Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Are you talking about the GUI that opens up when you open your inventory and click the little chest icon on the right?

Not really.
I'm talking about some Not Enough Items (NEI) mod features not working in multi player vs single player.
Did you check the screen captures?

Last edited:

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Not really.
I'm talking about some Not Enough Items (NEI) mod features not working in multi player vs single player.
Did you check the screen captures?

Yes, the extra stuff comes up if you go into your inventory, go to options and turn on NEI cheat mode and go to the little chest tab in your inventory. All the stuff shows up.

This is on a SMP server with creative mode turned on and cheat mode enabled in NEI:
BL7GG4j.png

EDIT: Derp, I didn't see the entire list of pictures. Now I see.. I turned them on in utility mode as well, maybe that's what did it. Hrm.. Was able to turn on C+ and C mode as well. Go to that Global menu, turn them off and back on again, etc, then go back to global. I remember having some issues in the past, but something I did along the way fixed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: guiguilyon

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the extra stuff comes up if you go into your inventory, go to options and turn on NEI cheat mode and go to the little chest tab in your inventory. All the stuff shows up.

This is on a SMP server with creative mode turned on and cheat mode enabled in NEI:
BL7GG4j.png

EDIT: Derp, I didn't see the entire list of pictures. Now I see.. I turned them on in utility mode as well, maybe that's what did it.

But are you playing on a server? The problem happens on my on my local server, not in single player. I turned on all the buttons in the settings. But they don't show up, either in utility or cheat mode. And Creative+ mode is missing. Do you have it?

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
But are you playing on a server? The problem happens on my on my local server, not in single player. I turned on all the buttons in the settings. But they don't show up, either in utility or cheat mode. And Creative+ mode is missing. Do you have it?

Yes, local SMP server. My HTPC is running it. :p
chVONda.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Does the server have NEI installed? If it doesn't, I bet that's your problem- NEI clients can interface with Vanilla servers by way of /give, /heal, /time, etc, but in order to get the full functionality, you really need NEI to be installed on the client and the server.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Does the server have NEI installed? If it doesn't, I bet that's your problem- NEI clients can interface with Vanilla servers by way of /give, /heal, /time, etc, but in order to get the full functionality, you really need NEI to be installed on the client and the server.
Was about to ask this question next. Seems like it might be the issue. Had to turn off the .disabled on a few mods on the server when I installed it.

Edit: Eh.. found my server files and the version I downloaded of the server had it enabled by default. I had to enable aromabackup and mobius.

Last edited:

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for answering!

Yes my server do have NEI. It's an FTB - Infinity server. I checked in the server /mods folder and the NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar file is there.

Maybe the issue comes from one of the config files. Even I didn't touch anything before the issue appear.

There is a first NEI config file (client.cfg) in the server /config/NEI folder.

#Main configuration of NEI.
#Most of these options can be changed ingame.
#Deleting any element will restore it to it's default value

checkUpdates=true

#Change these options if you have a different mod installed on the server that handles the commands differently, Eg. Bukkit Essentials
command
{
creative=/gamemode {0} {1}
heal=
item=/give {0} {1} {2} {3} {4}
rain=/toggledownfall
time=/time set 0 1000 6000 12000
}

inventory
{
cheatmode=0
gamemodes=creative, creative+, adventure
hidden=false
itemIDs=1
itemsort=nei.itemsort.minecraft,nei.itemsort.mod,nei.itemsort.id,nei.itemsort.default,nei.itemsort.damage,nei.itemsort.name
layoutstyle=0
#For those who can't help themselves.
#Set this to a mode and you will be unable to change it ingame
lockmode=-1
profileRecipes=false
searchmode=1
utilities=delete, magnet, time, rain, heal, creative, creative+, adventure, enchant, potion, item
widgetsenabled=true
}

keys
{
showenchant=23

gui
{
back=14
enchant=45
hide=24
next=209
potion=25
prev=201
recipe=19
search=33
usage=22
}

world
{
chunkoverlay=67
creative=0
dawn=0
dusk=0
heal=0
highlight_tips=0
midnight=0
moboverlay=65
noon=0
rain=0
}
}

world
{
highlight_tips=false
highlight_tips.x=5000
highlight_tips.y=100
}

There is a second NEI config file inside the world (that runs on the server) /NEI folder :

checkUpdates=true

#Change these options if you have a different mod installed on the server that handles the commands differently, Eg. Bukkit Essentials
command
{
heal=
rain=/toggledownfall
}

inventory
{
cheatmode=0
hidden=false
itemIDs=1
itemsort=nei.itemsort.minecraft,nei.itemsort.mod,nei.itemsort.id,nei.itemsort.default,nei.itemsort.damage,nei.itemsort.name
layoutstyle=0
lockmode=-1
profileRecipes=false
searchmode=1
utilities=delete, magnet, time, rain, heal, creative, creative+, adventure, enchant, potion, item
widgetsenabled=true
}

keys
{
showenchant=23

gui
{
back=14
enchant=45
hide=24
next=209
potion=25
prev=201
recipe=19
search=33
usage=22
}

world
{
chunkoverlay=67
creative=0
dawn=0
dusk=0
heal=0
highlight_tips=0
midnight=0
moboverlay=65
noon=0
rain=0
}
}

world
{
highlight_tips=false
highlight_tips.x=5000
highlight_tips.y=100
}

Any other idea?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to get my LP network working with Tesseracts. Reloading the game made it work.

