Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I also noticed that, with 6 cores, Soartex runs around 90-100 FPS, while Sphax goes below 60 (in caves). I have no idea what to make of this...

it did help a little bit. I just went to a HD texture pack and it dropped my FPS from ~100 to ~50. Last night after doing the arguments and Optifine i was around ~110 with all high settings. I went to a well developed base with lots of Logistic pipes and i was a constant ~ 30 FPS, before the FPS jumped from ~5-35 and wasnt smooth at all.

BUDs unfortunately do not work, a BUD next to a tree will block its growth. Good idea though.

That said, I eventually got my goal halfworking, while I couldn't figure out how to do it by tree I did something that's probably better really, figured out how to get a filler and an activator working together to autosmelt lumberaxe wood produced from a normal tree farm.

Etho just built a bud switch for a vanilla tree farm and also did a extensive testing on what will and wont block the tree growth for different saplings. It was cool to watch

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
After posting that I went on Google Translate and wrote Element Guardian(as Elemental Guradian wouldn't fully translate in Latin) and I got Elementum Custos, sounds pretty cool.
Oh gawd, google translate is awful for everything but Spanish and Mandarin. Everything else is jack s**t, especially Latin because it mixes Oxford(Formal) and Ecclesiastic(Church). Which uses slightly different grammar and some very different words and pronunciations. Lawl sorry bout the rant but anyway, I'm pretty sure there was a cooler word for guardian. I just can't put my finger on it. But I'll edit this post when/if I can figure it out.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So, what, the filler just fills an area with logs and the activator uses a lumberaxe to chop down the big log-cube/box?
Basically, it's a bit more complex all up. For example the conduits at the bottom connect the autonomous activator to a capacitor bank for automatic tool charging. The leaves at the top are to make TiC recognize it as a tree. The walls are to keep stuff from straying while the water helps deal with items at the eyes to let the vacuum hopper get it all.

The most important thing which is barely visible is the buildcraft gate, the red alloy wore connecting it to the activator is easier to see. It's an iron gate with both conditions set to activate on work end, one triggers loop to restart the filler while the other emits a redstone signal which is needed by the activator to run. The combo causes the signal to flicker as whenever loop restarts it before the logs have been harvested the signal shuts off but the logs are done so it just finished again, apparently the activator can deal with that though.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Any packs out there similar to Infinity Expert mode which have the following?
- No IC2 (or, at least you don't have to touch it)
- Mod integration which isn't stupidly implemented (e.g. not using the rock crusher to make a bee hive, or anything stupid)
- No BoP (or at least won't break if removing it)
- Not many craftgasms (where you craft a to make b, which is used in c to get d, which you combine with e to make f, which you have to use to make g that is mixed with h to get the item you want)
- Always a possible, and viable, alternative (not needed, but it would be nice for example if Steve's Carts 2 is the main way of doing everything, that for a little extra cost you can use MFR)
- Can be played in peaceful mode, without too much of an issue (e.g. only turning to easy+ to get nether stars, and beat the end dragon - not needed if the following is met)
- Decent armour throughout the progression tree. I expect wood/leather type armour to be easy to get, then iron armour pretty much 5 minutes after mining. Then as you get closer to the end of a mod, in terms of machinery/etc. you get something better than diamond, and so on, and so forth.
- (Maybe) a reason to use other mods, e.g. Forestry is given a way to triple ores, whereas all other mods double at most.
- And most importantly, it isn't a pack that you get bored with because you have to wait for machines to process (because you can't make faster ones) or because you spend ages mining/crafting for something quite simple (like a machine frame, or pipe)

Other bonuses would be:
- It has different mods (e.g. instead of Tinkers you have Silent Gems - if it's a 1.8 pack)
- It's different (You don't just butt-rush a few mods, and then you're already killing the wither)

The pack doesn't HAVE to be a default terrain gen map (i.e. it can be a challenge pack, like a skyblock) BUT it cannot:
Be one of the following packs (as I have already played or just don't like):
- Agrarian Skies 2
- Regrowth

