Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I 100% agree you can’t underestimate potions but I do know the tier 2 Gaja boss is no joke and wasn’t sure if potions were enough with my armor, not to say im stuck with the terrasteel armor but its end game armor for that mod so im assuming it should be good for end game boss fight. I was thinking about just setting up numerous beacons up with different effects instead of potions so it didn’t wear off but it goes back again im not sure if potion effects+terrasteel armor is good enough.

You could also look into incense from Botania as well. Have one for regen? I'm not sure if multiple regeneration incense sticks stack the effect or not.. I'm just getting into Botania brewing soo... :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I bet you a dollar the armor from quantum flux would turn the gaia guardian into a cakewalk. The sword killed the first tier one quite readily.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
First some background for my question...

I made a whack load of autonomous activators for an essence berry farm... Hooked them up with power and pipes, gave them all the server upgrade thinking that maybe that would make them work like they used to.. You know.. pick the berry, put it into the pipe......

Nope....

Now I've heard a rumor that MFR harvesters can pick essence berries. Is this true for Infinity? Is there a config file that I need to change to allow that?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
First some background for my question...

I made a whack load of autonomous activators for an essence berry farm... Hooked them up with power and pipes, gave them all the server upgrade thinking that maybe that would make them work like they used to.. You know.. pick the berry, put it into the pipe......

Nope....

Now I've heard a rumor that MFR harvesters can pick essence berries. Is this true for Infinity? Is there a config file that I need to change to allow that?

Works for me. why dont you try it?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a replacement for ICBM? I had a grand plan all worked out to build a nuclear missile silo and now ICBM is, well let's be kind and say unfinished...

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
That's a bold statement. Let's see if it pays off.
how is it a bold statement? im asking what does it take to safely take down tier 2 of Gaja and not sure what i have is enough, please explain how a question is a bold statement?

I bet you a dollar the armor from quantum flux would turn the gaia guardian into a cakewalk. The sword killed the first tier one quite readily.
Not sure thats in AS2 but ill take a look next time on im thanks

Hollywood

Jul 29, 2019
Playing with the new Immersive Engineering mod, NEI said I had a 10% chance to get iridium ore if I put Osmium through the mod's crusher, but it didn't work. Anyone know if this was changed/removed or if I might be doing something wrong?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
how is it a bold statement? im asking what does it take to safely take down tier 2 of Gaja and not sure what i have is enough, please explain how a question is a bold statement?

Not sure thats in AS2 but ill take a look next time on im thanks
... it was formatted in bold. >_>
like this

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Can minions golems harvest and replant agricraft crops (as in the sticks)?
You had it right the first time. ;)
Someone make a resource pack for that, just so we can make all of those imgur people mad. :p
I'm *guessing* that golems can handle crop sticks. I remember hearing that harvesters work with them, which makes me think they hook into whatever "this is a plant" system forge has, so anything that can harvest "plants" should be fine.
I suggest you get another source first, though. :p

... it was formatted in bold. >_>
like this
I... I didn't get the joke. :oops:

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
So here's a question.

Right now I have, in FTB Infinity:
  • a Diamond Helmet with Fire Protection IV
  • a Diamond Chestplate with Projectile Protection IV and Unbreaking III
  • some Diamond legs with Unbreaking III, Protection III and Unstable III
  • Some Diamond Boots with Haste III
  • a Blood Magic Bound Blade with Reaper IV, Unbreaking III, and Smite V
  • A vanilla bow with Power IV, Unbreaking III, and Infinity
  • a Thaumostatic Harness as my sole method of flight
  • a full set of Runic Shielding gear (amulet, girdle, two rings)
  • 9 potions of instant health and 3 potions of regeneration
My question is: how much time will it take the Enderdragon to stomp me into the endstone, and what can I do to lengthen that amount of time?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
So here's a question.

Right now I have, in FTB Infinity:
  • a Diamond Helmet with Fire Protection IV
  • a Diamond Chestplate with Projectile Protection IV and Unbreaking III
  • some Diamond legs with Unbreaking III, Protection III and Unstable III
  • Some Diamond Boots with Haste III
  • a Blood Magic Bound Blade with Reaper IV, Unbreaking III, and Smite V
  • A vanilla bow with Power IV, Unbreaking III, and Infinity
  • a Thaumostatic Harness as my sole method of flight
  • a full set of Runic Shielding gear (amulet, girdle, two rings)
  • 9 potions of instant health and 3 potions of regeneration
My question is: how much time will it take the Enderdragon to stomp me into the endstone, and what can I do to lengthen that amount of time?
Seeing as it's possible (with some skill) to beat the dragon with just low-enchanted iron armor and sword, and a regular bow, I'd say you're fine.
Biggest tip from me:
DROWN THE END! Cover the whole dang thing in water (source blocks won't push you, but they're also a pain to remove later; I'll let you choose which to use). Water protects you both from fall damage and endermen. Just place it at the base of every tower in case the dragon knocks you off, and maybe around whatever safe-house type of things you'll set up.
Less importantly - strength two potions are ridiculous. 260% damage - read that again - 260%!!! I don't think it applies to bows, but one good smack from a sword after drinking THAT will make the dragon rethink attacking you (not really; the AI in 1.7 isn't that great. :p).

Reactions: Wicked223

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing as it's possible (with some skill) to beat the dragon with just low-enchanted iron armor and sword, and a regular bow, I'd say you're fine.
Biggest tip from me:
DROWN THE END! Cover the whole dang thing in water (source blocks won't push you, but they're also a pain to remove later; I'll let you choose which to use). Water protects you both from fall damage and endermen. Just place it at the base of every tower in case the dragon knocks you off, and maybe around whatever safe-house type of things you'll set up.
Less importantly - strength two potions are ridiculous. 260% damage - read that again - 260%!!! I don't think it applies to bows, but one good smack from a sword after drinking THAT will make the dragon rethink attacking you (not really; the AI in 1.7 isn't that great. :p).
<technically> That'd be a bonus of 260% percent, which would make your overall attack damage 360% of its original. For example, an iron sword (with an attack of 7, or 4.5 hearts) would now deal 25.2 damage (12.6 hearts). </technically>

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
That depends if it's additive or multiplicative. Is it 260% more or 260% of the base.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Arphahat

Jul 29, 2019
What does the "weak essence core" block do from the Magical Crops mod? I am having a hard time finding it online.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
<technically> That'd be a bonus of 260% percent, which would make your overall attack damage 360% of its original. For example, an iron sword (with an attack of 7, or 4.5 hearts) would now deal 25.2 damage (12.6 hearts). </technically>
That depends if it's additive or multiplicative. Is it 260% more or 260% of the base.

I'm fairly certain it's multiplicative. As OP as 260% seems, 360% seems worse. :p
If you look at the strength potion itself, it just says "260% damage," which makes me think it's multiplicative.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

I'm fairly certain it's multiplicative. As OP as 260% seems, 360% seems worse. :p
If you look at the strength potion itself, it just says "260% damage," which makes me think it's multiplicative.
Increases damage dealt with melee attacks by 130%
Increases damage by (130 × level)% (Strength II is +260%, Strength III is +390%, etc.)

Works Cited​

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Strength#Strength

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Another AS2 question (or 2) - I can't seem to get a wisp in a safari net - has this been disabled? How can I get auram easily if it has been?