Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying that 6 MJ/t from the REC output GUI will split across the machines to give 3 MJ/t each in the case of 2 stills, or it will deliver 6 MJ/t to both? I've got 5 stills set up here now and with the REC set to 6 MJ/t they are running slow. There's seems to be a performance boost upping the output to 30 MJ/t but I don't want to be wasting power if they're not using it.

Can anyone else give me some figures for the saplings needed to get a LP 36 up to heat and how many it uses once at max temp please?
whatever you set the output of the REC to it will split between the two machines. So if you output 6mj/t, each machine will receive 3mj/t.

Reactions: baw179

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Are you saying that 6 MJ/t from the REC output GUI will split across the machines to give 3 MJ/t each in the case of 2 stills, or it will deliver 6 MJ/t to both? I've got 5 stills set up here now and with the REC set to 6 MJ/t they are running slow. There's seems to be a performance boost upping the output to 30 MJ/t but I don't want to be wasting power if they're not using it.

Can anyone else give me some figures for the saplings needed to get a LP 36 up to heat and how many it uses once at max temp please?
Energy conduits are smart enough (I think) that they won't give machines more MJ than they use, despite what the machine requests.
Thus, even if you set your energy cell to output 100 MJ/t, it won't do so unless you're actually using (or your thermionic fabricators are wasting) that much power. But, if you really want to be on the safe side, go with 30 MJ/t.

Try it and tell us what you found! Also, does it really matter how many saplings it uses if you have a tree farm set up?

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Energy conduits are smart enough (I think) that they won't give machines more MJ than they use, despite what the machine requests.
Thus, even if you set your energy cell to output 100 MJ/t, it won't do so unless you're actually using (or your thermionic fabricators are wasting) that much power. But, if you really want to be on the safe side, go with 30 MJ/t.

Try it and tell us what you found! Also, does it really matter how many saplings it uses if you have a tree farm set up?

Thanks and yes, it does matter how many saps it will need as I don't want to get to a point where the boiler is half way up to temp and then I run out of biofuel.

Where is omricon? He knows all this stuff! :cool:

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to put coal dust and refined iron into a industrial blast furnace automatically. I have tried golems and item teserects, but they either put coal where the iron goes or iron where the coal goes. Is there a way to automate this process.

Same ? with industrial grinder.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks and yes, it does matter how many saps it will need as I don't want to get to a point where the boiler is half way up to temp and then I run out of biofuel.

Where is omricon? He knows all this stuff! :cool:

Asleep, like any good European ought to be at that time of the night! :p You have a PM now.

By the way, an addition to the behavior of the REC: It will split the 6 MJ/t you set among all machines connected to that output face. The italics part if important, because you can have multiple conduits coming from the same energy cell. For example, if you have one conduit going off to the left and one conduit going off to the right, then the REC will output 6 MJ/t to both of these conduits, for a total of 12 MJ/t (provided they are being consumed, of course).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to put coal dust and refined iron into a industrial blast furnace automatically. I have tried golems and item teserects, but they either put coal where the iron goes or iron where the coal goes. Is there a way to automate this process.

some of these machines are sensitive to what side you put stuff in. Golems sometimes need to be attached to a different side to get them to put stuff in the right slot. I have not played with the IBF but you might try linking your input to a different side.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Iron, aluminum dust, tungsten dust, titanium dust, chrome dust, pyrite ore, etc. go in the top of the IBF; coal dust, cells, and the like go in the bottom. So put the clay golem (I assume you're using those) supplying iron on the top face of the block, and the one for coal dust on the bottom. Alternatively, if you're using stone golems, put the marker block corresponding to the golem supplying iron on the top and the marker for the golem with coal dust on the bottom. Extract steel (or whatever ingots, silicon plates, etc.) from the side. I would probably just slap a stone golem on the side of the machine.

For the grinder, I would assume that ores go in the top; water, mercury, etc. go in the bottom, and outputs are drawn from the sides.

The implosion compressor, however, is more complicated. Iridium alloy ingots and gem dusts go in the top, ITNT goes in either of the faces with the ITNT texture, and iridium plates or gems can be pulled out from either of the faces with the explosion texture.

Reactions: BIBLO

Vlukav

Jul 29, 2019
Can you automatically pump stuff out of the alloy furnace? I mean with filter, wooden pipe, or an import bus from AE?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Can you automatically pump stuff out of the alloy furnace? I mean with filter, wooden pipe, or an import bus from AE?
Yes, but you need to do so from the right side (looking at the AF from the front). It is specifically the right side, no other side will work.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
In my Mystcraft travels, using 0.10.0, I came across a page called Major Feature Biome. What does it do?

I think that's a Twilight Forest biome and is a wildcard for adding something important to the world like a boss dungeon. I would guess the specific boss/feature it places depends on the biomes immediately surrounding it.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
If there's a page that's specific to Twilight Forest, then are the TF biomes available as pages as well? I want to make a Fire Swamp single-biome world and farm it for Fiery Blood (if the Hydra spawns there, that is). I haven't found a single hydra yet.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The TF biomes were added to the Mystcraft page list in an update to TF (I think 1.15.3) so if you have that version of TF or later, you should be able to get pages for Twilight Forest. They're definitely there when I look at the Creative book.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Iron, aluminum dust, tungsten dust, titanium dust, chrome dust, pyrite ore, etc. go in the top of the IBF; coal dust, cells, and the like go in the bottom. So put the clay golem (I assume you're using those) supplying iron on the top face of the block, and the one for coal dust on the bottom. Alternatively, if you're using stone golems, put the marker block corresponding to the golem supplying iron on the top and the marker for the golem with coal dust on the bottom. Extract steel (or whatever ingots, silicon plates, etc.) from the side. I would probably just slap a stone golem on the side of the machine.

For the grinder, I would assume that ores go in the top; water, mercury, etc. go in the bottom, and outputs are drawn from the sides.

The implosion compressor, however, is more complicated. Iridium alloy ingots and gem dusts go in the top, ITNT goes in either of the faces with the ITNT texture, and iridium plates or gems can be pulled out from either of the faces with the explosion texture.

thank you so much. I been using 4 tesseracts to do it all day. now I can use them somewhere else.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I made some advanced solar panels. I seed there is 4 lighting boltd on bottom in the interface. Can i put overclockers in there, and if so how much does it boost output?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I made some advanced solar panels. I seed there is 4 lighting boltd on bottom in the interface. Can i put overclockers in there, and if so how much does it boost output?
Solar panels cannot be overclocked. Those places are to charge your EU-powered tools, much like you would in a Batbox/MFE/MFSU.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
just to make sure 1 36h boiler can run 2 steam turbine and 3 can run 7.

that means I have 6 36h boilers so I can run 14 steam turbines at full power correct.