Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
How do we create goggles of revealing? It appears to have been recipe-removed.
If the goggles are truly removed. How are people expected to find nodes?
Is there a list of changes in expert mode?

Do remember that (in FTB Infinity Evolved) NEI only actually tells you ThaumCraft recipes if you have them unlocked. If you haven't unlocked the research for the Goggles of Revealing, NEI will not tell you how to make the item.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know of any modpacks with basically no super popular mods? Basically with nothing that's in the DW20 pack, like Thaumcraft, buildcraft, botainia, blood magic, thermal expansion, forestry, etc?

I went on hiatus from minecraft for like 4-5 months hoping that there'd be some new mods to play with, but every pack is roughly the same things over and over. Even all the hqm packs, with their different maps and storylines, all end up being based around the same mods. I'm sick of playing through mods i've already played a dozen or so times.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know of any modpacks with basically no super popular mods? Basically with nothing that's in the DW20 pack, like Thaumcraft, buildcraft, botainia, blood magic, thermal expansion, forestry, etc?

I went on hiatus from minecraft for like 4-5 months hoping that there'd be some new mods to play with, but every pack is roughly the same things over and over. Even all the hqm packs, with their different maps and storylines, all end up being based around the same mods. I'm sick of playing through mods i've already played a dozen or so times.
FTB Horizons Daybreaker. It's like a showcase modpack of new/not-popular mods. I think that's what you're looking for. Another 3 that come to mind are Obscurity (a HQM pack), Evolving Technology (quest pack, but not HQM) and FTB Departed.

The main difference from Daybreaker is that they have some popular mods in them, but have at least 1 that is not that known outside those packs. Obscurity and Evolving Technology have Compact Machines, Evovlving Tech has the Progression mod and Departed has Advent of Ascension. Look them up for more info.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Horizons Daybreaker. It's like a showcase modpack of new/not-popular mods. I think that's what you're looking for. Another 3 that come to mind are Obscurity (a HQM pack), Evolving Technology (quest pack, but not HQM) and FTB Departed.

The main difference from Daybreaker is that they have some popular mods in them, but have at least 1 that is not that known outside those packs. Obscurity and Evolving Technology have Compact Machines, Evovlving Tech has the Progression mod and Departed has Advent of Ascension. Look them up for more info.

Edit: grammar
I've played Obscurity and Departed, and though they were really fun, other than the "gimmick" mod that makes them unique, nearly everything else is fairly popular commonly used mods.

I also played Daybreaker when it first came out, but I didn't get very far in. I might have to disable a few things and do a good run through.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've played Obscurity and Departed, and though they were really fun, other than the "gimmick" mod that makes them unique, nearly everything else is fairly popular commonly used mods.

I also played Daybreaker when it first came out, but I didn't get very far in. I might have to disable a few things and do a good run through.
I don't know about other modpack platforms. Maybe the AT launcher or the Technic platform have something different from FTB?

Also, something very weird just happened to me. On Departed I logged in to my game and 2 of my TC tools were gone. Completely MIA. I can't find anything on the net like this. Anyone had a similar experience in any modpack? How to avoid? How can I restore data using MCedit, for example?

Edit: after running around in a frenzy looking for answers, I found that the /toolxp <amount> is very helpful if you have a backup.

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about other modpack platforms. Maybe the AT launcher or the Technic platform have something different from FTB?

Also, something very weird just happened to me. On Departed I logged in to my game and 2 of my TC tools were gone. Completely MIA. I can't find anything on the net like this. Anyone had a similar experience in any modpack? How to avoid? How can I restore data using MCedit, for example?
I've spent the last few hours looking at the stuff on Curse voice, AT, and ftb.

And of course Daybreaker crashes on startup, so it's out.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent the last few hours looking at the stuff on Curse voice, AT, and ftb.

And of course Daybreaker crashes on startup, so it's out.
Try a different release; might work. Or... Build your own modpack. Go wild!

Edit: Make something with GregTech, maybe.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking at the page for Anti-Material Energy. The descrition reads "Third in the Material Energy series.". ME^4 comes after, right? Do they have a story that connects them or, not realy?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is it possible to set up a Sugar Cane Farm using Thaumcraft Golem?
Pretty sure it is. You don't even need the Order upgrade, since the golem never needs to replant- it'll only harvest the top block of the sugarcane, and only when it's two blocks high or taller.

Do keep in mind that golems (made of some materials, if not all) are afraid of water. You probably don't want to have long rows of sugarcane separated by water- shorter rows or carefully-placed individual pools of water surrounded by sugarcane would be better.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What if I cover the water with carpet or a stone cover?
id be careful with that golems tend to not like non full blocks (example alchemy golems have been known to have issues with skulls that on the floor near the infusion altar there moving around essentia for )

a full block over the water might be a better thing to do if u cover the water

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I found out I could use MFR's Fertilized Soil and have no water at all. Bigger farm and the Golems won't stop.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone playing Pickle Pack: Magical 2? I'm a bit lost on how, early game, I can get my hands on string to get me a bow/crossbow.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Anyone playing Pickle Pack: Magical 2? I'm a bit lost on how, early game, I can get my hands on string to get me a bow/crossbow.
Kill lots of spiders. If you can lure one into a small room, it will drop string passively. I managed this a couple of times and got a small amount of string from it, but it kept de-spawning and I couldn't make a name tag yet.

Reactions: Ashendale

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a recommend source to learn logistic pipes? I know i can google or youtube and find a bunch of videos to learn from but thought i would ask here first if someone found one more useful than another.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Does anyone have a recommend source to learn logistic pipes? I know i can google or youtube and find a bunch of videos to learn from but thought i would ask here first if someone found one more useful than another.

I'm sure Direwolf20 has videos... I'm just not sure how recent they are. He has 3 video types: Let's Plays (single player, using the current DW20 and various HQM packs), Forgecraft (Multi-player with mostly mod devs alpha-testing their packs) and Mod Spotlight videos focusing on single newly released packs.

I find it easier to "Subscribe" to DW's YouTube channel because most of his videos are play-listed in order by "season", I.E. The Let's Plays and Forgecraft videos are all categorized by the version of Minecraft they're running on (1.7.10, 1.6.x, 1.5.x, etc.)

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Hambeu's advice is correct. I learned everything I needed from LP by watching direwolf20's mod spotlight. The more advanced stuff can be made by trial and error pretty quickly if you've got the basics down. Another good video is this

It is outdated on what comes to the AE-LP interface (AE2 and LP aren't compatible in that way due to a bug that hasn't been fixed since AE2 came out), but it is accurate on how to make an LP network work from the distance. I prefer this method over using just Tesseracts because, from my experience, Tesseracts with LP networks sometimes just stop functioning for no good reason (I dont touch any setting, I don't add or remove anything to the network; it just happens) and I have to restart the game for it to be fixed.

Reactions: erindalc

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure Direwolf20 has videos... I'm just not sure how recent they are. He has 3 video types: Let's Plays (single player, using the current DW20 and various HQM packs), Forgecraft (Multi-player with mostly mod devs alpha-testing their packs) and Mod Spotlight videos focusing on single newly released packs.

I find it easier to "Subscribe" to DW's YouTube channel because most of his videos are play-listed in order by "season", I.E. The Let's Plays and Forgecraft videos are all categorized by the version of Minecraft they're running on (1.7.10, 1.6.x, 1.5.x, etc.)
I know who Direwolf is. His video is 2 years old tho and im sure stuff has changed since then. Since my question for a recommend source, maybe i should of put for updated material OR do you know if his video is still valid if nothing has changed.