Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Spatial IO and an enderchest/tesseract :p
???

not what I'm looking for really

Currently I got a box with the TC drawbridges as a cover. Formation Planes makes as many as possible within 5 seconds, stops and drawbridges closses the box. That said I haven't found a better way to make a Wither Killer set up

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
So... just keep trekking until I find one, then?

I'm on FTB Infinity, if that helps.
The ones on infinity i know of are (in rough order of likelyhood/best places to look):

• Magical Forest (this is simply where they are most common.)
  • Twilight Forest Biomes (pretty much all of them)
  • Omnious Woods
  • Flower Fields
  • Sacred Springs (I think, might be confusing this with another biome)
  • Eeriee (although this does not spawn naturally, if you make an eeriee biome mystcraft world, silverwoods spawn there)
  • Tainted Lands (is a magical biome, as mana beans can grow there, but a natural spawning silverwood is rare, i wouldn't be surprised if it were hardcode-disabled.)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So... just keep trekking until I find one, then?

I'm on FTB Infinity, if that helps.
Either that or spawn a mystcraft world with a that contains/is made entirely of biome that have them.
You can also trade with a Pech for the saplings I believe. But you still need to find a Magical biome(TC one at that) to find and capture one of those, and then it is a rare trade.

Oh and and you can use the "Reply" button or the "+Quote" button to get proper quotes so we can backtrack and the person you are quoting gets pinged. Really helps in a messy thread like this.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
So how likely is the Thaumium Grafter to give you saplings?
Very likely ... seems like 1 in 4 leaves, chopping is like 2 in 4 trees, but the grafters (basic and thaumic) take lots of damage each use so with the Thaumic make sure to have a charged wand or other source of vis

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Either that or spawn a mystcraft world with a that contains/is made entirely of biome that have them.
You can also trade with a Pech for the saplings I believe. But you still need to find a Magical biome(TC one at that) to find and capture one of those, and then it is a rare trade.

Oh and and you can use the "Reply" button or the "+Quote" button to get proper quotes so we can backtrack and the person you are quoting gets pinged. Really helps in a messy thread like this.
if you are trading with pech, only one kind will trade silverwood saplings, the foragers. I belevie they are blacklisted from the safari net though in infinity, but soul vials can still move them.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Why does the FTB launcher run an outdated forge version. I'm having issues getting my modpack to work with the Forge version they are using.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
Edit: Well here's my idea for the future - but it won't help you now - all minecraft devices like the ender quarry should be programmed to have a "homing beacon" - just like your cell phone has one so when you lose it in the couch cushions you can turn on the beacon and hear where you left it. ;)

This would be cool for a mod. An RFID item you can right click onto a block, and device similar to that Thaumcraft thing-a-ma-gig that when held would guide you to the target.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Why does the FTB launcher run an outdated forge version. I'm having issues getting my modpack to work with the Forge version they are using.
The launcher doesn't use forge. The pack you choose loads forge. It can be different based on the which pack you select. As for why they don't update has more to do with creating and maintaining a stable pack and testing as much as possible to keep it that way. But ultimately it is up to the team or person maintaining the pack to decided when they need to upgrade.

Reactions: rhn and Padfoote

Warhiet

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I just recently started playing FTB Unleashed thanks to a friend and am progressing rather rapidly through Thaumcraft 3. I love it so far but I have a question concerning Thaumcraft 3. I've done quite a bit of research but I can seem to find Helmet of Revealing. Everyone tells me it is a thaumcraft 3 research as well as a thaumcraft 4 but I'm not seeing it at all. I would LOVE to put my goggles on my thaumic armor but its looking like I'm going to forever be wearing them without a helmet. Am I missing something? because, quiet frankly, the goggles aren't much of a defense. I like being able to see what's up with a node when I wander into an area or stumble across the node itself but things get hairy when you are suddenly attacked by multiple mobs and are used to relying on full armor.

That naked feeling? not good when three wisps, four zombies, and god knows what else is literally out for your hide and all that you have is a scythe and your wand of lightning just sputtered its last.

I don't wanna sacrifice the extra armor points just to throw on my goggles constantly. Anyone got a solution? that isn't power, nano, PR quantum armor yet? I'm working my way up the armor trees because they are all new to me and I don't just wanna jump to endgame content. I wanna explore each pack at a time and right now my obsession is thaumcraft and tinkers construct weapons and tools.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher doesn't use forge. The pack you choose loads forge. It can be different based on the which pack you select. As for why they don't update has more to do with creating and maintaining a stable pack and testing as much as possible to keep it that way. But ultimately it is up to the team or person maintaining the pack to decided when they need to upgrade.
I uploaded my pack and I developed it using the most recent forge, but for some reason my users are getting outdated forge messages.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
So I am a returning player to modded minecraft, and I think I have encountered a bug (will report if you guys can confirm) with tesseracts and ender-thermic pumps in Direwolf20 1.7.10 v 1.5 pack. So I have decided that I am using tesseracts and ender-thermic pumps to get lava from the nether, but the tesseract is not accepting the frequency (or at least WALIA is saying so) AND ender thermic pump doesnt like any fluxducts (so I can transfer the energy from the tesseract into the pump and sit the tesseract on another side to transfer the lava. If i understand the tesseracts correctly, the term 'send' refers to content going from the tesseract, recieve' is going to the tesseract. Using my problem, with images 1 and 2 as an example, does 'send' = tesseract --> pump, 'recieve' = pump --> tesseract?

