Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a mod that adds liquids colored like minecraft dyes?
ChromatiCraft has liquid chroma which can be dyed in world for actual fluids and GT has fluix dues that can't be placed in world. Not sure of anything small though.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
It adds more mob drops than the clearly stated "you need these mob drops for the colour"?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

Well I want to try to minetweak a new way of making dyes using liquids and it seemed like these mob drops might throw a monkey wrench into my plans. But seeing as their are no other practical alternatives I will probably use rainbow liquids after all and just deal with it.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
A few questions about 1.8.9
1) Is it just me, or does hunger down down waaaAAAAAAAaaaaay faster than in 1.7.10?
2) Is there any modifiers for Tinkers tools that repair the tool automagically? (I see no moss ball)
3) Anyone know where to get ExtraUtilities2, or when it will be released on Curseforge?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
1) Is it just me, or does hunger down down waaaAAAAAAAaaaaay faster than in 1.7.10?
2) Is there any modifiers for Tinkers tools that repair the tool automagically? (I see no moss ball)
3) Anyone know where to get ExtraUtilities2, or when it will be released on Curseforge?
1. I don't think there were any changes to hunger, could be wrong
2. Not yet as of today
3. Soon™

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
There are no modifiers for self-repair, but wood very-very slowly repairs a tool with it's Ecological trait. It also occasionally splinters you.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Has the forum post rate just gone down, or have I not been getting any notifications for three days straight?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Has the forum post rate just gone down, or have I not been getting any notifications for three days straight?
Your notifications are probably just borked.

Do note that you can use the "Watched Threads" link in the top bar of the forum to see all the threads that you watch that people have posted on since you last looked at them, which works even if your alerts derp out.

Reactions: gold49

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
If I want tu upgrade FTBUtility in my Ininify Evolved 2.3.5 pack, what do I have to take care of? As for now I just tried the last Utilitie version and game crashes when starting.
I did upgrade to Java 8 already in case this was a requeirement.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Your notifications are probably just borked.

Do note that you can use the "Watched Threads" link in the top bar of the forum to see all the threads that you watch that people have posted on since you last looked at them, which works even if your alerts derp out.

Thank you, will be checking watched threads from now on I guess.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thank you, will be checking watched threads from now on I guess.
I like it better than the alerts. It keeps track ow which ones you've read as you read them and doesn't break if you have to leave midway through your notifications, although it doesn't notify you when you get pinged. So I still have to check the alerts and make sure none of the are pings.

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
So I tried to look this up myself but I struggled with the wording and couldn't find anything. I notice when I watch streams that people are able to click an item they look up in NEI and hit the little question mark box and it puts the items in for them to craft. If they don't have the items on them or in their ME system it won't add them to the crafting box. This seems very handy however when I try and do this it puts each of the items I need on the table but they are just a grayed out picture of the item instead of the actual items even if I have them on me. Any tips or something I may have overlooked?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So I tried to look this up myself but I struggled with the wording and couldn't find anything. I notice when I watch streams that people are able to click an item they look up in NEI and hit the little question mark box and it puts the items in for them to craft. If they don't have the items on them or in their ME system it won't add them to the crafting box. This seems very handy however when I try and do this it puts each of the items I need on the table but they are just a grayed out picture of the item instead of the actual items even if I have them on me. Any tips or something I may have overlooked?
Try shift-clicking the question mark box.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Like SO37 said, you need to shift-click it. Just be aware its not 100% reliable, particularly when non-stackable items are involved.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Shift clicking typically doesn't work with things like tools or things with durability, or special meta data

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Infinity 1.10.1 (yes older version, but it's what the server is running)

Okay, so I made a CV node (wasn't that big, ended up averaging 7-10 CV on the aspects). Hooked up some Relays, a Focal Manipulator, and the thing for the crafting table.
Made a Silverwood Scepter for the table, and put it in the table. Watching it fill up with Vis (at a very acceptable rate at that) everything went BOOM.

Flux Goo all over the place, and one CV node gone... How the hell did this happen?

This is my set up (post kaboom)

uxtog5B.png

Any ideas what I did wrong? Nothing else was draining CV, just the scepter charging.

I would like to know what happened and how to avoid it before I go insane and feed a hungry node I've got in the wings.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
*sigh* I thought for some strange reason if the stabilizer was up it would work like a normal node and wouldn't let anything be drained from it....

I feel like a dummy now LOL Thanks Henry!

Reactions: Dentvar