Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
is there any folks or online service that offers custom (and awesome) minecraft skins? I've seen the design your own which I've never gotten to work and the other questionable sites... anyone know of anyone...

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
is there any folks or online service that offers custom (and awesome) minecraft skins? I've seen the design your own which I've never gotten to work and the other questionable sites... anyone know of anyone...
I find that the easiest way to make your OWN skin is just to edit an existing skin using your image editor of choice. Those custom sites are simply not worth it.
If you really feel that you don't want to make your own skin, just commission an artist on these or some other forum to do it for you.
I'm attaching the pre-1.8 char.png example file as well in case you can't find it anywhere else.

Attachments

• char.png
    char.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Psychicash

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Can the Chest Carts in RailCraft able to traverse into and back from the Nether Portal?

I'm trying to build a pack for myself that have no teleportation (other than vanilla minecraft nether portals), so I would like to avoid using Ender Storage, as well as JABBA's B-Space upgrade if possible.

I think EnderIO has a teleport track that seems to work ok... Direwolf20 used them early on in his current "Let's Play" (1.7.10) to get to his quarries, first a stationary one, then onto a Funky Locomotion moving quarry.

Handy link:

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO has a teleport track that seems to work ok... Direwolf20 used them early on in his current "Let's Play" (1.7.10) to get to his quarries, first a stationary one, then onto a Funky Locomotion moving quarry.
I know. I can also use tesseract or dimensional transceiver, but I'm looking into nether portal-ish ways so I can avoid adding in EIO and maybe TE4 to my pack.

I'm hoping I can make a RoC and Immersive Engineering centric pack. I'm finding myself being too reliant on EIO conduits and Tesseracts.

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to hide an item from showing up in N.E.I. ? ( thinking of the compass and clock because of the exploitable nature of seeing their icons )

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok... What is happening here?
2015-07-16_19.54.36.png

:p
They are not dying or taking any damage apparently. But the damage numbers are just streaming out of them :p

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to hide an item from showing up in N.E.I. ? ( thinking of the compass and clock because of the exploitable nature of seeing their icons )
Yes, but you can still see them by looking up their crafting recipes through looking up uses for iron ingot/redstone dust/gold ingot so it's kind of pointless. Anyway, go to /minecraft/config/INpureProjects/custom_nei_filters and open the vanilla.js in a text editor (Notepad++ preferably, not the regular Notepad) and add compass and clock (in lower case!) in the list of things on the first line.

If you want to prevent players on a server from seeing those you can't enforce that filter, they can always take it off manually even if you provide them the pack with it.

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but you can still see them by looking up their crafting recipes through looking up uses for iron ingot/redstone dust/gold ingot so it's kind of pointless. Anyway, go to /minecraft/config/INpureProjects/custom_nei_filters and open the vanilla.js in a text editor (Notepad++ preferably, not the regular Notepad) and add compass and clock (in lower case!) in the list of things on the first line.

If you want to prevent players on a server from seeing those you can't enforce that filter, they can always take it off manually even if you provide them the pack with it.

There is no INpureProjects in the cofig ( only a client inside of a folder named N.E.I) . I am using 1.7.10 by the way.

My problem with them is that just by searching the compass and the clock you get their functionality without actually having to craft them. So if a still frame of their animation could be displayed that would be great.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
There is no INpureProjects in the cofig ( only a client inside of a folder named N.E.I) . I am using 1.7.10 by the way.

My problem with them is that just by searching the compass and the clock you get their functionality without actually having to craft them. So if a still frame of their animation could be displayed that would be great.
INpureCore adds that hiding functionality, it is in a lot of packs by default.

You can't really prevent the texture for an item from working in specific instances while having it still work for the inventory item.

You can use that "cheat" even with pure vanilla by assembling the recipe but not taking the compass/clock out so it's not like seeing them in NEI is somehow worse.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Zebeleizis

Jul 29, 2019
INpureCore adds that hiding functionality, it is in a lot of packs by default.

You can't really prevent the texture for an item from working in specific instances while having it still work for the inventory item.

You can use that "cheat" even with pure vanilla by assembling the recipe but not taking the compass/clock out so it's not like seeing them in NEI is somehow worse.

Will check out INpureCore.

N.E.I. is significantly worse because a compass requires redstone and a clock quartz both of which in harder mod packs it takes quite a while to get.

As to the not assembling the recipe, carrying around the items for a compass/clock but never assembling still kinda locks down those items , i.e. the exploit is you can "temporarily craft it" not get it without paying any price.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I use GIMP, what sort of skin did you have in mind ? I havent worked with much larger than 32x packs

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with getting oil into my refinery, I've looked at a demo setup and I can't see what is wrong with my system. If I put a bucket of oil in it works just fine, I just can't figure out why the pipes don't pump oil in. This is a screenshot of my setup.

http://i.imgur.com/aEV8ufb.png

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Why is EnderIO not as popular as it should be? I mean I will watch Let's Plays and people jump to IC2 and Thermal Expansion instead of EnderIO. I mean people use the conduits but the mod has lots of underrated machines, like the Dimensional Transceiver which I prefer over the Tesseract. I mean maybe there is something wrong with the mod that I don't see/care about but why is it not way more popular?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Why is EnderIO not as popular as it should be? I mean I will watch Let's Plays and people jump to IC2 and Thermal Expansion instead of EnderIO. I mean people use the conduits but the mod has lots of underrated machines, like the Dimensional Transceiver which I prefer over the Tesseract. I mean maybe there is something wrong with the mod that I don't see/care about but why is it not way more popular?

For the same reason people like / dislike TE: personal opinion.

Reactions: PierceSG

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with getting oil into my refinery, I've looked at a demo setup and I can't see what is wrong with my system. If I put a bucket of oil in it works just fine, I just can't figure out why the pipes don't pump oil in. This is a screenshot of my setup.

http://i.imgur.com/aEV8ufb.png

You definitely can not pump in and out from the same side - I am fairly sure it is only in on bottom and out from top. That's how mine work, but it was a while ago I built it.

upload_2015-7-17_21-26-53.png