Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Do not think so.

A laser drill/orechid will produce them. You can also enchant a sword with Capitalist and use it in a mobfarm to produce emerald shards. Or the villager in smeltery trick.
Thanks. I usually don't smelt villagers, but since I haven't found a village in about 200-600 blocks around my base (Resonant Rise 3) I feel that their lack of presence would deserve such a treatment.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I usually don't smelt villagers, but since I haven't found a village in about 200-600 blocks around my base (Resonant Rise 3) I feel that their lack of presence would deserve such a treatment.
Don't you need a village first before you can smelt the villagers?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Never used it myself either, as I feel its a completely ridiculous mechanic. But used the Capitalist enchants on the swords of two KillerJoes this current world, and it worked quite nicely.
Doesn't stack with Looting however, so just swap out the swords for whatever I need.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Never used it myself either, as I feel its a completely ridiculous mechanic. But used the Capitalist enchants on the swords of two KillerJoes this current world, and it worked quite nicely.
Doesn't stack with Looting however, so just swap out the swords for whatever I need.
I remember seeing somewhere that you could put unbreaking on a tool with repair because vanilla doesn't make any checks for incompatible enchants, wouldn't the same aply to looting and capitalist?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Lately I encountered one and heard about a second mod that tried to reach a website in the background (while just starting a world) which seems to be hijacked/infected.

So: Can you tell minecraft in general to never even try to reach websites in the background? :/

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Lately I encountered one and heard about a second mod that tried to reach a website in the background (while just starting a world) which seems to be hijacked/infected.

So: Can you tell minecraft in general to never even try to reach websites in the background? :/

Not sure about the answer to your question, but if you found them on the Curse repository, do the community a favor and report it. Such behavior is despicable and deserves to be shut down, if not castrated.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Don't you need a village first before you can smelt the villagers?
With a Splash Potion of Weakness and a golden apple (the cheaper version, not the Notch apple), you can cure zombie villagers, which occasionally spawn in place of ordinary zombies. Do that twice (to two different zombie villagers) and throw down some doors, and you have a village.

Reactions: Ashendale

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about the answer to your question, but if you found them on the Curse repository, do the community a favor and report it. Such behavior is despicable and deserves to be shut down, if not castrated.

If you mean the part of the 'infected' website: I think I can say for sure that's not the mod author's fault, but that someone just seem to have taken control of the mod-statistic website, without their knowledge.
In the case of myself I couldn't even say if it was a false alarm, just in the case I read about recently this person tested it and it was not a false alarm.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you mean the part of the 'infected' website: I think I can say for sure that's not the mod author's fault, but that someone just seem to have taken control of the mod-statistic website, without their knowledge.
In the case of myself I couldn't even say if it was a false alarm, just in the case I read about recently this person tested it and it was not a false alarm.

Any method of forcing my system to.connect to some other site without my doing it should be frowned upon. The fact that the mod author is not aware of any wrong doing does not excuse him from liability in my opinion, and only serves to further my argument against this behavior.

V

Viperion

(In reply to "Is there a pack with Railcraft, without magic mods)
Infinity, if you disable TC, Botania and Witchery :)
That's not very helpful (doesn't the pack auto-install missing mods?)

I found one - Tekkit Legends out of the Technic Launcher. Doesn't have any of the lesser known steam mods but it does have Railcraft and Buildcraft for all your industrial type needs :)

Reactions: Lethosos

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
(In reply to "Is there a pack with Railcraft, without magic mods)

That's not very helpful (doesn't the pack auto-install missing mods?)

I found one - Tekkit Legends out of the Technic Launcher. Doesn't have any of the lesser known steam mods but it does have Railcraft and Buildcraft for all your industrial type needs :)
Disable ProjectE, and it's a challenge of a pack. I'm still short on Ender Pearls and very few enderbums actually show up to get whacked.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

V

Viperion

Disable ProjectE, and it's a challenge of a pack. I'm still short on Ender Pearls and very few enderbums actually show up to get whacked.
Yeah I'm thinking of doing that (or just ignoring it). OP mod is OP. Does it add any oregen or anything? I've already put a few hours into it, don't want to corrupt the thing by removing ProjectE

No one

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the ME interface to transfer items to machines while auto-crafting in 1.6.4? I've tried everything, itemducts, me export buses, etc, but it only exports the items it needs to craft to another machine if it's right next to it.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the ME interface to transfer items to machines while auto-crafting in 1.6.4? I've tried everything, itemducts, me export buses, etc, but it only exports the items it needs to craft to another machine if it's right next to it.
ME interface, with a crafting pattern for <item needed>, pointing to the input side of the machine (right click it with a wrench until the arrow points towards the machine)

No one

Jul 29, 2019
ME interface, with a crafting pattern for <item needed>, pointing to the input side of the machine (right click it with a wrench until the arrow points towards the machine)
I tried the wrench/arrow thing however it doesn't work with an export bus or itemducts, only if the interface is right next to the machine, and I don't want to make a seperate interface for each one :/

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the wrench/arrow thing however it doesn't work with an export bus or itemducts, only if the interface is right next to the machine, and I don't want to make a seperate interface for each one :/

Having an interface per recipe is intended. The mod is already amazingly powerful (especially in 1.6.4 due to it being pre-channels), having it use no materials would just be silly. Man up and spend the resources. Once you have AE control all your ore processing, it will more than make up for any materials spent.