Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Paulbunion

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to setup a FTB Unstable server, but don't know which mods to transfer into the server folder. I keep getting an error on login saying "fatally missing blocks".

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friends started a FTB infinty server, and after exploring for a little bit we couldn't find and of the biomes o'plenty biomes. How do i enable these biomes and the ore and all that on a FTB server? And how would i make them size 6 biomes? Sorry iv not ran a server before.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Me and my friends started a FTB infinty server, and after exploring for a little bit we couldn't find and of the biomes o'plenty biomes. How do i enable these biomes and the ore and all that on a FTB server? And how would i make them size 6 biomes? Sorry iv not ran a server before.
BoP will only generate its biomes in its own world type. In your server.properties file, you'll see a line to that sort of effect, most likely with DEFAULT on the right hand side. Change that to BIOMESOP and regenerate the world; that should give you BoP biomes.

As for how to change the size of the biomes... no idea.

Reactions: jordsta95

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to setup a FTB Unstable server, but don't know which mods to transfer into the server folder. I keep getting an error on login saying "fatally missing blocks".
Just copy over all of the mods from your local instance (the modpack's folder), and then if it crashes because something doesn't work on a server (e.g. a map mod) remove it

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
BoP will only generate its biomes in its own world type. In your server.properties file, you'll see a line to that sort of effect, most likely with DEFAULT on the right hand side. Change that to BIOMESOP and regenerate the world; that should give you BoP biomes.

As for how to change the size of the biomes... no idea.
Would changing that server property make new chunks have the new biomes? Or would i need to make a new world?

T

ThatModGuy

You will need to specify more than that for people to help. How are you automating it?

If you are talking about the problem of part of the required items getting left in there during chunk/server/world unloads, then there is really nothing you can do about it. Other than making sure everything is chunkloaded, not to shut down while crafting or have dedicated machines for every recipe.
its being automated by an AE system, and it works at first, but eventually(like 64 recipes or something) one item overtakes another and it does not work

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
@Inaeo I've been checking the system on your signature and I can't replicate the same level of energy production using steam dynamos. I use 1 boiler, 1 fabricator, 5 dynamos and I get 0 outcome. What I produce goes right back to compensate the energy I spend. I have to say I am trying with 2 Buildcraft pumps (rather than XU transfer pipes) which consume 100 RF/t each. So that means that all this setup, If I were to make it in survival, would be a retarded resource sink to get 200 RF/t. The dynamos all use the level 3 augments.

Unless I'm doing something very wrong (which is very likely), this doesn't add up. Help?

Edit: I'm slightly retarded, as I didn't have my capacitor bank on input, and as such was "recieving" 0 RF/t. I am now getting about 530 Rf/t. If I take out the pumps it's 730. Is this correct?

Edit: interestingly, an MFR tree farm, processing wood to coal on a resonant machine, feeds 3 dynamos (I tried with 6, but 3 poor bastards weren't getting any) gets me 1.3k RF/t total (with the involved machines numbers included). Any opinions?

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to check how many downloads and launches and instances of a pack. Without one of those sketchy tracking mods that tell me people in Russia and Turkey are playing my pack... I mean maybe they do appeal to them but it didn't seem right, lol.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
@Inaeo I've been checking the system on your signature and I can't replicate the same level of energy production using steam dynamos. I use 1 boiler, 1 fabricator, 5 dynamos and I get 0 outcome. What I produce goes right back to compensate the energy I spend. I have to say I am trying with 2 Buildcraft pumps (rather than XU transfer pipes) which consume 100 RF/t each. So that means that all this setup, If I were to make it in survival, would be a retarded resource sink to get 200 RF/t. The dynamos all use the level 3 augments.

Unless I'm doing something very wrong (which is very likely), this doesn't add up. Help?

Edit: I'm slightly retarded, as I didn't have my capacitor bank on input, and as such was "recieving" 0 RF/t. I am now getting about 530 Rf/t. If I take out the pumps it's 730. Is this correct?

Edit: interestingly, an MFR tree farm, processing wood to coal on a resonant machine, feeds 3 dynamos (I tried with 6, but 3 poor bastards weren't getting any) gets me 1.3k RF/t total (with the involved machines numbers included). Any opinions?

I'm always down to discuss broken power gen. If you don't mind, I'll ask you to join us here:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/self-sustaining-closed-loop-lava-turbine-generator.142830/

Should save us losing track of things in the Ask thread. Also some of the basic premise has been covered.

