Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently RP2 microblocks are horribly laggy, and everyone uses them...

Aerial Faith Plates?

Hmm... That would make sense then considering that I have two MASSIVE marble columns flanking the entrance to my base. I'll rip em down and see if it helps, thanks!

And also aerial faith plates are the answer to all of life's questions.

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
We use mystcraft linking books for that. If you craft a linking book at a certain location that book is tied to that target. You can then use it to jump to that target whenever you want. Keep in mind though that if the target is in the same 'world' (overworld for example) you need to use a link modifier to allow intra-age jumping (jumping within the same age). Also turning on "following" is nice since then you won't drop the book when you jump.

In my base I have a hub that leads to different destinations (different books on pedestals). I have one book in my inventory that links me there.
Can't do that in the new mystcraft though, no link modifier.

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
I see in some videos from the forgecraft server that they have this feature to display chunk lines with this transparent green wall. is this feature in the ultimate pack?

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
The link modifyer was an admin/debug block (and siad as much in the thread) As an access method to things that wern't really fleshed out yet. I'm surprised it had a recipie to begin with.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The link modifyer was an admin/debug block (and siad as much in the thread) As an access method to things that wern't really fleshed out yet. I'm surprised it had a recipie to begin with.

To follow up with this, they are going to be adding the functionality that the link modifier added (intralinking, trapped books, velocity, following, and likely generate platform) to the mod as they figure out ways to allow it. Especially intralinking, as the main reason to have that is because the massive savings in server and client load.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Fine, but then don't change anything untill you DO have a fleshed out means of getting that functionality. Mystcraft only has two real uses for us: making sure our landscape isn't turned into a mess of holes by quarries and allowing people to easily hop over to someone elses base. The latest update made the mod actually worse. Or does the author really think that the mod is used to "explore new worlds"?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Or does the author really think that the mod is used to "explore new worlds"?

Exploring MystCraft ages is likely one of the more enjoyable aspects of MystCraft, as you can directly control all aspects of what you want to explore, but there will still be things added that you would not expect.

That aside, MystCraft ages are also there to be pillages for lava per the last update, and used to try and get MystCraft libraries for more pages.

And the mod author is fully within their right to do whatever the hell they want to their mod. If you don't like it, complain to them directly (http://binarymage.com/forum/), or stop using the mod. Anything else is not a productive use of your energy.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
This whole forum is not a productive use of my energy but it's still very enjoyable. And you seem to be here a lot too :)

Whenever I have a complaint/suggestion/request for a mod, I track down the mod author, and reply to their suggestion/complaint thread/system. And to take your argument to the logical conclusion, all of life is not a productive use of your energy because you are going to die someday/humanity is going to die someday/the universe is going to [likely] end someday.

That is, of course, silliness. We are doing things to resolve the death issue, as well as safeguarding the future of humanity. And we can only wait and see what tricks we can work out regarding the [possible] death of the universe. That's because, instead of just replying to the post of someone saying that the universe is going to die, we put energy towards resolving that situation.

Have you told the author of MystCraft about your feelings in regards to him removing the link modifier? If not, you should. I'd really enjoy seeing that conversation.

Question

Jul 29, 2019
I have this geothermal generator setup but pipe won't pump lava... I have 2 redstone engines on the pump... Is that enough?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
If not, you should. I'd really enjoy seeing that conversation.

I just visited their forums and that completely cured my of any illusions that I could make a suggestion there that would be considered. So sorry, not gonna happen.[DOUBLEPOST=1363271964][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have this geothermal generator setup but pipe won't pump lava... I have 2 redstone engines on the pump... Is that enough?

Should give output. So like I said in that other topic: please show a screenshot of your setup.

Spachi1281

Jul 29, 2019
We use mystcraft linking books for that. If you craft a linking book at a certain location that book is tied to that target. You can then use it to jump to that target whenever you want. Keep in mind though that if the target is in the same 'world' (overworld for example) you need to use a link modifier to allow intra-age jumping (jumping within the same age). Also turning on "following" is nice since then you won't drop the book when you jump.

In my base I have a hub that leads to different destinations (different books on pedestals). I have one book in my inventory that links me there.

With the removal of the link modifier in the latest version of Mystcraft, the best way now to do this is to make a "Nexus" room in a different dimension which has books on pedestals to places in the overworld.

Then you can make a book linking this nexus room so that you can use it from your own base.

Now it just means that you'll always want to make a linking book when you visit the nexus room in addition to making an overworld linking book where ever you end up traveling to.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
As Hydra mentions, screenshot time, mate.

I just visited their forums and that completely cured my of any illusions that I could make a suggestion there that would be considered. So sorry, not gonna happen.

Mm, I've found their forum to be one of the nicer places (compared to the IC2 forum, for example). Ah well, so it goes, heheh.

With the removal of the link modifier in the latest version of Mystcraft, the best way now to do this is to make a "Nexus" room in a different dimension which has books on pedestals to places in the overworld.

Then you can make a book linking this nexus room so that you can use it from your own base.

Now it just means that you'll always want to make a linking book when you visit the nexus room in addition to making an overworld linking book where ever you end up traveling to.

And while this is acceptable for the short run of things, it's not a logical thing to have for the long run as the extra load on the server of moving player A from dimension 1 to dimension 6, and then moving them back from dimension 6 to dimension 1 after the two seconds it takes for them to use that nexus dimension, is a great deal more load than merely moving them inside the same dimension.

I'm sure it'll be added shortly.

Question

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup for powersince I'm really new to FTB. I really need help QQ

Attachments

• 2013-03-12_21.47.52.png
    2013-03-12_21.47.52.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 2013-03-12_21.48.15.png
    2013-03-12_21.48.15.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 98

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup for powersince I'm really new to FTB. I really need help QQ

Mm, I cannot remember, but I am not sure if pumps can output into stone/cobblestone waterproof piping. I'll be back shortly after running some tests on that design.

Mm, nope, all three pipes worked perfectly fine to suck up with the pump, so that isn't the issue (although golden waterproof pipes will be able to hold more fluid, etc). Can you get a screenshot of what you're trying to suck up?