Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
It also depends on distance that spreader is firing. If you going to a pool right next to the spreader, you can get away with more endoflames per spreader, conversly, going to a pool about 10 blocks away means you can't have as many endoflames for each spreader.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Another AS2 question (or 2) - I can't seem to get a wisp in a safari net - has this been disabled? How can I get auram easily if it has been?

I see you're doing the final quest....

No, you cannot put a wisp in a net.

Dire used a wrath cage from Forbidden Magic to spawn wisps.

You can also make a mana bean farm, because I think they help.

He also blatantly ignored the Euclidaisy he JUST finished crafting. >.>

Euclidaisy produces ethereal essences for Botania mana. Easier to automate than the wrath cage, but possibly more expensive if you don't have a good Botania setup.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

Euclidaisy produces ethereal essences for Botania mana. Easier to automate than the wrath cage, but possibly more expensive if you don't have a good Botania setup.
Yeah, I don't play AS2. I only remembered what Dire did. :p

Ninj4Turtl3

Jul 29, 2019
To much regret there is nothing really like TPPI...

DW20 have practically no balance, so you cannot compare it to TPPI1/2 in any way.
Sad, I really can't stick to any mod pack these days, as tppi2 really set the bar high for my standards and it seems to be a dying mod pack. Not dying as in the creator add/fixing but dying in dedicated servers and public awareness of its existence. It seems most people rather get everything handed to them on a silver platter, rather than really work for it and most of the servers center around pvp, which i dread for the obvious reasons of grief.

Thanks for your input.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019

Some people have minds that can't process or perceive non eclidian geometry. It's like a perception filter for minds not attuned to it.

Forbidden magic is actually kinda broken with it's interactions with other magic mods. There was a time where I didn't bother with making the authodox Vis recharging methods. I just made a livingwood wand with manasteel caps and that was my vis source.
Chargeing to full blitzes through your mana reserves though, but thats nothing for a master Floramancer.
That being said the Blood wand has the potential to be broken too, but for me it's a case of once bitten twice shy as I was using a Blood stave in combat. As you well know if it recharges vis when you have no LP it just kills you. This was in a version where it didn't interact well with OpenBlocks graves, as in it didn't spawn one if you died that way, gear was just proffered to the blood god...

Now FM interacts with EE3... OP incarnate. Good thing I don't use EE.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Sad, I really can't stick to any mod pack these days, as tppi2 really set the bar high for my standards and it seems to be a dying mod pack. Not dying as in the creator add/fixing but dying in dedicated servers and public awareness of its existence. It seems most people rather get everything handed to them on a silver platter, rather than really work for it and most of the servers center around pvp, which i dread for the obvious reasons of grief.

Thanks for your input.
I think the biggest reason for TPPI2 is not being played more and is more well known is the fact that it is not yet complete and still in beta. And the reason for this is that one of its core mods, GT6, is still very unfinished(in an open alpha atm I believe).

But you are absolutely right. Once you have tried TPPI other large modpacks seems simple and crude in comparison. I really hope that the modpack authors get the message soon that large modpacks doesn't have to be just a bundle of mods, but can also be a quality experience. Infinity Hard Mode MIGHT be a step in the right direction, though I have yet to see any details on what it will actually entail. Though with the modlist of Infinity it will probably not be a balanced experience... Probably more just a harder, aka more grinding, crafting experience.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

Just in case anyone is interested - I was looking around the nether searching for wisps and found a small altar type tower thing coming out of the lava, about 15 blocks high, in the top I found a wisp spawner - so I got a dolly and took it home, auram problem solved.

Also I was disappointed to find the towers in the main world empty so I toured around and found some builders without patterns where the keys where bound to which I have no idea if there is a purpose for.

And while out there I found a cow named "Daisy" can not be milked but can be killed - repeatedly - great for leveling up

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
What makes TPPI so special anyway? I took a look and there isnt even any minetweaker scripts. I guess most tweaks are in the tppitweaks.jar...?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
What makes TPPI so special anyway? I took a look and there isnt even any minetweaker scripts. I guess most tweaks are in the tppitweaks.jar...?
Yes, TPPITweaks includes tweaks for it.

It's special because it's big. Or at least the first very big pack. Great for indecisive people.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, TPPITweaks includes tweaks for it.

It's special because it's big. Or at least the first very big pack. Great for indecisive people.

I doubt thats what rhn means when he says its great. Its well balanced is what he says, so you cant rush through everything in a day. which I assume means tweaked recipes. I downloaded the pack just to have a look at the minetweaker scripts but there arent any even though the mod is included in the pack.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt thats what rhn means when he says its great. Its well balanced is what he says, so you cant rush through everything in a day. which I assume means tweaked recipes. I downloaded the pack just to have a look at the minetweaker scripts but there arent any even though the mod is included in the pack.
There's just so many tweaks it's easier to put them in a mod inside of many files

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Once you start up the pack(at least TPPI1) you receive a book that lists some of the big changes(TPPI welcome packet). You can also NEI search "tweak" to see changes made. I am honestly not sure what method is involved in all of the tweaks. I believe the TPPItweaks mod is mainly there to facilitate things as well as add in items to add to the crafting complexity/expense of other mods(like SFM items requiring AE Processors, Ender Quarry requires Unstable ingot tools, etc.). But it might do the recipe changes as well, dunno.

But obviously there is a lot more to it than what shows ingame. What I love about it is that it is a large pack with lots of options, yet it puts a lot of effort into balancing the mods against each other. For example one mod might be set to Hard mode recipes while another is set to Normal and another Easy mode in order to bring them to the same level. Like GT is in the pack but is configured and tweaked to play in a way that it feels just as advantageous/rewarding as Mekanism or any other mod.

It also make sure that cross mod combos does not negatively impact the gameplay experience. For example this:
eJBLxtN.png

No longer can you within a few minutes teleport lava from the nether to power your base. Teleporting stuff now requires a sizeable infrastructure and encourages you to seek out other power sources in the early game.

It also just generally prolongs everything. Quarries are very expensive. A normal BC quarry is modified by GT to require Stainless steel and Titanium, and all other Quarry methods are rebalanced to match that(more or less). So the "early game" is not just 30 mins, it might be a week or more of setting up stuff to achieve the goal of getting a quarry.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Now thats the kind of answer I was looking for. I suppose the same logic applies to enderchests as well. In case you are wondering, I am asking these questions because I am interested in making a set of balance tweaks myself, but not ones that rely on GT. Mekanism's suite of machines are woefully underutilized not to mention the machines from newer mods such as Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft which are almost all multiblock structures that arent just cubes.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Now thats the kind of answer I was looking for. I suppose the same logic applies to enderchests as well. In case you are wondering, I am asking these questions because I am interested in making a set of balance tweaks myself, but not ones that rely on GT. Mekanism's suite of machines are woefully underutilized not to mention the machines from newer mods such as Immersive Engineering and Magneticraft which are almost all multiblock structures that arent just cubes.
Yes, actually just posted this in your tweak thread :p But the Ender Chest requires the Tesseract Frame to craft. It was a harsh realisation at first, but made a LOT of sense when it sunk in tbh. And it forced me to use aspects of the mods that I had usually/recently just skipped because teleporting items/fluids was easier.

Reactions: epidemia78

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,
I have a question regarding GregTech machines.
Say, i input some liquids into machine, work is complete, but i still have some leftovers of said liquid in said machine. How do i extract it?
I tried Liquid Conduits from EnderIO (which i used to input in a first place), no luck. AutoExtract button does not work either.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What do you use to get RF into a IC2 compressor?

I tried Thermal Dynamics Leadstone Pipes, but they wouldn't connect/power it.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
What is the preferred method for creating unbreakable tools that work in the farming station these days? IIRC, it used to be making obsidian/paper mattocks with a bunch of obsidian plates, but I'm wondering if there are better ways now. I have ExtraTiC but have no idea how one makes unstable ingot tools using the smeltery. o_O

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a adventure mode pack!
Im tired of gather and craft for thousands of mods again and again!
Do you know any pack for a real adventure?