do it! :)

EDIT: I just remembered one thing I might try before I give up completely: the PA Wrench. Might be worth trying to change the sidedness a little...
theres definitely some way to automate it direwolf did it in his agarian skys 2 lets play it probably is sideness thats tripping u up

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I recall reading documentation on the machines that suggested that they were supposed to be automate-able in this regard.

@GamerwithnoGame, as a test, I'd use a simple hopper and try attaching it to all 5 hopperable sides of the machine. See if any side will feed a tool in.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I recall reading documentation on the machines that suggested that they were supposed to be automate-able in this regard.

@GamerwithnoGame, as a test, I'd use a simple hopper and try attaching it to all 5 hopperable sides of the machine. See if any side will feed a tool in.
You sure? I know it adds unbreakable tools which are pretty darn expensive. And I believe I tried to add tools using CC and open periherals before which failed. Considering you can do some pretty awesome stuff with that I thus assumed it couldn't be done.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I know nothing of this issue so take this with a 50lb. bag of salt, but I've seen in the past mods that won't take specific tools, like a harvester not accepting Tinkers Construct tools, for a made-up example.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
You sure? I know it adds unbreakable tools which are pretty darn expensive. And I believe I tried to add tools using CC and open periherals before which failed. Considering you can do some pretty awesome stuff with that I thus assumed it couldn't be done.
so that is what those tools/swords with unbreaking 10 were for, i always thought they were just bling-ed up items

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
so that is what those tools/swords with unbreaking 10 were for, i always thought they were just bling-ed up items

Unbreaking X Lumber Axe is a common goal for me when TiCo is in the pack. Mostly because I hate chopping each log in a tree, and by the time I have one, tree farming is almost always automated, so speed cutting isn't an issue.

I have grown fond of Treecapitator in my recent worlds for just this reason.