Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
C

CyborgTinkerer

Guys I have a question. I made a neat agricraft-magicalcrop setup and crafted myself some Iron seeds.Struggling to automate them I found agricraft farming station witch is pretty end game. Can anybody give me adivce on automating it. I'm thinking of thaumcraft golems or ancient warfare npc's. please help. My pack has horrible Iron ore spawn
Stupid golems. Keep right clicking only one block. I can't seem to find any other way. any body have any ideas or do I have to throw in all my ingots for the agricraft farmer

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Actaually in recent versions of botania dampening the explosion in water mean no mana. I'd not use a timer for a entropinyium myself, and i'd definately want to stop the tnt flow when the mana has nowhere to go. Personally I'd use a mana detector, then when you stop getting mana pulses, set off another tnt (again assuming it has somewhere to go)

Reactions: CyborgTinkerer

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid golems. Keep right clicking only one block. I can't seem to find any other way. any body have any ideas or do I have to throw in all my ingots for the agricraft farmer

Not sure if your still talking about harvesting crops but robots and hopperhocks is the best crop harvesting method

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Are the FTB team planning to rework the magic side of evolved expert mode to accommodate for Botania's overhaul?

Using the Curse launcher, how do you downgrade the versions of packs/mods?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Are the FTB team planning to rework the magic side of evolved expert mode to accommodate for Botania's overhaul?

Using the Curse launcher, how do you downgrade the versions of packs/mods?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger
Can't answer the first one, but the second one you have to either make a new profile or be able to update the original profile afaik. From there you can select the version.

Also, nice signature

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So I have a question about Chisel. I was trying to get variants of packed ice. However, it seems there are two sets of recipes for uses of packed ice in Chisel. Anyone know how I can delete the 1st one? So I can actually get to the 2nd one. This is on a custom modpack. I do have MT in the pack but I'm not sure how that works with Chisel.
For anyone interested I did find a solution to my packed ice problem with chisel. I had to remove all of the minecraft ice variants. See the spoiler for details.
Code:
//remove bad ice
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:1>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:2>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:3>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:4>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:5>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:6>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:7>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:8>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:9>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:10>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:11>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:12>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:13>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:14>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:ice:15>);
// remove bad packed ice
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:1>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:2>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:3>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:4>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:5>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:6>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:7>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:8>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:9>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:10>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:11>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:12>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:13>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:14>);
mods.chisel.Groups.removeVariation(<minecraft:packed_ice:15>);

ingeraskurai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing cloud 9 and i'm trying to figure out how to get autonomous activators to work on claimed territory. Anyone know how? The territory in question is mine.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't have matter overdrive in my pack :p
Conveyor belts (both MFR and ExtraUtils) and Openblocks fans come to mind and can definitely push players, but I'm not sure how well they'd apply to what you're trying to do.

I'm pretty sure that Thaumic Tinkerer's corporeal attractors only work on mobs, not players. So that's out.

You could use a hungry node. If you encase it in obsidian or any similarly hard material, it won't be able to destroy any blocks or entities, but it still can (and will) pull things toward it.

C

CyborgTinkerer

Conveyor belts (both MFR and ExtraUtils) and Openblocks fans come to mind and can definitely push players, but I'm not sure how well they'd apply to what you're trying to do.

I'm pretty sure that Thaumic Tinkerer's corporeal attractors only work on mobs, not players. So that's out.

You could use a hungry node. If you encase it in obsidian or any similarly hard material, it won't be able to destroy any blocks or entities, but it still can (and will) pull things toward it.
I have a question. Does feeding a hungry node actually make it stronger. I'm trying to make a really good node, but I want to make sure I don't die for nothing

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I have a question. Does feeding a hungry node actually make it stronger. I'm trying to make a really good node, but I want to make sure I don't die for nothing
Yes, it's kind of like a deconstruction table, except the given aspect has a chance of adding to the node's size.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019

FANS! I knew I was forgeting something :3 Thanks!

J

Jatta Pake

I am a newbie and I just installed FTB: Infinity Evolved for 1.7.10.

The mini-map overlay feels too "cheaty" and the death marker (beam of light to sky) is too distracting. How do I disable these features or rather which mods do I "disable" in Options? Am I correct in assuming that if I disable these mods I can "enable" them at a later time without screwing up my world? Do I lose anything else if I "disable" these mods?

Sorry if this question has been asked before but paging through 1279 pages of questions is intimidating. Further apologies if this is answered in an FAQ.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You want to disable JourneyMap. Also, aye, if you wish to re-enable it later, you'll be fine. You'll start with a fresh minimap (nothing explored), but your world will be fine. Also, if you find the beacons distracting (I know I do), you can get something lighter like MapWriter or Opis. Just simple ticks on the minimap that you can name and colour to mark points of interest, nothing outside being distracting.