Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
My apologie if these question's have already been asked.

• What's the best setup to autocraft AE2 Processors?
  • How do you get a Ender Quarry to recognize a tesseract as a suitible inventory, and have it transport items through said tesseract to an AE2 ME system? (I'm currently using a ender chest, but this is a terrible setup because it requires two sides of the Ender Quarry to be free, one for the tesseract to power it, and one for a transfer node-to-enderchest to extract the items and transport it where my ME can them import the item's into the system. Is there a better setup than this?)
  • How do you flatten large areas of land in a matter of seconds/minutes? (I'd rather not try to mine all 30,000 blocks in a 100x100x3{Roughly} area, and tips/tricks?)
  • Can someone explain AE2's P2P's fuctionallity to me? Also, how to properly set it up? Maybe link me to a few videos/guides how how it works, and how to set it up? (I've tried working with it and figuring it out on my own for a few days now, and cant seem to wrap myself around it, maybe i'm missing something? I've tried finding video's about it online too, but none i've found has help me. Not to mention, some videos bearly even pertain to the subject, even though the video is labled something like "Setting up AE2's P2Ps"... Get 23 minutes into the video before he actually sets up any P2Ps then only works on it for 2-3 minutes, not explaining anything. TL;DR - I cant find good Youtube videos on P2P)
  • How do MFR farms work?
  • Which tree farm is more effective; MFR's or Steve's Carts?
  • Is there an alternative to Unstable Ingots? (I'm using a cheap mouse, and because of this, it's cost my Steve his life more than a few times.)

1) Best is highly subjective, but I prefer to have a setup for each press, rather than trying to automate the process with a single Inscriber.This allows me to pump components into a single chest and have Itemducts (or equivalent) to push them to the proper Inscriber and pull the chips out (and back into my AE).

2) I just plopped mine down behind the EnderQuarry. Then I set up the Tesseract to transfer power in and items out. If you don't set this up (in the Tesseract GUI) it might not default to settings that are what you need.

3) BuildCraft Filler. I'm more of a hands on guy, personally, but if you want it automatic and relatively fast, the Filler is a nice option.

4) YouTube has a number of tutorials available. Work your Google-Fu.

5) MFR Farms work off a Planter (input seeds and power and it plants them on the tilled dirt above them) and a Harvester (input power and output seeds and crop produce). Default range on both is a 3x3, but they can be upgraded to be quite large. Note that if you are using Agricraft Crops, you can plant the field by hand the first time and the Harvester will take care of them without a Planter (since the seeds don't get pulled from the Crop Sticks).

6) MFR Tree Farms are easier to set up and maintain, IMO. They work off the same two blocks described in 5. Note that if you have a large Planter range, you may want multiple Harvesters to cover the area.

7) There is a recipe for Semi-Stable nuggets, which, to my knowledge, don't explode. These are much more expensive to make (one diamond per nugget, I believe). There is also a second ritual you can perform on your Division Sigil which allows for a less explody version I think, but I'm not sure how to do it off hand. Again, Google-Fu should show you a number of tutorials.

I

iBiohazard

1) Best is highly subjective, but I prefer to have a setup for each press, rather than trying to automate the process with a single Inscriber.This allows me to pump components into a single chest and have Itemducts (or equivalent) to push them to the proper Inscriber and pull the chips out (and back into my AE).

2) I just plopped mine down behind the EnderQuarry. Then I set up the Tesseract to transfer power in and items out. If you don't set this up (in the Tesseract GUI) it might not default to settings that are what you need.

3) BuildCraft Filler. I'm more of a hands on guy, personally, but if you want it automatic and relatively fast, the Filler is a nice option.

4) YouTube has a number of tutorials available. Work your Google-Fu.

5) MFR Farms work off a Planter (input seeds and power and it plants them on the tilled dirt above them) and a Harvester (input power and output seeds and crop produce). Default range on both is a 3x3, but they can be upgraded to be quite large. Note that if you are using Agricraft Crops, you can plant the field by hand the first time and the Harvester will take care of them without a Planter (since the seeds don't get pulled from the Crop Sticks).

6) MFR Tree Farms are easier to set up and maintain, IMO. They work off the same two blocks described in 5. Note that if you have a large Planter range, you may want multiple Harvesters to cover the area.

7) There is a recipe for Semi-Stable nuggets, which, to my knowledge, don't explode. These are much more expensive to make (one diamond per nugget, I believe). There is also a second ritual you can perform on your Division Sigil which allows for a less explody version I think, but I'm not sure how to do it off hand. Again, Google-Fu should show you a number of tutorials.

Thanks for the reply.

