Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Having an interface per recipe is intended. The mod is already amazingly powerful (especially in 1.6.4 due to it being pre-channels), having it use no materials would just be silly. Man up and spend the resources. Once you have AE control all your ore processing, it will more than make up for any materials spent.
It's intended? Alright then, I guess I'll just have to make loads of interfaces.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
or use a factorisation router and have that throw all the items into a row of machines from one ME interface (of course only works if the thing you are making is made up of single items such as GT plates, or for smelting etc)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I get so bored when I load up a "normal" modpack these days... so what is a modpack that is NOT "normal", and might actually interest me because it's so different and unique? Would that be TerraFirmaPunk? I did try that one out briefly but didn't really like the way it started out with the sticks-and-rocks collecting... but obv I didn't give the modpack much of a chance.

Just looking for suggestions, and it doesn't have to be an FTB pack either, I have ATLauncher and Curse too.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
I get so bored when I load up a "normal" modpack these days... so what is a modpack that is NOT "normal", and might actually interest me because it's so different and unique? Would that be TerraFirmaPunk? I did try that one out briefly but didn't really like the way it started out with the sticks-and-rocks collecting... but obv I didn't give the modpack much of a chance.

Just looking for suggestions, and it doesn't have to be an FTB pack either, I have ATLauncher and Curse too.
You could try one of the quest packs like Crash Landing or Agarian Skies. There's also Horizons: Daybreaker that aims to use different and unique mods.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You could try one of the quest packs like Crash Landing or Agarian Skies. There's also Horizons: Daybreaker that aims to use different and unique mods.

Thanks. I took it out of my original post, but I had typed something like "HQM modpacks, where you follow the quest book really isn't my cup of tea either". It feels too much like a color-by-numbers, carrot-and-stick kind of thing to me, the quest book. But that's just me, I know most people really enjoyed Agrarian Skies and Crash Landing.

Maybe I've just kinda worn out this game at long last. Playing each modpack begins to feel like playing every other modpack. I wish I could re-discover that new-game feeling, but perhaps I'm simply asking too much from the current crop of modpacks and mods. It's not their fault I'm bored, it's my fault.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks. I took it out of my original post, but I had typed something like "HQM modpacks, where you follow the quest book really isn't my cup of tea either". It feels too much like a color-by-numbers, carrot-and-stick kind of thing to me, the quest book. But that's just me, I know most people really enjoyed Agrarian Skies and Crash Landing.

Maybe I've just kinda worn out this game at long last. Playing each modpack begins to feel like playing every other modpack. I wish I could re-discover that new-game feeling, but perhaps I'm simply asking too much from the current crop of modpacks and mods. It's not their fault I'm bored, it's my fault.

Maybe the new combat mechanics in MC 1.9 will help? I have a simple self-made pack (about 24 mods) with Rogue-like Dungeons and it keeps me on my toes :D

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
(In reply to "Is there a pack with Railcraft, without magic mods)

That's not very helpful (doesn't the pack auto-install missing mods?)

I found one - Tekkit Legends out of the Technic Launcher. Doesn't have any of the lesser known steam mods but it does have Railcraft and Buildcraft for all your industrial type needs :)

I don't mean uninstall, I mean disable.

Like so:
editpack.png

(although if you disable thaumcraft you'll also need to disable several of its add-ons which are also included)

Reactions: Viperion

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I tested in a creative world, but I'd like to get some sort of confirmation: do Ender IO Farming Stations keep the ground tilled? I did not see it moist, but it did not revert to dirt, either.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about natural spawns, but the spawners can be disabled by light.
I found the 4 obelisk altar things and all of them didn't spawn any of the wisps in day though so I am guessing it have minimum light level than

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I found the 4 obelisk altar things and all of them didn't spawn any of the wisps in day though so I am guessing it have minimum light level than

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I think you mean they have a maximum light level at which they spawn. Hence my earlier comment about being able to disable spawning with light.

I did not test it extensively, but I recently set up a spawner room with a spawner from one of the Obsidian totem circles. When the lights were stretched a bit thin, the occasional wisp could spawn. So guessing they only spawn in light levels below 7-8'ish.

Reactions: reddvilzz

O13SC3N3

Jul 29, 2019
Damage Value = Metadata ;P

Can't get it to work properly. This is what I got. Its looking for another item associated with the matchbox as far as I can tell. Do I have to set up different variables with associated durability values first?

#Matchbox
recipes.remove(<RealisticTorches:Matchbox>);
recipe.addShapeless(<RealisticTorches:Matchbox:16>, [<minecraft:flint>, <minecraft:paper>, <ore:stickWood>]);
recipe.addShapeless(<RealisticTorches:Matchbox:32>, [<ore:dustSulfur>, <minecraft:paper>, <ore:stickWood>]);
recipe.addShapeless(<RealisticTorches:Matchbox:64>, [<ore:dustGunpowder>, <ore:dustSulfur>, <minecraft:paper>, <ore:stickWood>]);

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019

InfiTech perhaps? It's much closer to normal minecraft than a TFC based pack in how it plays but the focus around GT5 causes it to still play fairly differently, although early on it can be slower while you're still trying to find useful ore veins and get enough metal to create your basic toolset. While it has HQM too that's totally optional and more of a guide to GregTech than anything else.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Are enchantments supposed to work on the Armored Jetpack from Mekanism? It seems that you can enchant it using the vanilla anvil and books, but not with anything else (enchantment table, auto-anvil,etc.) Is this intended or a bug?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how Eldritch Guardians work in invoking warp effects on a player? I've set up a number of them and put nametags on them (so they won't despawn) in a certain area of my world for their fog effect. However, when I go through this part, I gain warp effects that I haven't had in a long time (I've researched everything in Thaumcraft, including everything with warp effects).

Do they invoke warp effects only on players who have a lot of warp, or do they do so to any player who passes by them, regardless of warp level?

It's a bit difficult to test seeing as how I want to have full warp.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how Eldritch Guardians work in invoking warp effects on a player? I've set up a number of them and put nametags on them (so they won't despawn) in a certain area of my world for their fog effect. However, when I go through this part, I gain warp effects that I haven't had in a long time (I've researched everything in Thaumcraft, including everything with warp effects).

Do they invoke warp effects only on players who have a lot of warp, or do they do so to any player who passes by them, regardless of warp level?

It's been a while since I've played with them, so I reserve the right to be wrong, but I remember it being one of their attacks that added Warp to players. Otherwise, the AI for them should attack any player within range, so it should be independent of a player's warp level (other than the spawning event being related in most cases).

An Eldritch Guardian spawned naturally at an Obelisk will attack any player that comes near regardless of Warp level, and they will add warp to those players (which could in turn spawn more, depending on the existing Warp of the player under attack) when using that attack.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

ive always considered it as just another attack they do , it hits anyone reguardless of warp amount its just people without much warp only notice a positive from it . they can literally add temp warp to anyone they fight and getting any warp reawakens warp events for everyone that can get any warp event

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I've played with them, so I reserve the right to be wrong, but I remember it being one of their attacks that added Warp to players. Otherwise, the AI for them should attack any player within range, so it should be independent of a player's warp level (other than the spawning event being related in most cases).

An Eldritch Guardian spawned naturally at an Obelisk will attack any player that comes near regardless of Warp level, and they will add warp to those players (which could in turn spawn more, depending on the existing Warp of the player under attack) when using that attack.

ive always considered it as just another attack they do , it hits anyone reguardless of warp amount its just people without much warp only notice a positive from it . they can literally add temp warp to anyone they fight and getting any warp reawakens warp events for everyone that can get any warp event

Alright well cool then. I hadn't realized it was an attack because it was happening when I was placing them. Now that they're behind walls, the warp effects seem to have gone away.