And, ideally, it won't be on the Curse launcher, as I cannot stand it in it's current form.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
- Mod integration which isn't stupidly implemented (e.g. not using the rock crusher to make a bee hive, or anything stupid)
- Not many craftgasms (where you craft a to make b, which is used in c to get d, which you combine with e to make f, which you have to use to make g that is mixed with h to get the item you want)
- Always a possible, and viable, alternative (not needed, but it would be nice for example if Steve's Carts 2 is the main way of doing everything, that for a little extra cost you can use MFR)
- Can be played in peaceful mode, without too much of an issue (e.g. only turning to easy+ to get nether stars, and beat the end dragon - not needed if the following is met)
- Decent armour throughout the progression tree. I expect wood/leather type armour to be easy to get, then iron armour pretty much 5 minutes after mining. Then as you get closer to the end of a mod, in terms of machinery/etc. you get something better than diamond, and so on, and so forth.
- (Maybe) a reason to use other mods, e.g. Forestry is given a way to triple ores, whereas all other mods double at most.
- And most importantly, it isn't a pack that you get bored with because you have to wait for machines to process (because you can't make faster ones) or because you spend ages mining/crafting for something quite simple (like a machine frame, or pipe)

Other bonuses would be:
- It has different mods (e.g. instead of Tinkers you have Silent Gems - if it's a 1.8 pack)
- It's different (You don't just butt-rush a few mods, and then you're already killing the wither)

The pack doesn't HAVE to be a default terrain gen map (i.e. it can be a challenge pack, like a skyblock) BUT it cannot:
- Agrarian Skies 2
- Regrowth

And, ideally, it won't be on the Curse launcher, as I cannot stand it in it's current form.
Tricky. It sounds in some ways like you actually want an ParticularlyEasy mode of infinity. But not entirely.

The primary obstacle is that you want to have a sense of progression without Time being a major gate (or twitch or inconvenience being gates either for that matter, e.g peaceful and reasonable crafting layers).

I'm wracking my brain and not really coming up with anything; this is a problem in basic game design in general really: if everything is reasonably easy to access, even if they're gated back to back, those individual gates lose value and its hard to forget that you're just a rat running through mazes.

I have to think that you'd be far better off doing your best to assemble such a pack yourself; your requirements are extremely personal.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

Other bonuses would be:

- Agrarian Skies 2
- Regrowth

@Bluedog444 and @Fortanono have been developing Infinity Cubed but it wasn't ready that last time I checked.

Reactions: Bluedog444

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Tricky. It sounds in some ways like you actually want an ParticularlyEasy mode of infinity. But not entirely.

The primary obstacle is that you want to have a sense of progression without Time being a major gate (or twitch or inconvenience being gates either for that matter, e.g peaceful and reasonable crafting layers).

I'm wracking my brain and not really coming up with anything; this is a problem in basic game design in general really: if everything is reasonably easy to access, even if they're gated back to back, those individual gates lose value and its hard to forget that you're just a rat running through mazes.

I have to think that you'd be far better off doing your best to assemble such a pack yourself; your requirements are extremely personal.
Well it doesn't have to be SIMPLE. I mean, you can have your first machine frame costing 72 diamonds for all I care. But as soon as I have gotten to a point where making something is trivial, apart from the time and effort to sit in a crafting table/machine GUI for 10 minutes, I'd like there to be another option.
For example, to make your first machine frame (I will use as an example, as this is one of my major hated recipes in I:E) you would use the assembly table, to actually craft it.
Then, you may be able to use a bucket of energized redstone and a fairly "vanilla" crafting recipe, to make them from there on out. Meaning you needed to have made a machine frame or two using the tedious way, then you have a simpler way to do it.

EDIT:
@Bluedog444 and @Fortanono have been developing Infinity Cubed but it wasn't ready that last time I checked.
Oh, what's that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well it doesn't have to be SIMPLE. I mean, you can have your first machine frame costing 72 diamonds for all I care. But as soon as I have gotten to a point where making something is trivial, apart from the time and effort to sit in a crafting table/machine GUI for 10 minutes, I'd like there to be another option.
I just minetweak my own recipes into expert mode when I've achieved certain gates to accomplish things like this.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I just minetweak my own recipes into expert mode when I've achieved certain gates to accomplish things like this.
I would do that, but there is just so many issues I have with I:E that it isn't really worth it. Especially seeing as something like 30% of the mods in there don't interest me, so I would be personalizing a pack to my liking, and then potentially breaking something (if I removed stuff like witchery)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
If you're willing to branch out from FTB, try Tekkit Legends. You can avoid using IC2 in it, and not use ProjectE if you want a challenge as well. It makes getting Ender Pearls a big need, as the drop isn't constant.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2