Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Actually maybe modtweaker wouldn't be very hard, I just rethought the system I would write and realized I was doing way overkill it'd only require 2 lines per ore (remove and add it back) so that's not very difficult lol. I guess I can make "Incompetence"

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Please does anyone know how I can get 8mB out of each ore in the TiCon smeltery? The config doesn't accept numbers lower than 1 ingot and Modtweaker would require over 7000 lines of code for just this mechanic.
Is this a one-time problem?

If you have mariculture, which im sure you dont, that mod has a ladle that can remove tiny bits of liquid from containers. (and store it in the ladle to move elsewhere)

If you have gregtech, that mod has a plunger that can "delete" leftover liquids in containers (but not move it elsewhere)

If its a one-time problem, you can just break and replace the container. In this case I imagine breaking the controller itself would do, or pipe the contains into a tank of some sort and break/replace that.

Reactions: jdog1408

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

If you have mariculture, which im sure you dont, that mod has a ladle that can remove tiny bits of liquid from containers. (and store it in the ladle to move elsewhere)

If you have gregtech, that mod has a plunger that can "delete" leftover liquids in containers (but not move it elsewhere)

If its a one-time problem, you can just break and replace the container. In this case I imagine breaking the controller itself would do, or pipe the contains into a tank of some sort and break/replace that.
there core thing was they wanted ore to melt down ore into 8mb of that material ,if u melted the ore in the smeltry

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019

Well it was for making a modpack but I figured it out :)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I hate it when people do that...

How'd you figure it out?
Well when I first tried to Modtweak I was writing 60+ lines of code per ore because I was trying to cheat the system but I realized all I need to do is remove all the ores (Maybe 25) and then add them all back at 8mB haha. So yeah, if anyone wants this code it will be with Thermal Foundation/TiCon ores and I'll share it with anyone that wants it. Just like all my other scripts.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Well when I first tried to Modtweak I was writing 60+ lines of code per ore because I was trying to cheat the system but I realized all I need to do is remove all the ores (Maybe 25) and then add them all back at 8mB haha. So yeah, if anyone wants this code it will be with Thermal Foundation/TiCon ores and I'll share it with anyone that wants it. Just like all my other scripts.
Put it on curse forge

O

Oculus Rex

In the end I went for Tesseracts. Made a bunch of 3x3x2 pools of water and put BC Pumps on them. All pumping to my ME. Got a tesseract pulling from my ME and a tesseract on each of the reactors. Got another tesseract bringing Uranium and taking power. (Got 500k Uranium courtesy of a dimlet world) And a trash can deleting the Cyanite since I have absolutely no need for it. Already have thousands of ingots and I have 50k Blutonium blocks from another dimlet world. Anyway, each turbine produces 28krf/t. Here's a screenshot of my setup.

Power.jpg

O

Oculus Rex

Incidentally, a Bedrockium Drum of, say, blutonium will make 65.5k Ingots or just over 50k blocks. If I was to make ingots and turn them into blocks I'd get 7k blocks. If I turned all my blocks into ingots I'd get 450k. Is my maths wrong there?

65.5k divided by 9 = ~7k.

50,000 x 9 = 450k

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Incidentally, a Bedrockium Drum of, say, blutonium will make 65.5k Ingots or just over 50k blocks. If I was to make ingots and turn them into blocks I'd get 7k blocks. If I turned all my blocks into ingots I'd get 450k. Is my maths wrong there?

65.5k divided by 9 = ~7k.

50,000 x 9 = 450k
~7,000*9=~63,000 not 450,000

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so this is going to be a mod compatibility bug, probably something like AOBD getting confused. The issue is that BR for simplicity reasons most likely makes each ingot equal 1000 fuel in a reactor, the catch here is it actually tracks that by making fluids for the ingots which are actually in secret tanks, this means that according to BR 1 ingot = 1000mB of BR's fluid ingots. Now the problem arises when a mod comes along to add compatibility with TiC, they add a recipe for 1000mB of liquid to 1 ingot of material just as BR says they line up, and then somehow the normal pattern of 1296mB of liquid to 1 block of material gets added automatically leading to the issue you're seeing.

65536000/1000 = 65.5k ingots
65536000/1296 = 50.5k blocks

So yeah, that'll be the issue.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In the end I went for Tesseracts. Made a bunch of 3x3x2 pools of water and put BC Pumps on them. All pumping to my ME. Got a tesseract pulling from my ME and a tesseract on each of the reactors. Got another tesseract bringing Uranium and taking power. (Got 500k Uranium courtesy of a dimlet world) And a trash can deleting the Cyanite since I have absolutely no need for it. Already have thousands of ingots and I have 50k Blutonium blocks from another dimlet world. Anyway, each turbine produces 28krf/t. Here's a screenshot of my setup.

View attachment 25492
fwiw you definitely could have made a closed loop with that setup. The big bonus is that once the loop is established you don't actually need to feed it water anymore (which may also have lag reduction bonuses)

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

View attachment 25492
First of all, that is super inefficient. Instead of building 4 super crappy reactors and making them that tall to compensate, you should just have build one decent one and made it supply all of the turbines. Even a medium size active cooled reactor can supply something like 6 full sized turbines.

With one reactor supplying multiple turbines it is MUCH the easiest to simply slap a couple of Tesseracts on the reactor(one for steam and one for water) and then use the same channels for all the turbines. If you place the turbines strategically they can even share Tesseracts.

And with a closed loop like that, a single Aqueous accumulator will be enough to fill/top off the system.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
First of all, that is super inefficient. Instead of building 4 super crappy reactors and making them that tall to compensate, you should just have build one decent one and made it supply all of the turbines. Even a medium size active cooled reactor can supply something like 6 full sized turbines.

With one reactor supplying multiple turbines it is MUCH the easiest to simply slap a couple of Tesseracts on the reactor(one for steam and one for water) and then use the same channels for all the turbines. If you place the turbines strategically they can even share Tesseracts.

And with a closed loop like that, a single Aqueous accumulator will be enough to fill/top off the system.
Regarding the fuel consumption, he was pretty clear that he doesn't care about efficiency and has more fuel than he'll ever need. In that respect it was just worth conceding that the presentation "looks cool" and let it go :)

Reactions: Oculus Rex

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can tell me how can i edit the % in which mobs spawn with armor and how often?
also i would like to disable the dropping of the armor from mobs but at the same time have them spawn with the armor

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Anyone can tell me how can i edit the % in which mobs spawn with armor and how often?
also i would like to disable the dropping of the armor from mobs but at the same time have them spawn with the armor
Mobs that spawn in the world or from a spawner?