Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What's a good way to search a large amount of chunks for a particular structure with relatively little effort?

Looking for automated and manual solutions
Care to elaborate a bit more? There are many ways to find specific structures, but without knowing which structure we are talking about it is hard to help.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I need to find a Silverwood tree, but I've gone several thousand blocks in every direction without any luck.
If you are playing a 1.7.10 pack they only spawn(afaik) in magical biome types. Depending on which world gen and biome mods you are using this can be several different biome types or only the TC biomes like Magical forest.
If you happen to find one you should make sure to cut the leaves with a Thaumium Grafter to ensure sapling drops.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Never played with it, but after watching Dire and reading some of the answers here I can answer it:
A Co-Processing Unit increases the number of operations a crafting multiblock can do.

To use the example of sticks:
WIthout any co-processors, crafting sticks from logs would require crafting all the planks from the logs first, then craft them into sticks.
With a co-processor, the CPU will craft sticks and planks at the same time.

Reactions: jordsta95

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
WIthout any co-processors, crafting sticks from logs would require crafting all the planks from the logs first, then craft them into sticks.
With a co-processor, the CPU will craft sticks and planks at the same time.
Maybe, but a better example would be that to make a torch you need sticks and charcoal, with a co-processor the crafting of planks into sticks and the smelting of logs into charcoal can happen in parallel.

My standard crafting unit is a crafting monitor, a 64k memory block, and 6 co-processors. I have 10 of them, and still my system gets backlogged when ordering a new batch of 64k storage cells.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe, but a better example would be that to make a torch you need sticks and charcoal, with a co-processor the crafting of planks into sticks and the smelting of logs into charcoal can happen in parallel.

My standard crafting unit is a crafting monitor, a 64k memory block, and 6 co-processors. I have 10 of them, and still my system gets backlogged when ordering a new batch of 64k storage cells.
I probably should do this, instead of 3 CPUs - 1 co processor 0_0

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Think of it this way. The crafting multi-block controls the crafting task. For example the crafting of solar panels or a 64k storage disk. If you want to be able to craft both 64k disk and panels at the same time you will need multiple multiblocks. Inside of each multiblock goes the storage and crafting co-processors. The storage actually stores the items needed for entire crafting process. The co-processors allows to multiple items needed for the task to be created in parallel.

In addition to all this you still need to setup the molecular assembler to physical crafting as well as interfaces on the various machines needed (like furnaces and pulverizers).

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks

Also whenever I try placing it next to a 4k crafting storage it says device Offline in Waila.

So I can't (or don't know how to) use it now that I know what to use it for?

Help?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Also whenever I try placing it next to a 4k crafting storage it says device Offline in Waila.

So I can't (or don't know how to) use it now that I know what to use it for?
The final multiblock that contains crafting storage, optional crafting monitor, and crafting co-processors, must be an oblong. No L-shapes or T-shapes.

Here's my set up before I replaced the 4x4k storage with 1x64k and 3xco-processors and added a tenth column:
2015-05-03_12.32.11.jpg

I think the reason my system gets backlogged is that I have interfaces keeping pure crystals and processors and glass stocked, so when I use a processor it sets a chain of re-stocking going that uses up most of the crafting multiblocks. If I was just crafting the components on demand, the 8 co-processors would handle all the steps. With the components being kept in stock in an interface slot, anything that uses items out of 5 slots causes 5 of the 9 multiblocks to kick in, wasting the co-processors. So I should break these up and have more of them with fewer co-processors, but that would eat a ton of channels.

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The final multiblock that contains crafting storage, optional crafting monitor, and crafting co-processors, must be an oblong. No L-shapes or T-shapes........... So I should break these up and have more of them with fewer co-processors, but that would eat a ton of channels.

Now I'm embarrassed ... that is huge.... I have been getting by with 3 pairs (4k storage + co-processors), considered upgrading each time I found it to be slow and then decided that I would do it ..later.

So just to be clear, for when 'later' arrives - the more storage attached to a co-processor the faster a complicated item can be crafted (rather than be slowed by sending crafted components to storage while other components are crafted and then retrieving them to make the finished item)

And the more co-processors means I can craft more items at the same time.

Or more succinctly if I am crafting 10 of an item with 10 processes to make each item 1 co-processor with lots of storage would be good. If I'm crafting 10 of 10 different simple items then 10 separate co-processors with 4k storage would be OK. Is that basically correct?

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
FTB monster.

I need.. well more ammonium chloride (reactorcraft) then I care to think about, I know it spawns in the nether by the lava pools but is there a way to make it spawn in mystcraft worlds? As I really don't want to rip apart the nether completely.

Eddypom1

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys
Sorry about this but recently I have lost my endear quarry in my world and I'm unable to locate it I've tried doing /chunkloader to see if any chunks are being loaded but was unable to find it I don't have access to mcedit as well.
Is there any tips or tricks or commands I could use to locate it as I've been searching for it desperately.
The endear quarry also has an ended chest with it if that helps at all thank you.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys
Sorry about this but recently I have lost my endear quarry in my world and I'm unable to locate it I've tried doing /chunkloader to see if any chunks are being loaded but was unable to find it I don't have access to mcedit as well.
Is there any tips or tricks or commands I could use to locate it as I've been searching for it desperately.
The endear quarry also has an ended chest with it if that helps at all thank you.

I'm sorry to admit this, but I can't stop laughing over your predicament. And please believe me, I'm NOT laughing at YOU, I'm laughing over the idea of an ender quarry somehow wandering off like a little lost puppy dog. It's almost sad enough to bring a tear to the old eye... A true tragicomedy. :D

But cheer up lad, the FTB community is now on the case, and ideas will soon be flooding into the forums to assist you. I'd offer one of my own, except I don't have one at the moment. lol This certainly will be a solve-able problem, and I have no doubt that one of the mad-scientist minecrafters will come up with some crazy idea that works. Best wishes! You def are not the first person to ever be in such a predicament. :)

Edit: Well here's my idea for the future - but it won't help you now - all minecraft devices like the ender quarry should be programmed to have a "homing beacon" - just like your cell phone has one so when you lose it in the couch cushions you can turn on the beacon and hear where you left it. ;)

Last edited: