Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is it possible to combine 2 or more aspects to get another? For example: combining Perditio and Praecantatio to get Vitium?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is it possible to combine 2 or more aspects to get another? For example: combining Perditio and Praecantatio to get Vitium?

assuming ur talking essentia not research pts ,nope and the only things that have vintium(taint essentia) is sludge buckets (without automagi's alchemical boiler the bucket will get melted in the essentia collection as well) and tained mob drops (ethereal blooms have that essentia as well but alot of the time its impractical to melt them down for essentia )

kantomaster

Jul 29, 2019
i've put together a small pack with botania garden of glass, and natura. in order to progress i'm going to need vanilla mushrooms and in order to get them in garden of glass you have to go to the nether to get them. so my question is does natura completely stop vanilla mushrooms from spawning in the nether, or am i just not looking hard enough?

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
Why dont you just use something that converts between oredicts to turn it into steel? Lexicon, or barrels, or drawers, and I think mfr has a block too.
no i don't want to use anything that converts i just want to remove it from the oredict , like a line from minetweaker or something.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
assuming ur talking essentia not research pts ,nope and the only things that have vintium(taint essentia) is sludge buckets (without automagi's alchemical boiler the bucket will get melted in the essentia collection as well) and tained mob drops (ethereal blooms have that essentia as well but alot of the time its impractical to melt them down for essentia )

Have no choice but to use the Alchemical Furnace as the Boiler doesn't give me the Taint Aspect I need. Only with the bucket do I get it.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On theI'ma gonna start playing Departed (pray for me). I'm setting up my configs on a creative world. I cannot get my Journeymap minimap to show my FPS. Is this intentional? Is there a workaround?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
On theI'ma gonna start playing Departed (pray for me). I'm setting up my configs on a creative world. I cannot get my Journeymap minimap to show my FPS. Is this intentional? Is there a workaround?

I don't know if departed has changed the config, but on all the mods I have with Journeymap (DW20, Infinity Evolved to name two) I go into Map Options, select the bar for the minimap I use, "Minimap 1", and check the box to show FPS.

Please note that if you leave the font size as "1" it's all very hard to see... I set both font sizes to 2 minimum so I can read them.

Conznes

Jul 29, 2019
Can you export a MCEdit world into a Mystcraft (v.0.12.x) age or vice-versa?

I believe you can just copy over the region files in the save folder. Never tried it though. I did once edit an RFTools dimension in MCEdit, there's somewhere in MCE where you can choose dimension.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if departed has changed the config, but on all the mods I have with Journeymap (DW20, Infinity Evolved to name two) I go into Map Options, select the bar for the minimap I use, "Minimap 1", and check the box to show FPS.

Please note that if you leave the font size as "1" it's all very hard to see... I set both font sizes to 2 minimum so I can read them.
Yeah, I did that. I even clicked on the preview box to see if it was some overlay, but no dice. Something I noticed though, is that, if you preview it on the default top right position, when I toggle the FPS option, the minimap goes slightly up or down, as if showing or hiding the FPS. But nothing shows.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Jadedpacks you can only repair your tools up to 30 times before they break. Does that mean the item will disappear from the inventory or that it can only be regened with moss?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
On Jadedpacks you can only repair your tools up to 30 times before they break. Does that mean the item will disappear from the inventory or that it can only be regened with moss?
i dont think tinkers tools ever "disappear" even with iguana tweaks giving them limited repair times if u run out of durabilty and repairs u will be left with a useless husk (i dont think swaping all the parts counts it as a new tool )
probably only regened by moss , remember moss does not work if the "tool" is 100% dmged ie "broken" (if it has 1 durability left moss will still work as long as its not 0 by tinkers definition of durability to be clear)

Reactions: Ashendale

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
no i don't want to use anything that converts i just want to remove it from the oredict , like a line from minetweaker or something.
I don't recall the name of refined steel, but you should be able to find it using /mt hand while holding it.
Code:
val steel = <ore:ingotSteel>;
val refinedIronIngot = 'refinedIronNameHere';
steel.remove(refinedIronIngot);
You'll likely also want to remove the block of refined iron from the block of steel oredict in a similar manner.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, I did that. I even clicked on the preview box to see if it was some overlay, but no dice. Something I noticed though, is that, if you preview it on the default top right position, when I toggle the FPS option, the minimap goes slightly up or down, as if showing or hiding the FPS. But nothing shows.

I'll have to check in that location... I always move my minimap to the lower-right corner and make it a square map instead of a round one.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a way to look at the amount of ram allocated to MC using the curse launcher? I get a FPS freeze in regular intervals, and I'm thinking it's garbage collection. I have no FPS issues with the FTB launcher as I set my ram to 4gig.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
That did work, thanks!

Of course now new players can destroy my starting area which also sucks! Any possibility to have it both ways? That is give new players the ability to press buttons/open chests but not place/destroy blocks?

In creative mode, you can give yourself a thaumcraft wand and ward all the blocks you don't want to be broken. Don't think you can ward a button though, so some nefarious fiend may find it funny to break the button....

As with all server admin issues, a vetting process should be taken. On my server, it's all people I personally know, or those friends of mine will vouch for their friends. Rules are laid out, and everyone follows them for fear of shame :) Works good for us!

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
I don't recall the name of refined steel, but you should be able to find it using /mt hand while holding it.
Code:
val steel = <ore:ingotSteel>;
val refinedIronIngot = 'refinedIronNameHere';
steel.remove(refinedIronIngot);
You'll likely also want to remove the block of refined iron from the block of steel oredict in a similar manner.
yes i know how to use Mt , the value is IC2:itemIngot:3 , and i tried that method it didn't work.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
In Forge Essentials, trying to set command signs to teleport players around on my server. I'd like any player clicking the sign to execute the tp command on it. But it doesn't work if I don't put a player's name on the sign, before the xyz coordinate
/mwtp <name> [player] [x y z]

How do I make it so that the comamnd works for any player, not just a specific one?

EDIT : I guess I have to use the /warp command to achieve that instead op /tp.

Last edited: