Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I can go do that BEFORE killing the dragon? The two events are not related at all? So if there's a ritual to resurrect the Dragon, what about these Chaos Guardians? Do they respawn automatically? Are they one-time deals? Is there a ritual to re-spawn them too?

hey don't respawn, but at every multiple of 10,000 (ie: 10k, 20k, 50k, etc) in either the x or z axis, there's a place for one to spawn so, theoretically, there's an arbitrarily large number of them available. Just note that they are VERY hard to kill without either OP weapons, or ridiculously powerful armour. They're also far faster and much more agile than the normal end dragon, so watch your ass.
be warned after a certain version of de the chaos dragons got much stronger dps wise and much more resilent to op weopons
How much stronger ? the author showed the chaos guardian killing them with full draconic (no capacitor though that time )the armor actually got depleted of its charge from around full

it might be a good idea to test it out in a ssp testworld of sorts

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Mekanism one? The mekanism one requires 2 pieces of coal(20 units of carbon) and a piece of iron.
i dont exactly remeber the gregtech one but the mekinism method is much cheaper if the metalurigc infuser recipe has not been changed and afterards mekinism can make things more efficiently in the metallurgic infuser if the recipes for the enrichment chamber and for its "enrichment of coal "are not disabled/tweaked to much (there are other materials that can get this perk in the infuser redstone,diamound, and a special mekinism alloy "compressed obsidian" which is made from refined obsidian dust) the perk is the input ithem for the metallurgic infuser lasts for 10x the operations then the raw ithem does , so making steel becomes .2 coal each

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
be warned after a certain version of de the chaos dragons got much stronger dps wise and much more resilent to op weopons
How much stronger ? the author showed the chaos guardian killing them with full draconic (no capacitor though that time )the armor actually got depleted of its charge from around full

it might be a good idea to test it out in a ssp testworld of sorts

Oh I already decided that since the Chaos Guardian is a Draconic mob, I clearly need to make the full suit of top-tier Draconic Armor in order to attempt fighting it. Even tho I didn't check, I'm quite certain I will need some Awakened raw mats to make that... which brings me back full circle to using the Dragon-respawning ritual first, before I can possibly even begin to think about those Chaos Guardians. (shudder)

The good thing is, people are soooo slow on my server that it's gonna be a long time before we fight the dragon... and the reason that's good is that when we do reach that point, I won't even care much about dying to the Chaos Guardian and losing all my hard-earned stuff to it. It won't be devastating, it will just be "oh well, glad I at least got to finally try fighting it", and move on to the next great FTB modpack... :D

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I won't even care much about dying to the Chaos Guardian and losing all my hard-earned stuff to it. It won't be devastating, it will just be "oh well, glad I at least got to finally try fighting it", and move on to the next great FTB modpack...
indeed it really is up to you when an instance has run its course or a server map has given most of it has to offer you (technically u could try to speed up the others progress before u go for "point of little chance of return ") on the other hand u could try a different off the road means of handling the guardian u just need alot dmg mitigation that draconic armor usually provides that doesn't just cover normal dmg

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm having a weird sound issue... It's like MC doesn't know how to handle directional sound. If I am looking directly at a jukebox I can barely hear it, but if I look a little to the left or right of it, it's full sound (out of the one side) Any ideas how to fix this?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
server has a foresty trading post setup. I try to send mail to it to trade and get an error,

"Trade station cannot send the response letter. You need to have a mailbox to deliver to."

I have a mailbox and am confused...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a weird sound issue... It's like MC doesn't know how to handle directional sound. If I am looking directly at a jukebox I can barely hear it, but if I look a little to the left or right of it, it's full sound (out of the one side) Any ideas how to fix this?
I've had that with a lot of games, actually. I think it has to do with the sound library they use splitting the overall volume between the speakers (at appropriate ratios for, erm, things), so having something entirely on your left means you get 100% volume on the left, but something either in front or behind gives you 50% left, 50% right. Or, at least, that's how it appears, I dunno if that's actually true or not.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The crafted bread is indeed an option. You could also use a vanilla chicken cooker to get cooked chicken (or other animals if you kill them while they aflame.)
I totally forgot about that mechanic! Forget the cruelty free method of cooking. Go for for the free cruelty method.