Question: LP networks with Tesseracts work only with 2 Tesseracts on the same frequency. So, in theory, I could run with more of them as long as in pairs, right?

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for answering!

Yes my server do have NEI. It's an FTB - Infinity server. I checked in the server /mods folder and the NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar file is there.

Maybe the issue comes from one of the config files. Even I didn't touch anything before the issue appear.

There is a first NEI config file (client.cfg) in the server /config/NEI folder.

checkUpdates=true

command
{
heal=
rain=/toggledownfall
}

inventory
{
cheatmode=0
hidden=false
itemIDs=1
layoutstyle=0
lockmode=-1
profileRecipes=false
searchmode=1
widgetsenabled=true
}

keys
{
showenchant=23

gui
{
back=14
enchant=45
hide=24
next=209
potion=25
prev=201
recipe=19
search=33
usage=22
}

world
{
chunkoverlay=67
creative=0
dawn=0
dusk=0
heal=0
highlight_tips=0
midnight=0
moboverlay=65
noon=0
rain=0
}
}

world
{
highlight_tips=false
highlight_tips.x=5000
highlight_tips.y=100
}

There is a second NEI config file inside the world (that runs on the server) /NEI folder :

checkUpdates=true

command
{
heal=
rain=/toggledownfall
}

inventory
{
cheatmode=0
hidden=false
itemIDs=1
layoutstyle=0
lockmode=-1
profileRecipes=false
searchmode=1
widgetsenabled=true
}

keys
{
showenchant=23

gui
{
back=14
enchant=45
hide=24
next=209
potion=25
prev=201
recipe=19
search=33
usage=22
}

world
{
chunkoverlay=67
creative=0
dawn=0
dusk=0
heal=0
highlight_tips=0
midnight=0
moboverlay=65
noon=0
rain=0
}
}

world
{
highlight_tips=false
highlight_tips.x=5000
highlight_tips.y=100
}

Any other idea?

Is the cfg file on your server named "client.cfg" as well? Just making sure you renamed that yourself.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I managed to get my LP network working with Tesseracts. Reloading the game made it work.

Question: LP networks with Tesseracts work only with 2 Tesseracts on the same frequency. So, in theory, I could run with more of them as long as in pairs, right?
I don't see why not.

You probably could, technically, even have three or more tesseracts on the same frequency. However, which tesseract any given item comes out of would be non-deterministic, so you're probably better off with pairs.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Is the cfg file on your server named "client.cfg" as well? Just making sure you renamed that yourself.

The config file located in the FTB Infinity server/config/NEI folder is called "client.cfg".
Inside the FTB Infinity Server/World/NEI folder, the config file is called "server.cfg".

I didn't change any of those names.

Reactions: Alcheya

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
The config file located in the FTB Infinity server/config/NEI folder is called "client.cfg".
Inside the FTB Infinity Server/World/NEI folder, the config file is called "server.cfg".

I didn't change any of those names.

both of mine are named "client.cfg," try changing the server one to client.cfg

server:

jrmTATg.png

Reactions: Type1Ninja

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
1c7v1Gz.png
[/IMG]
both of mine are named "client.cfg," try changing the server one to client.cfg

server:

jrmTATg.png

I think you talk about the two client.cfg files located in the "config/NEI" folder both for the client and the server of Minecraft. I have the same ones of course.
But there is also a third config file, called "server.cfg" located in the WORLD folder of the server, in the NEI subfolder.
Check the image.

1c7v1Gz.png

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
1c7v1Gz.png
[/IMG]

I think you talk about the two client.cfg files located in the "config/NEI" folder both for the client and the server of Minecraft. I have the same ones of course.
But there is also a third config file, called "server.cfg" located in the WORLD folder of the server, in the NEI subfolder.
Check the image.

1c7v1Gz.png

Your server.cfg file you showed was roughly the same as the client.cfg. Mine looks like this which is why I assumed you were in the mod folder:
WOtxe5i.png

#List of players who can use these features.
#Eg. time=CodeChicken, Friend1
permissions
{
adventure=OP
creative=OP
creative+=OP
delete=OP
enchant=OP
heal=OP
item=OP
magnet=OP
notify-item=CONSOLE, OP
potion=OP
rain=OP
save-state=OP
time=OP
}

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
What does the Fluxed Electrum Block Impossible Object do?
All impossible objects are spherical (dang Tema) microblocks. Since Fluxed Electrum Blocks are labeled "Microblockable" (I'm sure there's a technical term for it but I don't care :p), you can make Fluxed Electrum Block Impossible Objects. The Fluxed Electrum Block itself... Uh... IIRC, it damages players who stand on top of it and recharges their gear (or at the very least, I'm fairly certain that's configurable).
That answer your question? :)