Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to re-use water cells ? i want to take water cells and turn them into empty cells , possible ? ( gregtech )

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
is there any way to re-use water cells ? i want to take water cells and turn them into empty cells , possible ? ( gregtech )

A liquid transposer will remove the content of cells whilst retaining the cells. Set up a liquid transposer outputting into a waterproof void pipe.

I also believe an extractor (IC2) will do this for cells as well.

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019
A liquid transposer will remove the content of cells whilst retaining the cells. Set up a liquid transposer outputting into a waterproof void pipe.

I also believe an extractor (IC2) will do this for cells as well.

thanks ! transposer will work , and extractor makes hydration cells

Stocks

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics question. I have searched, but can't seem to find an answer. Quartz blocks are a "rare" spawn below sea level and above diamond. My question is 2 parts. 1. How rare is rare? Diamond rare? I can't seem to find any at all. 2. And this might be why, our server converted from mindcrack to ultimate. Knowing that I need to go to newly generated chucks I set off on a several thousand block road trip and have made several caving and ravine explorations and come up with zip. Haven't made any quarries yet, I figured I'd at least find a few on the walls etc. Anyone else having any trouble finding these things?

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics question. I have searched, but can't seem to find an answer. Quartz blocks are a "rare" spawn below sea level and above diamond. My question is 2 parts. 1. How rare is rare? Diamond rare? I can't seem to find any at all. 2. And this might be why, our server converted from mindcrack to ultimate. Knowing that I need to go to newly generated chucks I set off on a several thousand block road trip and have made several caving and ravine explorations and come up with zip. Haven't made any quarries yet, I figured I'd at least find a few on the walls etc. Anyone else having any trouble finding these things?

We started up a new ultimate map and finding quartz has not been a problem at all and if anything, we've been avoiding picking up more cause we're not 100% sure if we want to mess with Applied Energistics >.> As for your 2 part question:
1. How rare is rare?: In my experience, with a new map you should be bumping into it as often as you bump into ruby or sapphire. If your world was transferred from Mindcrack, then you may be out of luck with finding quartz, since it's hard to know which chunks were previously loaded. My recommendation would be to have your server admin reset the Twilight or maybe add a mystcraft world, or even just spawn you a stack or 2 of the stuff...
2. Hopefully I answered that in the first part of my reply and the answer to your 1st question :p

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to get sorting machines to pull out more than 1 item at a time. If feeding it with a quarry.

I am feeding 3 recyclers using a ender chest. Pulling out of it with 3 sorting machines. have cobble,sand,gravel, marble. ect going to them. Everything else is going to a chest that is pumped into my AE sorting system. I tried putting stacks into the sorting machines thinking that it would pull up to a stack, but what it does is send everthing that isn't a stack to my AE system.

It isn't a problem till my quarry hits a lot of cobble all at once. It almost backs my ender chest up at times. I have 7 power up grades in the recyclers so they can handle a lot more than gets sent to them.

Boomaholic

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with Chunk Loaders not working properly, I've been trouble shooting trying world anchors, spotloaders & chunkloaders but nothing is keeping my engines in the nether running. while i am away. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Ender tanks, xyTanks, or chunkloaders themselves?

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with Chunk Loaders not working properly, I've been trouble shooting trying world anchors, spotloaders & chunkloaders but nothing is keeping my engines in the nether running. while i am away. I'm not sure if this is an issue with Ender tanks, xyTanks, or chunkloaders themselves?
World anchors themselves need ender pearls or they will not work. What kind of engines are you using? Can you post a pic?

Reactions: Whovian

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
And actually enchanting your Sword of the Zephyr, and getting a repair on it. Is that equally rare?
No it isn't. You are actually better off doing that than making enchanted books. Since you can have 4 enchants on a sword, it is 1/4 as rare, or something like that

Mikael

Jul 29, 2019
No it isn't. You are actually better off doing that than making enchanted books. Since you can have 4 enchants on a sword, it is 1/4 as rare, or something like that

Well... OMG. My friend got it after one enchant, I've been enchanting at least 15swords at lvl 30 each. None of them with any luck. I've basically been reduced to sitting there and enchanting books for over 2hours now.

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I
Well... OMG. My friend got it after one enchant, I've been enchanting at least 15swords at lvl 30 each. None of them with any luck. I've basically been reduced to sitting there and enchanting books for over 2hours now.
I know your pain

Boomaholic

Jul 29, 2019
World anchors themselves need ender pearls or they will not work. What kind of engines are you using? Can you post a pic?
I can in a little bit, not at gaming pc at the moment. I do know the anchors require enderpearls, that is why i opt toward the chunk/spot loaders but since those were not working i attempted to look else-where, the spot loader sits between 2 engines, the 4 redstone engines power a pump with an Endertank ontop of the pump. In the overworld is a Tank sitting right ontop of a Valve to a xytank

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
i want to get on a mindcrack sever but im not on the white list y

Because you either didn't contact the server administrators to be put on the whitelist, or your application was rejected/ignored.

I wanted to add to Captain Neckbeards statement with some basic info about whitelisting since this is an information thread.

Whitelisted servers refuse the connection of anyone not on their list. This is contorlled by that servers admin and ops. To get whitelisted you normally have to contact the people running the server and many of them require a application to be filled out. These range from the basic info sorts all the way to the over complex silly ones used by admins with to much time and ego. Either way once this is done and you have been added to the list you can connect normally.

Now once you got whitelisted this does not mean you will always be so. You can be removed from this list normally called Banning. So check out any specail rules given to you on joining the srever.

There are two other sorts of listings. Black and Grey.

Blacklist servers are basicly open servers that anyone can join that keep a block access list they add people to. Sort of the reverse of whitelisting.

Greylist servers ... well I've seen this term thrown around to mean a few things. Most commonly these are setup in a sort of probationary way. Where new people have limited access to things then later after a time are given full access. But this can be diffrent from server to server so its good to ask what a admin means by greylist when trying to join one of these.