Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
All impossible objects are spherical (dang Tema) microblocks. Since Fluxed Electrum Blocks are labeled "Microblockable" (I'm sure there's a technical term for it but I don't care ), you can make Fluxed Electrum Block Impossible Objects. The Fluxed Electrum Block itself... Uh... IIRC, it damages players who stand on top of it and recharges their gear (or at the very least, I'm fairly certain that's configurable).
That answer your question? :)
I'm not sure microblocks have those effects, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Your server.cfg file you showed was roughly the same as the client.cfg. Mine looks like this which is why I assumed you were in the mod folder:
WOtxe5i.png

#List of players who can use these features.
#Eg. time=CodeChicken, Friend1
permissions
{
adventure=OP
creative=OP
creative+=OP
delete=OP
enchant=OP
heal=OP
item=OP
magnet=OP
notify-item=CONSOLE, OP
potion=OP
rain=OP
save-state=OP
time=OP
}

Oh yea, sorry. My server.cfg was like yours. I guess I copy-pasted the wrong file.

I totally reinstalled the modpack, created a new world on the server. No change. I updated the pack to the last (not recommanded) version, no change.
I tried on a Direwolf20_1.7 server, NEI works ! I guess there is a problem with the Infinity server. Do you play on Infinity ? I guess I should ask on the Infinity modpack forum. I'm out of idea now.

Thanks for your time!

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yea, sorry. My server.cfg was like yours. I guess I copy-pasted the wrong file.

I totally reinstalled the modpack, created a new world on the server. No change. I updated the pack to the last (not recommanded) version, no change.
I tried on a Direwolf20_1.7 server, NEI works ! I guess there is a problem with the Infinity server. Do you play on Infinity ? I guess I should ask on the Infinity modpack forum. I'm out of idea now.

Thanks for your time!
Yep, it's infinity. Fresh install on a fresh install of Win 7 with java 8.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity, I cannot take items from an Uncrafting Table. I put a Polymorphic Itemsync Module on the table, it shows the output items (faded) and the number 6 in green. Click as I might, I cannot get the items out of it.

I tried using a simpler item (a regular crafting talbe) to test and see if the issue was the item or something. I cannot take any items.

Any ideas on why?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I noticed the number. It said 6. I even tried doing with 6 levels for item to take, and it does not allow me to pick any item...

I tried on the Infinity pack. I have the same issue as you. I put myself under an Xp shower to be sure I have the required amount of XP to uncraft. It doesn't work. We should be able to uncraft for free in creative mode anyway. I made it on the Direwolf modpack. The uncrafting table works there. Another bug of the Infinity pack.
While it works on Direwolf pack, I can't properly use NEI on my Infinity server (fresh install, OPed, tried everything...). This pak seems really buggy. I think I'm gonna go back on Direwolf.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I tried myself on the Infinity pack. I have the same issue as you. I put myself under an Xp shower to be sure I have the required amount of XP to uncraft. It doesn't work. We should be able to uncraft for free in creative mode anyway. I made it on the Direwolf modpack. The uncrafting table works there. Another bug of the Infinity pack.
While it works on Direwolf pack, I can't properly use NEI on my Infinity server (fresh install, OPed, tried everything...). This pak seems really buggy. I think I'm gonna go back on Direwolf.
Thanks for helping. Good thing I just found the table out of luck, rather than going on a crusade for the map focus...

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, it's infinity. Fresh install on a fresh install of Win 7 with java 8.

Thanks. I deleted the complete FTB folder. Reinstalled Infinity from scratch, created a new world on the server. The bug was still there.

So I disabled every mod but NEI (and code chickencore) from both the client and the server (using a bulk rename software), created a new world, and NEI works! So it's a mod conflict. Now I will re-enable mods little by little to find the culprit. :)

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I deleted the complete FTB folder. Reinstalled Infinity from scratch, created a new world on the server. The bug was still there.

So I disabled every mod but NEI (and code chickencore) from both the client and the server (using a bulk rename software), created a new world, and NEI works! So it's a mod conflict. Now I will re-enable mods little by little to find the culprit. :)

I have Mobius/Opis installed, but disabled while I play. Could it be that one?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I have Mobius/Opis installed, but disabled while I play. Could it be that one?

Is it intalled both on your client and server?

I don't really know if it was that. But now it works. I don't know how.

I started disabling every mod one by one (both on server and client, recreating a new server world each time). After I disabled Aroma Core and Aroma Backup, NEI was finally working . So I tried re-enabling just Aroma Core, NEI was still working. So I re-enabled Aroma Backup, and NEI was still working. Was Mobius/Opis activated or not before that? I can't rememeber.
I have it enabled on the server now, but disabled on the client, and NEI works properly. I let it disabled on the client because if it's enabled, the client crashes right after the loading of a world (single player or on the server).

I'm kinda frustrated that I can't be sure what was causing this bug. :D But I'm tired of trying to figure it out since I'm on it for like 4 days now. Anyway it is working now, so I'm finaly gonna be able to play. NIce!

Thanks you very much for helping me!

There is another bug another guy was complaining about with Infinity, higher in the thread. The uncrafting table not working. You can not take out uncrafted stuff from it. I tried myself, I have the same bug.

But it works on Direwolf20 pack for instance. Can you use the uncrafting table yourself?

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intalled both on your client and server?

I don't really know if it was that. But now it works. I don't know how.