As far as the Ender Quarry situation goes, I've tried all variations of placing and setting it to receives items. And it won't work. I'm busy at the moment, but later in the day, when I'm not. I'll hop on and capture a few screen shots, and reply to you again, in hopes that you can assist me I'm troubleshooting the issue, if you didn't mind of course.
Thanks!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Can someone explain AE2's P2P's fuctionallity to me? Also, how to properly set it up? Maybe link me to a few videos/guides how how it works, and how to set it up? (I've tried working with it and figuring it out on my own for a few days now, and cant seem to wrap myself around it, maybe i'm missing something? I've tried finding video's about it online too, but none i've found has help me. Not to mention, some videos bearly even pertain to the subject, even though the video is labled something like "Setting up AE2's P2Ps"... Get 23 minutes into the video before he actually sets up any P2Ps then only works on it for 2-3 minutes, not explaining anything. TL;DR - I cant find good Youtube videos on P2P)

P2P simply makes anything connected to the two ends of a P2P tunnel act as if they're physically connected to each other even though they are actually quite far apart.

Say you have a line of ME cable connecting up the core of your network to some fairly distant bit of your base and you want to bring more channels out without wanting to lay another dense cable each time.

What you can do is hook up a P2P tunnel (taking up one channel), then go back to your ME controller, run a single section of dense cable out of it into another P2P controller (taking up a second channel, but being right next to the controller this isn't a problem :p).

Now get a memory card in your hand and shift+right click the P2P tunnel that your dense cable is running into, this will save the settings for that device. Then go to the P2P tunnel you want to connect as the output end and right click it with the memory card containing the saved settings, this will load them into the end device, connecting the two.

Now just hook up a bit of dense cable to the end device and you should have 32 channels being wirelessly transmitted between the two :)

Attachments

• 2016-05-01_14.10.58.png
    2016-05-01_14.10.58.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 51

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
  1. EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
  2. * An unknown AE2 API is installed (rv3 from appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-5.jar).
  3. Ender IO was build against API version rv2 and may or may not work with a newer version.
  4. * The RF API that is being used (1.7.10R1.0.2 from <unknown>) differes from that that is reported as being loaded (1.7.10R1.0.3 from SolarExpansion-Basic-1.6a.jar).
  5. It is a supported version, but that difference may lead to problems.
  6. This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
i read that but this is the stock infinity evolved skyblock pack

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
P2P simply makes anything connected to the two ends of a P2P tunnel act as if they're physically connected to each other even though they are actually quite far apart.

Say you have a line of ME cable connecting up the core of your network to some fairly distant bit of your base and you want to bring more channels out without wanting to lay another dense cable each time.

What you can do is hook up a P2P tunnel (taking up one channel), then go back to your ME controller, run a single section of dense cable out of it into another P2P controller (taking up a second channel, but being right next to the controller this isn't a problem :p).

Now get a memory card in your hand and shift+right click the P2P tunnel that your dense cable is running into, this will save the settings for that device. Then go to the P2P tunnel you want to connect as the output end and right click it with the memory card containing the saved settings, this will load them into the end device, connecting the two.

Now just hook up a bit of dense cable to the end device and you should have 32 channels being wirelessly transmitted between the two :)
Also, there's a video here that does a really good job of explaining almost all aspects of channel management in AE2.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an alternative to Unstable Ingots? (I'm using a cheap mouse, and because of this, it's cost my Steve his life more than a few times.)
Three major ways to help, the stabilization ritual has already been mentioned, but that can be kinda hard and isn't cheap, requiring among other things an emerald ore and all twelve vanilla records. There is the semi-stable nuggets as mentioned, but that multiplies diamond cost by nine.

However for a tip for the normal crafting method, pretty sure it requires inventory tweaks. You may have noticed you can use hotkeys to swap items from your inventory with your hotbar, hit 1 over an item slot and it'll swap it with the item in the first slot of your hotbar, you can do that with crafting grids too. This allows you with the right practice to clear your hotbar and then when you craft the unstable ingots they'll all get dumped into any free slots there, then shift click out the division sigil and run your mouse over the crafting grid while hitting 1-9 as applicable to very quickly dump all the items into the right slots. May not get it on your first try but I do find it easier than moving my mouse everywhere.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Three major ways to help, the stabilization ritual has already been mentioned, but that can be kinda hard and isn't cheap, requiring among other things an emerald ore and all twelve vanilla records.
I just recently did that, and apparently you don't need the Emerald ore any more since there are now 13 items listed for the Earthen chest(you only need 12).

The music discs can be a PITA, but you can reasonably easy set up a farm for those using the "skeleton killing creeper" mechanic. I used a couple Corporeal Attractors and some Cursed Earth to set it up. One Attractor set to pull Creepers, other set to pull Skeletons. Some microblocks to block most the arrows, auto feeding trinket and afk for discs.

The ritual itself is very underwhelming IMO. From reading about it I always thought it was "Last Man standing" type of thing with lots of waves of mobs. But basically you can just fly around the End in peace with a ranged weapon and pick them off one by one.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Ooo, ooo, I know just the thing.

I'm almost positive it's the Afrit from Lycanite's mobs (so you'd have to install that). It randomly spawns from fire or lava. Here is what it looks like (the Afrit)

Here is what it can do (again, I'm almost positive it's him the cause, buuuuuuut, I could be wrong; still it does what you seem to want) here.

Edit: I didn't want you to go through the whole video. I fiuxed with the links to the correct time.

Unfortunately I'm not interested in adding new mods to the pack, nor am I interested in doing so just for one specific purpose. I do appreciate the input though.

Why not just drop a few buckets of Lava in strategic places? Lava will do most of the work, plus catch fires to.clean up some.more.

Edit: Also, Blazing Pyrotheum

Tried that, still didn't work too well due to Minecraft's standard fire mechanics. . I just ended up taking a tediously long time clearing out bushes with a tinkers woodaxe :(

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I'm not interested in adding new mods to the pack, nor am I interested in doing so just for one specific purpose. I do appreciate the input though.

Tried that, still didn't work too well due to Minecraft's standard fire mechanics. . I just ended up taking a tediously long time clearing out bushes with a tinkers woodaxe :(

You may consider cutting a perimeter (fire break, if you will), then using a MFR Harvester to clean it up. If the tree canopy is touching, the MFR Harvester considers all connected trees to be one tree and in range. Bonus, you get the wood.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
How do you keep a vanilla spawner running without having to be within a certain block radius of it? I'm not talking about keeping the chunks loaded. Unless I'm checking outdated wikis, you need to be within 16 blocks for a vanilla spawner to work. Is there anyway to bypass this requirement using a mod so it's always running as long as the chunk is being loaded?

V

Viperion

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a Steam based/Tech modpack to play around in. Mostly I want to experiment a bit with Railcraft, but I've run across mentions of a few other Steampunk/Steam based mods as well which add things like airships and jetpacks and things.

I found a pack called "The Simple Life" but it only seems to be available from the Curse launcher which I don't like (let's not get into that argument ;) ); does anyone know the pack code for that pack from the FTB Launcher?

I'd like a modpack with NO magic in it (for some reason a lot of "tech" packs seem to include Witchery), and likewise I don't want anything too futuristic (Galacticraft/ComputerCraft, for example)

I have the FTB Launcher, ATLauncher, and Technic Launcher already going (one of the reasons I don't also want to add the Curse Launcher) so anything on those platforms would be great :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How do you keep a vanilla spawner running without having to be within a certain block radius of it? I'm not talking about keeping the chunks loaded. Unless I'm checking outdated wikis, you need to be within 16 blocks for a vanilla spawner to work. Is there anyway to bypass this requirement using a mod so it's always running as long as the chunk is being loaded?
Cursed earth directly underneath the spawner should work.

Reactions: No one

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Alright, thanks! Now I need to get a silk touch shovel.

A silk touch pick will work, but the shovel mines it much faster. Rarely do I bother making a silk shovel, as I prefer a silk pick and thus have the ability to mine it already.

O13SC3N3

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible with MineTweaker to take lets say (ITEM) designate 2 val of it like (RecipeA) and (RecipeB) two different Recipes, but instead of just using addrecipe, it gives the same item however but with a different durability. So if you craft the item with RecipeA you get 32/64 Durability. And with RecipeB you get 64/64 Durability. Been playing around with this and this eludes me how to do this.

-Also-

Any reason why this doesn't parse?

recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:clay_ball> * 5, [<ore:blockStainedHardenedClay>, <minecraft:water_bucket>.giveBack(<minecraft:water_bucket> * 1]));

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it possible with MineTweaker to take lets say (ITEM) designate 2 val of it like (RecipeA) and (RecipeB) two different Recipes, but instead of just using addrecipe, it gives the same item however but with a different durability. So if you craft the item with RecipeA you get 32/64 Durability. And with RecipeB you get 64/64 Durability. Been playing around with this and this eludes me how to do this.

-Also-

Any reason why this doesn't parse?

recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:clay_ball> * 5, [<ore:blockStainedHardenedClay>, <minecraft:water_bucket>.giveBack(<minecraft:water_bucket> * 1]));
Dunno about Minetweakering with durability, but as for your second question, your closing square bracket and the parenthesis immediately after it are in the wrong order. Either that or one or both should come before the .giveBack part; I'm not sure what the proper syntax for that is. But as is, they're certainly mismatched.

Reactions: O13SC3N3