Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The chunk loading is in FTB Utilities version 0.13, so I supposed you could go grab that off Curse and install it into Modpack v2.2.2 (which contains version 0.12 of FTB Utils by default). Worth a try, right?

I'll forewarn you tho - I tested the FTB Utils chunk loading feature overnight while I was logged off, and my MFR Auto-Spawner/Cursed Earth mob farm did not operate at all. However, my IC2 Recyclers and TE Cyclic Assembler made 2000 stacks of Scrap Boxes during the overnight... so chunk loading seems to work for some machines, but not for other ones. Basically, it's still buggy and needs work.

I was very excited for this feature, but became disappointed with it after trying it out. I've actually gone right back to the Railcraft World Anchor as my chunk loader, because I KNOW that the Auto-Spawner works with it thru the night while I'm offline.

If we cannot load chunks, there is ZERO reason to play on a server. That's the whole reason I play SMP and not SSP.... because all my machines work thru the night while I'm sleeping.
Worth a try, sure but since I´m not at home I wanted to do some research to not having 30 lost at home trying it out if I can already know it wont work.

And the other part of your post, I know :) YOu are the one who made me know about it in the other thread... I acctualy just answered there. You are to slow reader ;)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
We just switched providers for our Infinity Evolved Expert Mode server. Everything seems to be in order except for one thing - when we press "E" to access the FTB Utilities/Player Inventory and then click on the book icon that shows our server statistics, the game just crashes instantly.

Clearly this must be some sort of config error that occurred when we moved between server providers... would server stats transfer over (i.e. are they hard-coded into a file) or would they be lost when we switched? Any idea how we can fix this crashing issue? It's obv very minor (solution: do no view stats). But I love seeing my hours played stat.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you want awakened, start at where you spawn in the end, pick a direction N S E W, and head off in that direction 10,000 blocks. If you are suitably suited up, you can defeat the Chaos Guardian(good luck) and then you will get 2 dragon hearts.

I can go do that BEFORE killing the dragon? The two events are not related at all? So if there's a ritual to resurrect the Dragon, what about these Chaos Guardians? Do they respawn automatically? Are they one-time deals? Is there a ritual to re-spawn them too?

On a server, I need to be considerate of other players, I can't always just go off and do my own thing, such as killing the Dragon or the Chaos Guardian, unless I know for certain that it won't impact anyone else's game experience.

Normally I would not go to The End at all until we're all ready... but someone told me that you can go to The End and NOT kill the dragon and STILL get out. I was nervous about it, but they were correct. Both the "/spawn" command on our server and also my GraviSuite Relocator worked perfectly.

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a question. I have been trying to use mining turtles early on to help gather resources and I found a pastebin code for a circular mining program. In this program there is an option for a nofuel command for the turtle which is exactly what it sounds like. The turtle is supposed to operate with no fuel however when I use this command the turtle will not move at all. Everything else is fine but no matter what command I give it the turtle will not move forward and begin mining.

I have been messing with this program for two days now and I'll be honest programming is not a skill that I have so I was wondering if anyone knew a solution? If it helps at all the original error I encountered was api_turtleExt:208: Invalid side but I believe I got that one fixed after finding a solution someone else had posted. The link I obtained the code from:

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/6766-mlg-mining-circular-branch-mining/

Any help would be greatly appreciated and yes I know this is a lazy way to try and do things with the noFuel command but I like it.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
We just switched providers for our Infinity Evolved Expert Mode server. Everything seems to be in order except for one thing - when we press "E" to access the FTB Utilities/Player Inventory and then click on the book icon that shows our server statistics, the game just crashes instantly.

Clearly this must be some sort of config error that occurred when we moved between server providers... would server stats transfer over (i.e. are they hard-coded into a file) or would they be lost when we switched? Any idea how we can fix this crashing issue? It's obv very minor (solution: do no view stats). But I love seeing my hours played stat.

I´m at the way home, so I cant check this again, but I think in one of the last 3 patch notes of FTBUtility there was a fix for this. Go check it :) (in case you are not using the last one)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I can go do that BEFORE killing the dragon? The two events are not related at all? So if there's a ritual to resurrect the Dragon, what about these Chaos Guardians? Do they respawn automatically? Are they one-time deals? Is there a ritual to re-spawn them too?

On a server, I need to be considerate of other players, I can't always just go off and do my own thing, such as killing the Dragon or the Chaos Guardian, unless I know for certain that it won't impact anyone else's game experience.

Normally I would not go to The End at all until we're all ready... but someone told me that you can go to The End and NOT kill the dragon and STILL get out. I was nervous about it, but they were correct. Both the "/spawn" command on our server and also my GraviSuite Relocator worked perfectly.

They don't respawn, but at every multiple of 10,000 (ie: 10k, 20k, 50k, etc) in either the x or z axis, there's a place for one to spawn so, theoretically, there's an arbitrarily large number of them available. Just note that they are VERY hard to kill without either OP weapons, or ridiculously powerful armour. They're also far faster and much more agile than the normal end dragon, so watch your ass.

S

Sikkeplz

Hi all. I just started this modpack and I grinded out some water ways to start a little early bread farm with seeds/potatoes. The problem is that I cannot make a hoe. How can I bypass this?

Thanks for the effort

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Sorry. Feed the beast infinity evolved: expert
Make the shovelaxe from tinkers, its actual name escapes me. Right clicking on dirt will make farm land. I recommend you use agricraft and get into it asap.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

S

Sikkeplz

Oh oke. Guide tells me in order to use tinkers I need a bucket. To make a bucket I need creosote oil from a coke oven. In order to catch the oil, I need a bucket. Any help on that?