Edit: Upon a bit of review, it would seem your main issue is the single boiler. One boiler gives 400mb/t steam, and a level III augmented Steam Dynamo consumes 320mb/t. This means you get one and a fraction dyanmo worth of power, and the other dynamos are sitting idle (or getting scraps of leftovers occasionally). Five level III augmented dynamos would consume 1600mb/t, which is exactly four steam boilers worth of steam. Try adding three more boilers to your setup, and I bet your output will rise dramatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to check how many downloads and launches and instances of a pack. Without one of those sketchy tracking mods that tell me people in Russia and Turkey are playing my pack... I mean maybe they do appeal to them but it didn't seem right, lol.
YAMST is probably the best one for it

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
aroma mining world, is there a way to tell what ores will spawn there? I seem to never get any bauxite despite getting all the other GT ores just bauxite that never shows up. So am I just unlucky so far or.. help? :( I need that bauxite so bad.

edit> monster with gt added..

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
aroma mining world, is there a way to tell what ores will spawn there? I seem to never get any bauxite despite getting all the other GT ores just bauxite that never shows up. So am I just unlucky so far or.. help? :( I need that bauxite so bad.

edit> monster with gt added..
Bauxite only spawns in a select few biomes, for example Birch Forest, (or at least it did in the version you're playing). Unless the mining world has these biomes, it would explain why you don't get bauxite

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Bauxite only spawns in a select few biomes, for example Birch Forest, (or at least it did in the version you're playing). Unless the mining world has these biomes, it would explain why you don't get bauxite
i dont know the mod very well but ive been told by numerous people all ores spawn in that age, even biome specific ones. However in my experience finding stuff that is biome specific is very hard such as emeralds.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know the mod very well but ive been told by numerous people all ores spawn in that age, even biome specific ones. However in my experience finding stuff that is biome specific is very hard such as emeralds.

You could use Mystcraft to generate the missing biomes for mining purposes. It's an extra hassle, but it would fill the gaps if you're hard up.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I'm trying to write a MineTweaker script to add the ability to smelt certain RotaryCraft flakes in the IE arc furnace. Everything appears to be in order, but I keep getting the error:

Error executing IE-Arc-Furnace-Extras.zs: 1

The script is below. Anyone care to point out what's wrong, because the error is not at all informative.

Code:
import minetweaker.item.IItemStack;

var RoCFlakes = [<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:24>,
  <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:25>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:26>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:27>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:28>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:29>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:30>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:31>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:32>,

<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:3>,  // Tin
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:7>,  // Copper
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:11>,  // Lead
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:15>,  // Nickel
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:19>,  // Silver
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:39>,  // Certus
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:43>,  // Uranium
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:115>, // Nether Coal
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:119>, // Nether Iron
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:123>, // Nether Gold
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:127>, // Nether Redstone
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:131>, // Nether Lapis
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:135>, // Nether Diamond
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:139>, // Nether Emerald
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:143>, // Nether Tin
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:147>, // Nether Copper
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:151>, // Nether Lead
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:155>, // Nether Nickel
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:159>, // Nether Silver
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:175>, // Platinum
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:179>, // Nether Platinum
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:187>, // Osmium
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:191>, // Steel
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:275>, // Nether Uranium
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:311> // Nether Osmium
          ] as IItemStack[];

var RoCOutput = [<minecraft:coal>,
  <minecraft:iron_ingot>,
          <minecraft:gold_ingot>,
          <minecraft:redstone>,
          <minecraft:dye:4>,
          <minecraft:diamond>,
          <minecraft:emerald>,
          <minecraft:quartz>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_compacts:7>,

<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots>,  // Tin
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:1>,  // Copper
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:2>,  // Lead
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:3>,  // Nickel
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:4>,  // Silver
          <appliedenergistics2:item.ItemMultiMaterial>, // Certus
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:10>,  // Uranium
          <minecraft:coal>,
  <minecraft:iron_ingot>,
          <minecraft:gold_ingot>,
          <minecraft:redstone>,
          <minecraft:dye:4>,
          <minecraft:diamond>,
          <minecraft:emerald>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:1>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:2>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:3>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:4>,
  <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:43>, // Platinum
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:43>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:46>, // Osmium
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:47>, // Steel
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:10>,
          <RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modingots:46>
          ] as IItemStack[];

for i, flakes in RoCFlakes
{
  for j, outputs in RoCOutput
  {
  var flake  = RoCFlakes[i];
   var output = RoCOutput[j];

mods.immersiveengineering.ArcFurnace.addRecipe( output, flake, null, 100, 512 );
  }
}

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Tweaking Reikas mods is ill advised. There is code that prevents it from working with RoC, ReC, ChC and ElC.
You may find your scripts not working at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk