Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I have three Combustion Engines with Basic Gates on Wooden Kinesis Pipes, set to emit a redstone signal when power is requested. Attached are a couple of Rolling Machines and Fermenters. The engines are animating when the gates are off, but they do not seem to be using up any fuel. Is this just a rendering bug? Regrowth pack.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
For fastest AND best durability in default TiCo?
Cobalt head + plates (the plates + head are averaged to get speed, so all the mats need to be good) and a manyullyn handle. Once you've gotten to durabilities that high, there's pretty much no difference in terms of how often you need to repair. If you really, REALLY hate the concept of repairs you can put the RF or EU or Moss upgrade on it and then never have to worry about it actually breaking - since you get 3 modifiers by default, you'll have two left.
your thinking without extra tic that infinity has and they asked for the fastest for infinity not base tinkers

It's Infinity, I don't care what the materials are, and how many modifiers I have, as long as I can have at least 1 (without the additional ones)
enderium is a much better material (cobalt has speed 14 on a pick but enderium has speed 23)so this covers the plate and the hammer head now for the tough tool rods manuayn is not the best in infinity it gets defeated by pink slime on overall stats (more durability same handle) , theres also the chance that bedrockium is a better tool rod because of higher base durability and a positive effect on the handle modfier that would seem to be enough of base durability increase to overcome the lost .75 handle modifer

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Can anyone explain to me what a Pure Node is? Just found one without a Silverwood Tree and its aspects are in a good range.

Reactions: guiguilyon

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Can anyone explain to me what a Pure Node is? Just found one without a Silverwood Tree and its aspects are in a good range.
I'm assuming TC4 here, as the pure nodes in 3 and 5 are somewhat different.

A pure node merely combats taint around it. In a silverwood tree it'll also turn the biome to magical forest.

In TC3 it removes flux from itself, and in 5, it slowly removes the Vitum aspect from the aura, but will also slowly weaken itself, if you curious :p.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
In order to get the Node from the Silverwood Tree, do I need just the block it's in or the whole tree?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Was thinking of using AE2's Spatial Pylon System to move the entire tree.
Well, as a friend of mine sometimes says: "GO BIG, OR GO HOME!".

That got a chuckle out of me. Anyway, you can also use Blood Magic Teleposers (cheaper than the AE2 thingy, I think), but the only actual way of removing the node from the wood block is using the jar method.

Reactions: erindalc

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Can liquids be pumped into the Alchemical Furnace? I just want the aspects from the liquid and not its container too.

Maadkat

Jul 29, 2019
Just set up a new FTB Infinity Evolved server. I've created a starting zone in Spawn that requires players to open a chest (to read a rulebook) and press a button to exit. Well apparently only OPs can interact with these things which is a huge problem for my design. Does this "spawn protection" mod come with any settings? Is there any way around this? Thanks!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Just set up a new FTB Infinity Evolved server. I've created a starting zone in Spawn that requires players to open a chest (to read a rulebook) and press a button to exit. Well apparently only OPs can interact with these things which is a huge problem for my design. Does this "spawn protection" mod come with any settings? Is there any way around this? Thanks!

Actually that spawn protection is a vanilla mechanic. In your server there should be an option for the size of the protected area, set that to 0 and no chunks should be protected.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Can liquids be pumped into the Alchemical Furnace? I just want the aspects from the liquid and not its container too.
I think you can only use objects. But if I recall, there is an advanced version of the furnace. May accept liquids, don't know. However (and until you get to what I mentioned) you can just use a void jar to get rid of the essentia you don't want. Just make sure to lable it, or everything will go to it.

Maadkat

Jul 29, 2019
Actually that spawn protection is a vanilla mechanic. In your server there should be an option for the size of the protected area, set that to 0 and no chunks should be protected.
That did work, thanks!

Of course now new players can destroy my starting area which also sucks! Any possibility to have it both ways? That is give new players the ability to press buttons/open chests but not place/destroy blocks?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
That did work, thanks!

Of course now new players can destroy my starting area which also sucks! Any possibility to have it both ways? That is give new players the ability to press buttons/open chests but not place/destroy blocks?
Maybe use server plugins like Grief Protection?

Maadkat

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe use server plugins like Grief Protection?
Any idea which one would work well? People can already "claim chunks" so I don't need anything super complicated. Just something with options on what can and cannot be done within that area.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea which one would work well? People can already "claim chunks" so I don't need anything super complicated. Just something with options on what can and cannot be done within that area.
I don't know, I've never run a server.

Maybe go ask around in the Server Admin Area?