Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ex Nihilo's Diamond Hammer gives Smashing to TC tools, but what of crooks? On NEI I only see wood, bone and flux-infused, and none of them seem to work.

Any ideas?
Just checked out the source, Ex Astris adds them and the information on both modifiers for you.

• Crooked
    • Uses a bone crook to add
    • Can be applied to mattock, hatchet, broadsword, longsword, rapier, cutlass, cleaver, lumber axe, scythe, pickaxe
    • Incompatible with silk touch, hammered, looting/fortune, and autosmelt
  • Hammered
    • Uses a diamond hammer to add
    • Can be applied to mattock, hatchet, broadsword, longsword, rapier, cutlass, cleaver, lumber axe, scythe, pickaxe, hammer, shovel, excavator
    • Incompatible with silk touch, crooked, looting/fortune, and autosmelt
My guess is an incompatible modifier is already on the tool, can't be sure though but check for incompatible modifiers and that you're using a correct type of tool. Hatchet is probably best, pretty sure they get a bonus to chopping leaves and you should have one lying around from before you upgraded to a lumber axe anyway.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
We already have MC++, though... it's an unofficial term for the version built for Win10, because it's written in C++.

I don't know if you saw this tweet during PAX...
https://twitter.com/tfox83/status/638507568902508544

Judging by the speed of upcoming MCPE updates, like the XBox update matching Xbox ver to Win10MC features announced last week, we may see "MC++" versions all interoperable before what comes after MC 1.9, including modding. I also saw that Mojang started public OSX launcher testing this week. The game seems to be afoot!

I like that new unofficial abbreviation of what I was calling "C++MC and JavaMC"... I guess "classic" MC could be shortened to "MCJ" ? :D

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to run Obscurity with shaders, but using either GLSL or Shadersmod makes so that everything is black when I chose a shader pack. I've tried KUDA and SEUS, from lite to ultra versions.

I can see things (the sky while the blocks are loading). I can see the outline of the blocks. But everything loses texture and lighting. On vanilla or other resource packs. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I'm using Optifine HD Ultra C1. I've extracting the shader mod into Optifine and no luck. Tried using version A4 as some posts suggest, no luck.

Obscurity being a "small" dark pack, I thought I could run it without a problem with shaders...

Edit 2: I tested on Vanilla+ to see if it were something to do with me, but apparently it has to do with Obscurity, as I run shaders very well in Vanilla+...

Any ideas?

Last edited:

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Using a large 'Big Reactors' reactor, (Infinity Pack), is there a maximum amount of RF one conduit can extract from one port? I remember the conduits themselves being limitless, but the connections limiting at a certain amount.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Using a large 'Big Reactors' reactor, (Infinity Pack), is there a maximum amount of RF one conduit can extract from one port? I remember the conduits themselves being limitless, but the connections limiting at a certain amount.

Yep, depends on the conduit you attach to it.

IIRC TE/thermal dynamics conduits have a connection limit of 10k while the top-tier conduits from enderIO can take about 20.4K

AFAIK there's no output limit on the port, so if you're making an absolute pile of RF/t you can just stick a tesseract directly onto the port and grab it all at once :)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, depends on the conduit you attach to it.

IIRC TE/thermal dynamics conduits have a connection limit of 10k while the top-tier conduits from enderIO can take about 20.4K

AFAIK there's no output limit on the port, so if you're making an absolute pile of RF/t you can just stick a tesseract directly onto the port and grab it all at once :)
Thermal Dynamics has Cryotheum cooled fluxducts, which also have infinite throughput. :)

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I bet you could.
Now I'm just picturing you making this weird frame cannon which tunnels into people's bases then fills it with TNT and destroys it... XD

This is my innocent face.
I is innocent.

Plus, a portable hole means I can armour my designs with obsidian and still be able to fire.

*whistles innocently*

Reactions: Type1Ninja

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
I just went to the nether (while quite overprepared) in FTB Infinity, and ran into this "black smoke" monster (black potion particles) that lifted me into the air and put a "flux withdrawal" potion effect on me, all the while damaging me for about four hearts per hit. Even shulkers from 1.9 snapshots allow you to move sideways while being lifted; this monster locked me in place while lifting. I haven't done anything with Thaumcraft yet in this mod, so it can't be a flux summoned monster (I even have wuss mode on). I don't see any mob like this in Thaumcraft's config where I can disable it. What is it? How do I escape it, or how do I disable it?

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
I want to say Phantom becuase it sounds like a Phantom. But I am probably wrong.
I found a potion id setting for "taint withdrawal" in Thaumic Exploration's config, so that must be which mod adds the "phantom". However there is no option to disable this extremely deadly mob, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Obscurity question: do ores have a specific level they can be found in, or are they completely random?

Edit: ok, I found out that information is in the COFH config file. Is there a way to output it as a spreadsheet or something easy to read?

Edit 2: disregard this; data dump. Ok, the data dump only gives info about biomes, not ore levels. I'm still in the dark here...

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I removed the Energy Acceptor from my AE system, but it's still charging up the Energy Cells. How else might it be getting power? I thought you had to have an EA.
I think you can plug fluxducts and the like directly into the Controller and still have it work. Do you have any power lines running next to the Controller?

If not, your network might just be running off the buffer in the Controller itself. If you have WAILA, just looking at the Controller directly might show you how much energy is stored in it; if it's decreasing and decreases faster when you plug in an empty energy cell, there's your answer.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I found a potion id setting for "taint withdrawal" in Thaumic Exploration's config, so that must be which mod adds the "phantom". However there is no option to disable this extremely deadly mob, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.
Did they look like this?
latest

Because if so it's a biomes o plenty phantom, a nether monster that looks like black potion particles and lifts you into the air when it attacks. I suggest double checking your configs for potion id collisions, that's quite possibly the cause for the weird potion effect on being throw.

sealedinterface

Jul 29, 2019
Did they look like this?
latest

Because if so it's a biomes o plenty phantom, a nether monster that looks like black potion particles and lifts you into the air when it attacks. I suggest double checking your configs for potion id collisions, that's quite possibly the cause for the weird potion effect on being throw.
I can't tell from the tiny image, but if the phantom comes from BoP, what gave me taint withdrawal? It can't be a potion id conflict, since I'm using FTB Infinity and those are all supposed to be resolved beforehand by the FTB team.

Last edited: