1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by HeffronCM, Jan 29, 2013.

1. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter New Member

Nothing really calls out to me as being known for lag. How big is your "basic" AE setup? I ask because one, "basic" is kind of a variant term and, two, a single big network tends (at least, as far as I recall) to be less performant than daisy-chained subnets, since each network runs in its own thread. Of course, that might be old info, so take it with a grain of salt.

2. Boundary

Boundary New Member

Thanks for the feedback :) very basic still, a single controller, console & drive filled with 4k's, about 16 channels on combination of i/o buses, interfaces & storage buses & an ae2 stuff wireless setup:D

3. RavynousHunter

Shouldn't be a lag source, then...hm. I see you've got Opis, maybe run the /opis command and see if you can find where the tick lag is coming from. There might be a large amount of entities somewhere that's causing the slowdown, like mobs.

4. Boundary

Boundary New Member

Tick rate is fine, 13-15ms with 4 or more people on. Just the fps lag is doing me in. Is there a feature in OPIS that will hunt down fps issues as well? I will do some digging around, I only ever used it for tracking down server performance issues. Thanks again for your input :)

5. RavynousHunter

Not a problem! I think it also profiles client-side rendering, so you should be able to hunt those issues down, as well. Opis is an admin's best friend, I swear.

6. Boundary

Boundary New Member

That sounds promising, will take a look when I get on again later, thank you!

7. Dkittrell

Dkittrell New Member

something to look as is if you have stuff in a smeltery especially multiple different fluids. that is a FPS killer

8. erindalc

erindalc Popular Member

Speaking of opis, why was it removed from infinity evolved? I've looked for its supposed alternative and haven't found it

9. RavynousHunter

Any time!

I've no idea, honestly. I don't care for JourneyMap, so I replace it with Opis. I think it used to have a lag issue on servers, but I haven't had an issue with it, so far.

10. erindalc

erindalc Popular Member

I've been trying to find the source of lag in my base, but without opis I can't.

11. Viperion

Viperion Guest

In the Mage Quest HQM pack there are Elephants (from Menagerie). They appear to be unkillable (what seems to be going on is that they don't have a hitbox, although I haven't tried F3+B yet to confirm that) - anyone run into this before and now how to get rid of them?

12. prendolin

prendolin New Member

That's an extremely lossy recipe for a diamond block.

13. prendolin

prendolin New Member

1) How do I charge a project red electric screwdriver?
    2) The heck are agricraft clippers for? They're undocumented in the MCForum thread.
    3) I just fused with my smeltery, how do I get blood out of it? I'm too early in Expert mode to pipe it out.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  14. RavynousHunter

In order:

1) Project Red has a battery box, generators, and wire now similar to RedPower. I believe you charge the screwdriver either by putting it into a battery box, or crafting it with a charged battery...don't recall which.
    2) Clippers allow you to get plant clippings (max of 5 when your plant's mature) that you can use to spread crops more easily, without the need for cross-breeding sticks. Note that there's a chance of planting failure for anything with <10 strength.
    3) I think you can use a pan cast to get congealed blood, but don't quote me on that.

15. erindalc

erindalc Popular Member

Cast it into an empty block caster. Then break it.

16. epidemia78

epidemia78 New Member

You can pour it into a tank as well.

17. Someone Else 37

Someone Else 37 Forum Addict

You need a ranged weapon. The elephants' melee range is longer than yours, so they'll hit you and knock you back before you can get close enough to hit them with a sword.

If neither of those work, put the screwdriver and a charged battery next to each other in your hotbar and right-click the battery. That's how it worked in Redpower.

18. Everlasting2

Everlasting2 Well-Known Member

at one point they were killable its just they had sooo much normal armor(think 1.6 bound armor without upkeep) it was impossible to do so without special tools (extra ultilies had one of the special tools , tinkers another one ive heard anyways , there may have been more idk)

19. jaquadro

jaquadro New Member

20 drawers shouldn't be terrible, but the FPS hit from labels can add up. If they light up under Opis, you can use the concealment key to eliminate any FPS hit from them.

20. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

So how could I make it so that the TiCon smeltery gives 8mB per ore that is 1/18 of an ingot or 1/2 a nugget. The TiCon config doesn't except 0.055 it defaults it back to 2. So would I need to Minetweak everything? Is there an easier way than logging every ore and fluid in MT scripts?