Gives me an idea for a mod.
A lard block. Put it above a metal block with a heat source under it and in a few seconds it turns in to an in world liquid block that cooks mobs that get dropped in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I have something simple that keeps perplexing me. I'm playing in Infinity 2.2.2 and I'm trying to use a Carpenter's Lever. I'm able to paint the base of the lever with a block but not the handle. I've tried shift-clicking a block onto it, tried reorienting the lever, and doing everything I thought I could to paint it with a block. Is this just a bug or am I missing something really obvious?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an upper limit on the amount of drawers a single Storage Drawer controller can access at any given time?

I was told it is 25x25 that the Drawer Controller can access - meaning - 12 left, 12 right, 12 above and 12 below the Controller Block. So I guess that's 25^2-1=624 drawers.

Of course, with the Slave Controller block (which I've never used), I suppose you can just keep going forever, unless I misunderstood how that works.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I was told it is 25x25 that the Drawer Controller can access - meaning - 12 left, 12 right, 12 above and 12 below the Controller Block. So I guess that's 25^2-1=624 drawers.

Of course, with the Slave Controller block (which I've never used), I suppose you can just keep going forever, unless I misunderstood how that works.
A 25x25x25 cube, actually :) And slaves do not extend range, just add more IO points. I think I need to rename them.

There's some formal documentation on the controller now: https://github.com/jaquadro/StorageDrawers/wiki/Drawer-Controller

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Do storage drawers facilitate crafting? I find myself running around a lot between chests. Can I use a crafting grid with the contents of a storage drawers visible? And then shift-? the recipes?

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
What's the difference between Infinity Hard Mode and Infinity Evolved Expert Mode? It sounds more or less exactly the same from the information I've been able to find.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
What's the difference between Infinity Hard Mode and Infinity Evolved Expert Mode? It sounds more or less exactly the same from the information I've been able to find.
Officially it is infinity evolved expert mode. Hard mode was the unofficial title used by the devs and others during its development.

Yes, they are the same thing.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Do storage drawers facilitate crafting? I find myself running around a lot between chests. Can I use a crafting grid with the contents of a storage drawers visible? And then shift-? the recipes?
Three mods come to mind, and i'll get the one that i'm least familiar with out of the way first. I'm also only noting the important parts of the system in regards to the request.
1. Ender IO. It has an inventory Panel, hook that up via item conduits and use the appropiate upgrade and you can use the panel to access any inventory connected. It does require nutrient distillation to work.
2. Logisitics Pipes, the easiest way is the Request Table, paired with a chassis with item sink and provider modules on the controller. I'd suggest default routing it, or using a polymorphic and telling the provider to leave one of each item type.
3. AE. Storage bus the controller and the crafting terminal.

Reactions: asb3pe

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Three mods come to mind, and i'll get the one that i'm least familiar with out of the way first. I'm also only noting the important parts of the system in regards to the request.
1. Ender IO. It has an inventory Panel, hook that up via item conduits and use the appropiate upgrade and you can use the panel to access any inventory connected. It does require nutrient distillation to work.
2. Logisitics Pipes, the easiest way is the Request Table, paired with a chassis with item sink and provider modules on the controller. I'd suggest default routing it, or using a polymorphic and telling the provider to leave one of each item type.
3. AE. Storage bus the controller and the crafting terminal.
Yeah you basically sorted those in ascending order of familiarity for me too.

I'm just trying to justify switching my storage to Storage Drawers. Doesnt really sound like I'd benefit a whole ton though.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Officially it is infinity evolved expert mode. Hard mode was the unofficial title used by the devs and others during its development.

Yes, they are the same thing.
Sent from my app that needs a change of settings to prevent it from appending an ad onto every post I make.

Ah, so was it a name that was used before Expert was a thing, or is there actually going to be a separate pack release for it rather than having a command within Infinity Evolved?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Ah, so was it a name that was used before Expert was a thing, or is there actually going to be a separate pack release for it rather than having a command within Infinity Evolved?
No. Expert and hardmode are the exact same thing. No one had come with a name when the pack was being developed, so it was nicknamed hardmode.

Reactions: prendolin

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Is it normal to be unable to craft anointing paste (Witchery) in Expert Mode? I just spent 4 hours over the last few days doing agricraft breeding to get the seeds but there's no recipe for it. I tried /mt reload but nada.