Nevermind, I can make bottles :) Thanks for the help!

PS: Seems like a pretty bad "change" because making some farmland is even possible with my bare hands. Yet I need to advance several stages into the game before I can make a simple hoe. Pretty stupid, guess I'll get some chickens for my hunger first.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Oh oke. Guide tells me in order to use tinkers I need a bucket. To make a bucket I need creosote oil from a coke oven. In order to catch the oil, I need a bucket. Any help on that?

PS: Seems like a pretty bad "change" because making some farmland is even possible with my bare hands. Yet I need to advance several stages into the game before I can make a simple hoe. Pretty stupid, guess I'll get some chickens for my hunger first.
You can make flint tools. And you can't cook food without a redstone furnace

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

You do not need farmland food for early surviving. I think thats the idea behind it.
Also Smeltery is like the first thing you gonna build if you want to play on expert mode anyway. Should not take to long.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

You won't be able to cook the chicken yet. I highly suggest Natura berries. Collect the bushes and start a row of them, they'll grow 3 tall so they'll triple. And yeah, even tho one berry is only 1/2 of a hunger "heart", if you just keep your eye out for them and collect them as you go, you'll soon have more than enough food and can move on to the important stuff - mining for ores, instead of spending time farming. You can also make bowls and make the Berry Medley if you don't mind using 2 inventory spaces for food instead of one (or just toss the annoying bowls away and make more).

If Immersive Engineering is in the modpack (oh, I guess you're playing Infinity Evolved Expert so it is in there), then I do suggest farming the Immersive seeds right away. The mod is a great early game power source IMO, but you can also make string from the hemp and make backpacks, making each of your mining trips longer and hence more efficient. And I also try to get a small Sugar Cane farm going too since paper is used in Tinkers, Thaumcraft, vanilla book enchants, etc. But in my opinion, even in the "expert" mode, farming for food is entirely a waste of time unless you have a strategy to power some Culinary Generators or something (Epic Bacon anyone? lol).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In this program there is an option for a nofuel command for the turtle which is exactly what it sounds like. The turtle is supposed to operate with no fuel however when I use this command the turtle will not move at all.
Pretty sure this nofuel command is what you think it is. ComputerCraft have a config option to disable fuel requirement for turtles. The command is most likely there to disable the fueling/refueling sections of the script if that config is used.

So the turtle will still require fuel to move, despite what you wring in the script it runs. You can change the config file to allow it to run without fuel, and in that case you can ignore all the fuel aspects.

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
That makes sense. Seeing as how programming is not my specialty I think I am just gonna have to set up some lava generation for fuel buckets. Off to find obsidian for the nether until then. Thank you rhn I appreciate it.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Which type of steel is cheaper, the Gregtech one or the Mekanism one? The mekanism one requires 2 pieces of coal(20 units of carbon) and a piece of iron.
P.S.: I would like if you would say exactly the material required to make it(except the materials required to make the Copper Blast Furnace, this and the fact that you can get it in dungeon chests are the only things I know about Gregtech Steel).

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. I just started this modpack and I grinded out some water ways to start a little early bread farm with seeds/potatoes. The problem is that I cannot make a hoe. How can I bypass this?

Thanks for the effort
Getting food is a little different in expert of not funneling you to use easier methods. You can't cook your food until you get some sort of cooking oil production from Pam's Harvestcraft or a TE furnace.
I believe the intended source of food early game is jerky from TiC drying racks. Also im not 100% sure if the usual bread recipe is available then again I seldom use bread for food.
Good thing about the drying rack is that it makes rotten flesh edible without the hunger debuff. Just make like a wall of 10 and load them up with sweet meats and you should be set. I didn't even bother with a TE furnace as the racks where sufficient. Also a mere 3 smooth stone for a juicer turns apples (that you will have tonnes of from cutting all that extra wood) and all natura berries other then malo in to super foods, even more so if you have snowballs nearby for smoothies.
You hardly even need a farm for food. I only have one in this play through so I can trade the hell out of the local villagers, wheat and carrots to breed cows and pigs fir raw meat trades. Actually I get a lot of steak and chops as byproducts of reseting villager trades.

All that being said though I too find expert modes food changes to be odd and inconsequential. It might even really remove the farming aspect of the game. Exept maybe a seed farm and sugar cane for biofuel.
Now if Spice of Life was added (maybe hunger overhaul if you want to be Satan) then there might be an effect. Although that mod annoys more then it pleases.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The crafted bread is indeed an option. You could also use a vanilla chicken cooker to get cooked chicken (or other animals if you kill them while they aflame.)

Reactions: Azzanine

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Which type of steel is cheaper, the Gregtech one or the Mekanism one? The mekanism one requires 2 pieces of coal(20 units of carbon) and a piece of iron.
P.S.: I would like if you would say exactly the material required to make it(except the materials required to make the Copper Blast Furnace, this and the fact that you can get it in dungeon chests are the only things I know about Gregtech Steel).
There's a few different ways to make GT Steel. I'll start by saying the Mek version is probably cheaper for your purposes.

In the early "Bronze" age of GT, you can use the Bronze Blast Furnace. I believe its 1 iron + 4 coal = 1 steel. It takes 5-6 minutes to process. (Strictly speaking there's no Copper Blast Furnace)

Later on you can make an Electric Blast Furnace. There's a wrought-iron ==> Steel recipe that takes 1 iron + Oxygen + 20,000 EU = 1 steel. It takes around 20 seconds to process.

The cost of the Oxygen will vary massively depending on how you get it. Generally speaking, if you're doing GT at all you'll be acquiring Oxygen as a byproduct of other electrolysis processes.