Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Another AS2 question (or 2) - I can't seem to get a wisp in a safari net - has this been disabled? How can I get auram easily if it has been?
I see you're doing the final quest....

No, you cannot put a wisp in a net.

Dire used a wrath cage from Forbidden Magic to spawn wisps.

You can also make a mana bean farm, because I think they help.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I see you're doing the final quest....

No, you cannot put a wisp in a net.

Dire used a wrath cage from Forbidden Magic to spawn wisps.

You can also make a mana bean farm, because I think they help.

Wrath cage, Thanks I'll try that tomorrow

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Eculcidaisy is an easier rout. Slurps a mega liters of mana but produces wisp essence for days. Also saves you the trouble of a killing mechanism as it spits out just the essence.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Eculcidaisy is an easier rout. Slurps a mega liters of mana but produces wisp essence for days. Also saves you the trouble of a killing mechanism as it spits out just the essence.

I didnt know that. My 16 full pools of mana has a use now lol

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I've had an issue with what I believe is a wand in my inventory that makes my game crash everytime I join my server. I've found a way to take my map and export it from my host to MCEdit. I've cleared my inventory but when I attempt to reupload the map to my server through MCEdit, it just crashes. So now I'm attempting to reupload it, but I'm not entirely sure how. I saved the world in MCEdit and now it's a folder. However my host doesn't have an option to upload the whole folder and neither does Filezilla. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing but I would like to at least upload my player data. How do I go about doing this?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Another AS2 question (or 2) - I can't seem to get a wisp in a safari net - has this been disabled? How can I get auram easily if it has been?

auram
well Ocker,i can say with Azzanine advice you wont have to worry about Auram. I made that flower and i have 62 auram in less than 30 min. Very nice flower :)

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
auram
well Ocker,i can say with Azzanine advice you wont have to worry about Auram. I made that flower and i have 62 auram in less than 30 min. Very nice flower :)
Erm, you need 10,000 auram for the final quest.

For anyone doing the math, that's 3 and a half days nonstop of running that thing.

Last edited:

Hollywood

Jul 29, 2019
Playing with the new Immersive Engineering mod, NEI said I had a 10% chance to get iridium ore if I put Osmium through the mod's crusher, but it didn't work. Anyone know if this was changed/removed or if I might be doing something wrong?

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but uh, BUMP. To clarify, this is the recipe I'm trying to get working:
5dd858cbec4f29dc9201131a5f2ce561

Also may be of note, this is the recipe when I look at the uses for osmium ore. It now says 4000RF instead of 6000, and there is no iridium.
d33c3015909a7191923d4d88948b2396

If this is not the proper place to post this, I can go elsewhere, that's fine... just don't really want to make a full UU-Matter set up.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, you need 10,000 auram for the final quest.

For anyone doing the math, that's 3 and a half days nonstop of running that thing.
And you'd need an optimal mana gen setup as you'd need to spam the ecucidasies and a nifty item sorting/storage for the essence for the random essences.
But It's better than any kind of spawner for auram IF you have beast mana gen. If not you will have to struggle with spawners.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Your player inventory is kept in your player's DAT file. Is this what you edited?

I went to the "Players" tab on the bottom of the MCEdit "Inventory Slot", highlighted my name and clicked on "Edit NBT". I then went into my inventory and deleted the entire thing and saved.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
And you'd need an optimal mana gen setup as you'd need to spam the ecucidasies and a nifty item sorting/storage for the essence for the random essences.
But It's better than any kind of spawner for auram IF you have beast mana gen. If not you will have to struggle with spawners.

64 Thermalillys working with the nether ritual from bloodmagic worked great. I didnt loose any Mana and it ran for a few hours. Im going to make a couple more of these so i can get tons of essence :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Jason McRay's InfiTech2 modpack, and he's got a video showing how to make a Railcraft tank cart go thru a nether portal so you can transport lava back to the overworld (we don't have the normal stuff like Tesseracts or Endertanks for transporting stuff). However, despite copying everything he's shown me, I cannot get the cart to work.

Does anyone have any experience with using Railcraft thru nether portals? Such as a tutorial video perhaps, or just a tip for me? I'm really stumped and I have to get this train up and running because I need the lava to power my base. How do you get a minecart to consistently and perfectly go thru a nether portal over and over again? Yes, I have both sides of the portal chunk loaded.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Jason McRay's InfiTech2 modpack, and he's got a video showing how to make a Railcraft tank cart go thru a nether portal so you can transport lava back to the overworld (we don't have the normal stuff like Tesseracts or Endertanks for transporting stuff). However, despite copying everything he's shown me, I cannot get the cart to work.

Does anyone have any experience with using Railcraft thru nether portals? Such as a tutorial video perhaps, or just a tip for me? I'm really stumped and I have to get this train up and running because I need the lava to power my base. How do you get a minecart to consistently and perfectly go thru a nether portal over and over again? Yes, I have both sides of the portal chunk loaded.

I've never done it with nether portals, only with mystcraft and the trick is to align the portals in the same direction ie N/S or E/W. Once aligned correctly open out the area around the portals and jump through a few times to see which side you pop out on in both directions.

Since a nether portal is 2 blocks wide tho I've no idea if you'll pop out at the same block everytime

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

Entities have a cooldown period before they are allowed to re-enter a portal again. I personally got around this by replacing the track before it got send to the nether and once it enters the nether.
The cart will try to find a place at the same height as the portal, thus the track you want the cart to spawn on needs to be touching the obsidian(if o=obsidian, p=portal and t=track and a=air then it will look something like this from the side and b=some other block)
ap
to
bb

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Here's Jason's video, go to the 4:50 mark to see his setup. As you will see, he leaves one block between the track and the portal, and they're on the same level as the portal, not one block below the portal like lenscas advocated above.

As for a time limit or "entity cooldown", perhaps that's my issue? Since it will take time for the cart to fill up before returning, this won't be an issue. However, during my testing I am trying to send the cart back and forth every 10 seconds or so. The cart goes thru the portal every time, but it never comes back. I have to go get it on the other end, and I always find it on that empty block between the track and the portal. I have no idea why Jason's setup works but mine doesn't. And neither does he. LOL