SkAotE6.png

This was initially set so that it would recieve energy and send liquid, but it wasn't sending power.
CHQ65An.png

WALIA thinks that the ID is still 0 (when it is set to 1 in previous image).
tRR3Xra.png

Same settings as the lava one (was initially set to send energy and recieve liquid, but it wasnt recieving anything).
i52WWkn.png

WALIA thinks that this is set to 0 as well :/

Does anyone know a workaround to this? Am i getting the send/receive options wrong?

Cheers!

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
So I am a returning player to modded minecraft, and I think I have encountered a bug (will report if you guys can confirm) with tesseracts and ender-thermic pumps in Direwolf20 1.7.10 v 1.5 pack. So I have decided that I am using tesseracts and ender-thermic pumps to get lava from the nether, but the tesseract is not accepting the frequency (or at least WALIA is saying so) AND ender thermic pump doesnt like any fluxducts (so I can transfer the energy from the tesseract into the pump and sit the tesseract on another side to transfer the lava. If i understand the tesseracts correctly, the term 'send' refers to content going from the tesseract, recieve' is going to the tesseract. Using my problem, with images 1 and 2 as an example, does 'send' = tesseract --> pump, 'recieve' = pump --> tesseract?

SkAotE6.png

This was initially set so that it would recieve energy and send liquid, but it wasn't sending power.
CHQ65An.png

WALIA thinks that the ID is still 0 (when it is set to 1 in previous image).
tRR3Xra.png

Same settings as the lava one (was initially set to send energy and recieve liquid, but it wasnt recieving anything).
i52WWkn.png

WALIA thinks that this is set to 0 as well :/

Does anyone know a workaround to this? Am i getting the send/receive options wrong?

Cheers!
Don't trust Waila for tesseract settings; it tends to be off, especially if you're playing on a server. That said, I can assure you have the concept of tesseract settings mostly understood. :) SO: go ahead and set the tesseract in the nether to "Send Fluids; Receive Energy" and the one in the overworld to "Send Energy; Receive Fluids". Next, you'll need to connect the overworld tesseract to some sort of power line (correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see any in that last pic). And finally, if I recall correctly, you can simply place the tesseract on top of the ender-thermic pump and it will transfer any fluid and energy as fast as it is able. It seems to be the case in your second picture that you're using an unfilled redstone energy fluxduct? These are only a crafting item, as they need to be filled with redstone before they can transfer energy (see NEI, "Thermal Dynamics"). Finally if you're going to keep the tesseract's position away from the pump you will need to add in a hardened fluiduct line to actually transfer the lava.

Reactions: rhn

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Don't trust Waila for tesseract settings; it tends to be off, especially if you're playing on a server. That said, I can assure you have the concept of tesseract settings mostly understood. :) SO: go ahead and set the tesseract in the nether to "Send Fluids; Receive Energy" and the one in the overworld to "Send Energy; Receive Fluids". Next, you'll need to connect the overworld tesseract to some sort of power line (correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see any in that last pic). And finally, if I recall correctly, you can simply place the tesseract on top of the ender-thermic pump and it will transfer any fluid and energy as fast as it is able. It seems to be the case in your second picture that you're using an unfilled redstone energy fluxduct? These are only a crafting item, as they need to be filled with redstone before they can transfer energy (see NEI, "Thermal Dynamics"). Finally if you're going to keep the tesseract's position away from the pump you will need to add in a hardened fluiduct line to actually transfer the lava.

Thanks for the reply!

I do have the overworld tesseract on power (RF cable underneath that is connected to a full hardened energy cell). I've removed the unfilled redstone energy fluxduct and thrown the tesseract on top of the ender pump, but as you can see in the attached images, nothing seems to work. Both tesseracts are set to ignore redstone signals and are set as you suggested. The stone in the images are from when I was manually moving the energy cell to and from the nether (and using the drum in my initial post).

I think that this is mostly some bug involved in the 1.5 version of the pack. Should I try rolling back the mod and see if that fixes the problem?

I mined around my overworld setup and realised that the hardened fluxduct wasnt actually attached to the tesseract. Break/replaced the fluxduct fixed the problem! :D

Thanks for your help and clarification!

Last edited:

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
This is starting to read like a scene from "Life of Brian"...

"...But aside from the roads, order, viniculture, education and the aquaducts, what have the Romans ever done for us?" :D
Sorry I meant that those too are disabled. So aside from those things, since they are disabled...

Reactions: Hambeau

Cooth

Jul 29, 2019
In AE 2 on the carfting terminal how can I click the question mark while searching recipe in the NEI and the items automatically fill the pattern? I'm sure I've seen someone on YouTube do this but can't rememeber where!