I started disabling every mod one by one (both on server and client, recreating a new server world each time). After I disabled Aroma Core and Aroma Backup, NEI was finally working . So I tried re-enabling just Aroma Core, NEI was still working. So I re-enabled Aroma Backup, and NEI was still working. Was Mobius/Opis activated or not before that? I can't rememeber.
I have it enabled on the server now, but disabled on the client, and NEI works properly. I let it disabled on the client because if it's enabled, the client crashes right after the loading of a world (single player or on the server).

I'm kinda frustrated that I can't be sure what was causing this bug. :D But I'm tired of trying to figure it out since I'm on it for like 4 days now. Anyway it is working now, so I'm finaly gonna be able to play. NIce!

Thanks you very much for helping me!

There is another bug another guy was complaining about with Infinity, higher in the thread. The uncrafting table not working. You can not take out uncrafted stuff from it. I tried myself, I have the same bug.

But it works on Direwolf20 pack for instance. Can you use the uncrafting table yourself?
Thanks for helping. Good thing I just found the table out of luck, rather than going on a crusade for the map focus...

No prob, Had it disabled from the start of the server.

As far as the uncrafting table, they disabled it not too long ago. Can reenable it by making it false in the configs.

yymmwH8.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Q: Are Thaumcraft Hungry Nodes the worst mechanic in all of modded Minecraft?

I just boated directly into one, and it's the second time I did it in this modpack (Forgecraft). The first time was on Day 1 and I didn't lose too much. This time, I've lost much more - everything, in fact. All my tools, armor, equipment in my backpack, etc. It's beyond discouraging and that's why I ask my question. Is there some satisfaction when such a game mechanic is added? A rubbing together of the hands and an evil grin?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Q: Are Thaumcraft Hungry Nodes the worst mechanic in all of modded Minecraft?

I just boated directly into one, and it's the second time I did it in this modpack (Forgecraft). The first time was on Day 1 and I didn't lose too much. This time, I've lost much more - everything, in fact. All my tools, armor, equipment in my backpack, etc. It's beyond discouraging and that's why I ask my question. Is there some satisfaction when such a game mechanic is added? A rubbing together of the hands and an evil grin?
A: No

It's incredibly useful if you know how to handle it and incredibly dangerous if you don't know how to handle it. Risk & reward yo

Reactions: PierceSG

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
A: No

It's incredibly useful if you know how to handle it and incredibly dangerous if you don't know how to handle it. Risk & reward yo

It's really too bad because I was just about to make a big base using Immersive Engineering, but some other mod decided it was gonna ruin all the fun instead. Thanks TC.

Hungry Nodes over the ocean are completely invisible by the way. Over land it would be beyond obvious, but over water they're a hidden death trap and it's absurd that it can ruin someone's entire fun.

How unlucky do I have to be to boat directly into TWO hungry nodes in the space of a few weeks? And the only time I use the boat is to travel to a far desert to collect sand...

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
It's really too bad because I was just about to make a big base using Immersive Engineering, but some other mod decided it was gonna ruin all the fun instead. Thanks TC.
Hungry Nodes over the ocean are completely invisible by the way. Over land it would be beyond obvious, but over water they're a hidden death trap and it's absurd that it can ruin someone's entire fun.
How unlucky do I have to be to boat directly into TWO hungry nodes in the space of a few weeks? And the only time I use the boat is to travel to a far desert to collect sand...
Like, I know that 99% of the people don't even know the configs exist, but you can reduce the effect of negative nodes. You're not even forced to use TC at all, you can just remove it.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
They are not invisible, just alot harder to spot, especially without goggles. Even with goggles they can be mistaken for pure nodes depending on version. I admit the majority of hungry nodes i've encountered have been at sea. I've been avoiding traveling by boat aside from at night ever since, and then avoiding the strange lights that are nodes. At least until i've got a reliable way to see they aren't hungry.

Here are some surefire (aside from the first I mention) ways of telling that there's a hungry node ahead. I'll start with the what i feel is the most obvious, and i'm assuming NO goggles. Another note that nodes give off light, and thus are much easier to spot at night if you don't have goggles or equivelant.

1. A huge crater, generally a bit bigger than a creeper's. This is the only non-surefire way to tell on this list, and it is also the most obvious. It's also unreliable in the case of water being under the node. It's also only the node's spent enough time munching the vicinity that this sign forms too.
  2. Mobs suspended in mid-air taking damage. Yep that's a hungry node trying to eat the mob. Above land this will usually also have a crater, but it's also the most obvious way to find them in the ocean.
  3. Loose Items being sucked to a point. This isn't fully reliable considering the existance of things like the vaccum hopper. But it can be useful to toss a less valuable item near to a suspected hungry node.
  4. Small Black particle effects from a nearby block to the node, which then gets broken and sucked into the node. This is the most surefire way, but takes a keen eye to spot it. This is the biggest surefire way to spot them, but the particles do take a keen eye to spot. I'd daresay once you've seen this giveaway, you should b able to rember what to look for. I should note that obsidian and simarly tough (or tougher) materials can't be broken by the node, but it can still suck you and items (and mobs) towards it through the obsidian.

As for ways of escaping from a Hungry Node, in no particular order:
  • Ender Pearls. Yep, Ender Pearls are great for escaping this kind of node, the same can be said for any other similar acting thing, such as wand focus: blink or the rod of transportation from ender IO.
  • Instant Teleportation devices. Such as the Eye of the Fugual from Botania. Server commands could also work if you have access to them.
  • Simply outrun the pull. This is possible, but only with either flight or something like the Sojourners Sash.