Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
I do not know if this is the right place but I looked at other places and did not seem the right place if I have wrong I'm sorry!

It is possible to have two versions of ModPack Infinity Evolved?
I have a version of it to 2.2.2 to I play on a server and I wanted to have a 2.5.0 version for I play in singleplayer but how can I have two versions? because every time I try it gives downgrade and I do not want it! I've tried using two profiles did not work, how can I solve?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if this is the right place but I looked at other places and did not seem the right place if I have wrong I'm sorry!

It is possible to have two versions of ModPack Infinity Evolved?
I have a version of it to 2.2.2 to I play on a server and I wanted to have a 2.5.0 version for I play in singleplayer but how can I have two versions? because every time I try it gives downgrade and I do not want it! I've tried using two profiles did not work, how can I solve?
If you use the curse launcher you could drag the download folders(mods, scripts, configs) from each version into a new profile with proper forge versions.

Edit: Drag the files each into their own profile.

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
If you use the curse launcher you could drag the download folders(mods, scripts, configs) from each version into a new profile with proper forge versions.

Edit: Drag the files each into their own profile.

I do not use the Curse Launcher And yes the FTB Launcher, there is a solution to the FTB Launcher or I have to use the Curse Launcher for this?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I do not use the Curse Launcher And yes the FTB Launcher, there is a solution to the FTB Launcher or I have to use the Curse Launcher for this?
MultiMC can do it as well, if you'd rather use that... but no, I don't think the FTB launcher has any built-in way to do it.

Unless you'd rather do Infinity Evolved Skyblock in singleplayer, in which case that's an entirely separate pack, so it'll work fine.

You could also do it manually, without using any third-partyy launchers at all. Go into your FTB install directory and find the folder containing your Infinity Evolved instance (it'll be named Infinity or Infinity Evolved or something like that). Rename that folder something else, such as Infinity_222 or Infinity_250. Now, when you go back into your FTB launcher, it shouldn't be able to see that renamed folder, so it'll think you never installed Infinity in the first place. Download the whole pack again for whatever version you want. When you want to switch versions, go back to the install directory, rename the new Infinity folder to anything else, and change the name of the folder that you previously renamed back to what it originally was.

Reactions: jdog1408

Godomos

Jul 29, 2019
Playing latest Project Ozone pack, but this might apply to any pack with mekanism and computercraft.

Using computercraft to reset my digital miner because I have a renewable ore source nearby, I wrote a snippet of code to reset it.
After some tinkering I got the start and stop peripheral.call to work. i found out it takes an argument at the end. For example

peripheral.call("back", "start", "1")

will get it to start with the argument string of 1. However, peripheral.call("back", "reset", "1") does nothing. I've tried running the code after a stop command, and several other arguments including 1, 0, true, false, -1, all in string and non-string (without quotes) and also with no argument at all.

What argument can I use to get this function to execute? I cannot find documentation on the Digital Miner's computercraft integration anywhere. I'm no coder, this is just my amateur attempt. Thanks for reading.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
In Obscurity I could click a Compact Machine with a diamond to make it keep the inventory. Was it a configuration specific from the pack? I can't seem to do that on my current pack (Resonant Rise 3).

Edit: took me a while, but I've got it now. Turns out Obscurity set it to be a diamond, but default item is a Nether Star...

Last edited:
V

Viperion

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a Steam based/Tech modpack to play around in. Mostly I want to experiment a bit with Railcraft, but I've run across mentions of a few other Steampunk/Steam based mods as well which add things like airships and jetpacks and things.

I found a pack called "The Simple Life" but it only seems to be available from the Curse launcher which I don't like (let's not get into that argument ;) ); does anyone know the pack code for that pack from the FTB Launcher?

I'd like a modpack with NO magic in it (for some reason a lot of "tech" packs seem to include Witchery), and likewise I don't want anything too futuristic (Galacticraft/ComputerCraft, for example)

I have the FTB Launcher, ATLauncher, and Technic Launcher already going (one of the reasons I don't also want to add the Curse Launcher) so anything on those platforms would be great :)
Quoting my own post FTL :-\

Can anyone recommend a pack with Railcraft, without Advent of Ascension, Thaumcraft, Botania, or Witchery?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Pretty soon(tm) the FtB launcher will be the Curse launcher. Last I heard the transition from one to the other is waiting on completion of the Mac version of Curse.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there going to be a Mac version? I hadn't heard that. The only thing I still use the FTB launcher for is downloading the server packs. This is still a critical function that is missing on the Curse launcher. But, I do find the ability to create multiple instances of the same pack as well as create custom packs is much better on the curse launcher.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Is there going to be a Mac version? I hadn't heard that. The only thing I still use the FTB launcher for is downloading the server packs. This is still a critical function that is missing on the Curse launcher. But, I do find the ability to create multiple instances of the same pack as well as create custom packs is much better on the curse launcher.

I hear they've been internally testing the Mac Curse launcher (for MC) for a while now. Curse does have a Mac launcher for other games so they have the in-house ability, but I'm guessing this will be an upgrade to the "Curse Voice" launcher that the PC version started in.

I've heard people who work at Curse dropping hints at "Something Coming Soon(tm)" and a Mac Client would be my guess.

My hope is that since the Mac OS is heavily based on BSD Unix and Linux and Android are heavily based on AT&T Unix that we'll see a Linux/Android client soon as well, or at least details for some enterprising hobbyist to work with.

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
Hello again...

I'm here again because when I put the configuration "Track FTB instances" it does what it should do is display the modpacks of the FTB, anyone know how to solve? and it also seems that it does not save my settings after I close it!

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So I don't know if this qualifies as a simple question....

What would be a balanced way to fill out the rest of this chart?
5TM4TO
These are liquid fuels, values are from the EnderIO Combustion Generator and the IC2 SemiFluid Generator

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

5TM4TO
These are liquid fuels, values are from the EnderIO Combustion Generator and the IC2 SemiFluid Generator
Well, the standard RF:EU conversion ratio is 4:1, if I remember correctly, so that'd give you a pretty good estimate on some of the missing Total RF/EU values. Beyond that, it looks like the semifluid generator consumes fluid anywhere from 2 to 7 times the rate of the EIO generator, so a mb/s conversion factor anywhere in that range should be fine. Those together will let you fill in all of the rows that are already partially filled in.

As for the completely blank rows, IE ethanol and biodiesel should probably act the same way as Forestry ethanol and BC fuel, respectively. As for liquefacted coal... I don't even know. Doesn't that stuff burn in one of the TE dynamos? If so, that'd be the first place I'd look.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

5TM4TO
Well, the standard RF:EU conversion ratio is 4:1, if I remember correctly, so that'd give you a pretty good estimate on some of the missing Total RF/EU values. Beyond that, it looks like the semifluid generator consumes fluid anywhere from 2 to 7 times the rate of the EIO generator, so a mb/s conversion factor anywhere in that range should be fine. Those together will let you fill in all of the rows that are already partially filled in.

As for the completely blank rows, IE ethanol and biodiesel should probably act the same way as Forestry ethanol and BC fuel, respectively. As for liquefacted coal... I don't even know. Doesn't that stuff burn in one of the TE dynamos? If so, that'd be the first place I'd look.
TE's Liquefacted Coal only runs in the Compression Dynamo, and requires some sort of coolant (e.g. water).
Biodiesel should work similarly to BC's fuel, otherwise IE's Diesel Generator would power it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Does anyone know if emerald ore spawns in the Armoa Mining Dimension?
Do not think so.

A laser drill/orechid will produce them. You can also enchant a sword with Capitalist and use it in a mobfarm to produce emerald shards. Or the villager in smeltery trick.

Reactions: Ashendale