Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've not delved beyond 1.7, but I'm curious if they fixed the Vanilla bug with leads breaking when chunks get reloaded in newer updates. Anyone have any experience in this regard?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Unbreaking X Lumber Axe is a common goal for me when TiCo is in the pack. Mostly because I hate chopping each log in a tree, and by the time I have one, tree farming is almost always automated, so speed cutting isn't an issue.

I have grown fond of Treecapitator in my recent worlds for just this reason.
oh i ment the progressive automation ones , tico re-enforced x is much more then a blinged up tools its a tool with infinite durability

speed with those tools was less of an issue becuase u could fashion a travelers glove and buff it with redstone to speed up all harvesting speeds to the point even weak shovels and axes could be fast enough for ur taste , it even speed up the harvesting speed of ur hand

T

TarTarTarts

Hey do you know if any modpacks have the clay soldiers mod and if so which ones
and what are the codes for the pack

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
theres definitely some way to automate it direwolf did it in his agarian skys 2 lets play it probably is sideness thats tripping u up
Confirmed! :) I used a PA wrench and was able to change the mode of the bottom face from "Output" (output only) to "Normal" (input and output), meaning I could extract the harvested products and input new hoes using the same pipe!

Thanks for your help @Everlasting2, @lenscas, @Pyure and all! Now to find a good alternative to vanilla hoes... :D although to be honest, I could just use a simple PA wooden crafter and keep a chest topped up with cobble and wood, that wouldn't too much of a problem.

Reactions: Everlasting2
P

Pc_Pyro

Good night, my friend has a problem, where he installed infinity evolved, but after he download it it won't open, or open and crash, we already tried re-installing it but it won't work, is there a way to solve it? thanks

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Sky Factory 2.5, what are all the automated ways to speed magical crop growth?
Hmm this is an interesting question. I believe the MFR fertilizer machine would do the job; likewise the Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth if you have automated Herba essentia being piped in. Reliquary has the Lilypad of Fertility (you might have to check if it's enabled in this pack, I don't know) which has worked well in 1.6 versions on Magical Crops. That's just a few off the top of my head.

P

pinomin

I have a problem with my laser drill in FTB infinity, I'm feeding it power but it seems to be really slow and the energy bar is filling up, from what I've seen the energy bar is supposed to be empty and the work bar goes up much faster, how would I accomplish this? I've tried limiting the power output from my capacitor banks but I just can't get it to work.

P

pinomin

can you post a picture of your setup and how much power do you give it?
Zm8KM4e.jpg
5sZDgLN.jpg
VVMnOS5.png
AyIuQbA.png
BJuqKFm.png

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It is capped out. Default configs it maxes out at 20k RF/t(each precharger capped at 5k RF/t)

The fastest it will produce ores are then dependant on the Y-level: one every 12-18 seconds.
OOh I'd forgotten about the y-level thing! Yes, isn't it that the higher it is, the faster it is?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
OOh I'd forgotten about the y-level thing! Yes, isn't it that the higher it is, the faster it is?
Yes, the higher it is, the less power is required per "work unit".

I have always found this to be rather dumb tbh... Should be the other way around. The less distance the laser has to travel before it hits it target, the less it looses focus and the less diffraction occurs... :p

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Good night, my friend has a problem, where he installed infinity evolved, but after he download it it won't open, or open and crash, we already tried re-installing it but it won't work, is there a way to solve it? thanks

More info would be a big help:

Has he successfully run modded MC before?
What size CPU (32 or 64 bit)?:
If 64 bit, what size OS (32 or 64 bit)?:

If the answer to either above question is 32 bit then he probably doesn't have access to enough ram to run IE since those systems can only access 4GB total, 3GB with older Windows. A 64 bit OS running a 32 bit OS has the same restriction because it's based on a 32 bit memory Address range.

To continue:

Is the Java version 32 bit or 64 bit?:

32 bit Java has the same programming restrictions based on Address range, even if running on a 64 bit CPU and OS. Get the 64 bit version if the CPU and OS are 64 bit.

What version of Java? Recommended version is 1.8_25, by Mojang:

How much RAM in the system?:

Depending on Windows version you need up to 2GB ram just to run Windows (other OS's may vary). Beyond that, the current default dedicated ram in 1.8_x Java is 4GB, so that makes a minimum of 6GB to run bigger packs. Several people have dropped the quality settings in MC to use less to allow reducing the dedicated ram required.

If you do not have a separate GPU card with it's own dedicated ram, the video built into the mainboard is "sharing" (actually stealing :) ) up to 512MB system ram. With newer versions of Windows at least, that may be included in the 2GB memory for windows.

P

pinomin

It is capped out. Default configs it maxes out at 20k RF/t(each precharger capped at 5k RF/t)

The fastest it will produce ores are then dependant on the Y-level: one every 12-18 seconds.

So it's supposed to be really slow? because it literally takes like a minute to get just 1 ore at which point I've used up so much power that it's not worth it at all.
Also at a certain point it starts to just lose energy and speeds up which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be happening. I could make a video to show what i mean.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So it's supposed to be really slow? because it literally takes like a minute to get just 1 ore at which point I've used up so much power that it's not worth it at all.
Also at a certain point it starts to just lose energy and speeds up which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be happening. I could make a video to show what i mean.
Ehm... You just quoted me saying how long it is supposed to take with the power maxed out(with default configs)...

It is supposed to cost a lot of power. It produces ores out of nothing! Completely renewable, place and forget. And it even produce rare and special ores that you cannot get, or are are hard/difficult to get otherwise.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame