Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Glassbook

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Vanilla plus

In the inventory, there is a button called "Sigil" under the Battlegear button. What is it supposed to do?

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with mob spawns on a custom pack. Mobs are spawning inside my house even though the F7 shows everything as lit up. I'm lit up with carpenter's blocks in the floor and ceiling that contain glowstone dust. I don't think any of the mods in my pack (it's a fairly small fun pack) do anything to mob spawning to make it special in any way. Any recommendations on other ways to check to see if mobs can spawn at a place aside from the F7 for light levels check?

In case anyone else read this and was curious, there's a bug with Carpenter's Blocks that makes the lit up blocks not prevent mob spawns. I'm going back and relighting my house the old fashioned way. Not as pretty, but it works.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to update a modpack in the FTB Launcher without actually launching it?
Not 100% sure what your asking - I always (when the launcher updates the recommended DW20 pack) let it do its thing and then before starting the map close and restart the launcher - then remove journey map and add opis, before I start the game.

If your trying to update the mods that are in the pack you can update individual mods manually without starting the launcher

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone come across this problem - Sometimes when I start minecraft it runs as always on top, meaning I have to minimise so I can do anything else, the task bar does not even show up when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen. Its annoying, I don't change anything that I am aware of and the next time I start it will be back to normal.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Are the FTB Servers Down? I get connection time outs when starting the launcher and attempting to start a modpack

edit: it works again.

Last edited:

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I can't tell what you're trying to do are you trying to make sure people don't know that you're cheating on a server?
I think they're saying they have the "save inventory" gamerule on but for some reason their inventory isn't saving after death and they're wondering if there's a mod interfering.

added:
It's possible that the way OpenBlocks saves data for its graves is interfering??
BTW OpenBlocks itself has a 2 commands you can type to restore your inventory:
/ob_inventory restore - replaces contents of player's inventory with stored items
/ob_inventory spawn - drops whole inventory or just single item in world
more info in the faq: http://openmods.info/faq.html

Last edited:
Reactions: jdog1408

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not 100% sure what your asking - I always (when the launcher updates the recommended DW20 pack) let it do its thing and then before starting the map close and restart the launcher - then remove journey map and add opis, before I start the game.

If your trying to update the mods that are in the pack you can update individual mods manually without starting the launcher
I'll clarify: if I want to update Pack X from v1.0.0 to v1.0.1, my only option is to "launch" the pack for that version. It then downloads the updated version of the pack and launches it.

But if I only want to update and NOT play, I don't have that option as far as I know. This isn't a big deal, it just means I need to kill my javaw.exe process once the update is done.

FastFelix771

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to force nametags to be visible on FTB Trident? The HideNames mod isnt installed in Client and Server files :/ I still have no clue what makes it invisible and i cant find the mod that does it ...tried out alot of em, does this thread get read by the Trident pack creators? maybe they can tell me :3
@Gideonseymour told me about the HideNames mod but as i said above, its not even installed on FTB Trident 1.3.0 , so please help me ;)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'll clarify: if I want to update Pack X from v1.0.0 to v1.0.1, my only option is to "launch" the pack for that version. It then downloads the updated version of the pack and launches it.

But if I only want to update and NOT play, I don't have that option as far as I know. This isn't a big deal, it just means I need to kill my javaw.exe process once the update is done.

Ah! No I don't think that is an option, I am sure it would be easy to include but probably not something that has been requested.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Can you not do a force update in the options menu?

Agustus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an item in Infinity 1.8.2 like the Emperor's Chalice from Ultimate? It's really annoying having to go get buckets of water all the time.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

This may not be an answer you're looking for, but you can do this with the Curse Voice launcher... after you have a profile loaded, when an update is released the icon will show a little symbol at the top that looks like an underscore with a downward arrow on top of it. If you put your mouse on the icon without clicking, the Orange "Play" button will appear and underneath that will be an "Update Pack" selection.

Click the "Update" selection and the pack will update without starting to play. I do this because I like to add both "Iguanas Tinkers Tweaks" and "Veinminer" to both Direwolf20 and Infinity before I start playing.

I think if a pack is recommended it will ask if you want to update when you click the Play button without giving you a chance to add other mods.

I like to run beta packs so I have my profile settings changed from Recommended to Beta... In that case you have to manually perform the update as indicated above. You will have to re-add your additional mods, but at least it keeps the previous keybindings :D

Reactions: Pyure