Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I see. So if we're dealing with a 128-block-radius containment field, everything but the freeze gun could cover the entire volume if placed at the center. The arrow and air guns would need 2^59 ~= 10^18 Nm if my math is correct. I guess that's doable with a crapton of torque gears if they're OK running at speeds measured in nanoradians.

I sorta feel like the way to run this would be to use a fission reactor and use the waste products to make railgun rounds. Put that depleted uranium to good use.

Unless the power cost for the dimension itself is just too high for fission to keep up, in which case use fusion and something that doesn't require fuel. Laser gun sounds attractive, but since its range is double most everything else (and that of the field itself), you'd have four times as much area to cover if you want to collect any drops.

Getting that level of torque would likely be effectively impossible, even with multiple fusion reactors running in tandem, since the minimum amount of torque allowed is 1 Nm. A single, simple fission reactor could easily keep the dimension open, since it can fuel at least one high-pressure turbine which, itself, outputs the equivalent of around 16 million RF/t. The best bet would likely be the railgun, since I believe its damage can be scaled up with heavier rounds. However, the downside is that the railgun is incredibly destructive. In fact, most of the RoC turrets are. The laser is an 8 megawatt laser; for reference, a typical steel-cutting laser runs the order of 3 kilowatts at maximum output, meaning the RoC laser turret is over 1,000 times more powerful and, logically, 1,000 times more destructive. I've seen pictures Reika took of the devastation a railgun can cause, and it is immense. The containment field should prevent them from destroying the outlying terrain, but one should be careful to avoid the railgun accidentally destroying itself. In this case, the laser would probably be the best bet, assuming the dragon can't destroy it or its power source.

[ETA]

To further impress upon you the destructive power of the laser: if it were to hit you full-on and envelop your body, you wouldn't just be atomized. That kind of energy would likely rip you apart at the subatomic level and even your constituent atoms would cease to exist. Eight megawatts don't mess around.

Last edited:

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I haven't really played in awhile so I decided to make a infinity eveolved server cause I missed it.
anyways is there any way to make /back command work all the time instead of on death so it would stop giving me this: "you can only go back once!"
2016-01-23_17.37.02.png

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Need Pink slime... But animals take ages for breeding and I dont want to set-up a hole MFR farm just for that...
@Xavion told me there is a block in FTB Expert mode thats called "Pure Love" that helps... But cant find it in NEI.
Any other methods?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Need Pink slime... But animals take ages for breeding and I dont want to set-up a hole MFR farm just for that...
@Xavion told me there is a block in FTB Expert mode thats called "Pure Love" that helps... But cant find it in NEI.
Any other methods?
There is, however Expert renamed it to Pure Mana, just craft 9 primal mana dust together or something similar. It will totally deal with your issue though, pink slime is horrible and the pure love can get it done within minutes, even more if you could setup a system to automatically partition the mobs, we just moved them back and forth in our world.

Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
There is, however Expert renamed it to Pure Mana, just craft 9 primal mana dust together or something similar. It will totally deal with your issue though, pink slime is horrible and the pure love can get it done within minutes, even more if you could setup a system to automatically partition the mobs, we just moved them back and forth in our world.

Ah ok, I should have read your other post better :)
Also In the meantime I found out, it works also on hostile mobs. So you can setup a slauterhouse next to a cursed earth farm and works perfectly!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, I should have read your other post better :)
Also In the meantime I found out, it works also on hostile mobs. So you can setup a slauterhouse next to a cursed earth farm and works perfectly!
Wait, the slaughterhouse can produce pink slime from hostile mobs? Huh, never knew that.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, the slaughterhouse can produce pink slime from hostile mobs? Huh, never knew that.

Yep, me nether.... Thats what happens if you look how others do stuff and do not read the description :p
Just confirmed. Took me less then 3 minutes for 1 bucket of pink slime with a 3x3 cursed earth farm.

O

Oculus Rex

What's the best way to get water into a big reactor? Got an 11 cubed reactor being cooled by Cryotheum, however I'm going to be putting at least one Ludicrite turbine on there. Now I'll be abutting the fluid ports directly so getting the steam into the turbine won't be an issue. I'm just doubting that a couple of fluid ports and a reservoir will cut the mustard for getting water into the reactor.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What's the best way to get water into a big reactor? Got an 11 cubed reactor being cooled by Cryotheum, however I'm going to be putting at least one Ludicrite turbine on there. Now I'll be abutting the fluid ports directly so getting the steam into the turbine won't be an issue. I'm just doubting that a couple of fluid ports and a reservoir will cut the mustard for getting water into the reactor.
The best way? Make a closed loop between the reactor and the turbine.

When the turbine "consumes" steam, it transforms it back into water which you can output with a fluid port back into the reactor.

This works best (or most simply) when the reactor is placed directly against the turbine and the ports connect.

O

Oculus Rex

it will have to be Tesseracts. Turns out the reactor doesn't put out RF when doing that so I've put the ports on my old, smaller reactor which is bloody miles away. No point using the big reactor, it produces more RF/t than the turbine will. Only want the turbine for extra power.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Does the current Infinity Evolved, 2.3.5, (non-expert mode) have any way to convert between RF and EU?
Immersive Engineering connectors can convert eu <> rf. However as there is no extreme voltage wire you are limited to a maximum transfer. Not sure what that number is. Whatever 512 converts to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Immersive Engineering connectors can convert eu <> rf. However as there is no extreme voltage wire you are limited to a maximum transfer. Not sure what that number is. Whatever 512 converts to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
4096 RF (1024eu) is the maximum conversion per connection.

Reactions: Azzanine

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Please does anyone know how I can get 8mB out of each ore in the TiCon smeltery? The config doesn't accept numbers lower than 1 ingot and Modtweaker would require over 7000 lines of code for just this mechanic.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
1/2 a nugget. And even if I decided on a nugget it's 0.111... And the config for ingots per ore doesn't go lower than 1 and boni hasn't replied and I can't find anything in the mod code for it I'm trying to make a fork but I can't find the numeric values in the code.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
1/2 a nugget. And even if I decided on a nugget it's 0.111... And the config for ingots per ore doesn't go lower than 1 and boni hasn't replied and I can't find anything in the mod code for it I'm trying to make a fork but I can't find the numeric values in the code.
You can't put decimal values?