Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there no way to dye the seats/backs of Bibliocraft chairs?
Tried using dyed wool in the recipe(simply doesnt craft) and tried hitting the finished assembled chair with dyes but nothing works.

EDIT: Arghhh.. I tried with dyed wool earlier, but guess I should have gone the extra mile and tested carpet tiles too...

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to see how many people have downloaded your mod pack? It's an unlisted pack and I am kinda curious of how well I'm doing

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft node relocation.

Hi.
Apart from node in a jar and blood magics teleposer, Is there any other mechanic / block / system that will move a node back to my base ?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

Hi.
Apart from node in a jar and blood magics teleposer, Is there any other mechanic / block / system that will move a node back to my base ?

I beleive that the RFTools Builder can move Nodes.

Cardboard box from mechanism can
Be aware this does re-randomize the node. Use at your own risk. I beileve this and the teleposer can also be prevented by config blacklist (possibly the RFTools builder too.)

Reactions: Molten

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Funky Locomotion will move them, but of course that can be a very slow process if you're moving them a long way. I set up my base about a hundred blocks away from a hungry node, so when I'd finished feeding it and tainted it, I used Funky to move it over into my base and stabilize it, then cleaned up the little trail of taint biome spots with the flowers.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Hi.

Ive been using a little mod called Practicalities for quite some time, its got an item called a matter transporter that makes moving nodes as easy as right clicking. Thats maybe a little too easy, so its good to know for sure about RFtools being an option. MFFS was a fun way to move nodes back in 1.6.4...mainly because of the awesome visuals but the mechanics made it tedious, much like using blood magic for the sole purpose of moving nodes. I wonder if theres a Thaumcraft addon that can jar nodes without damaging them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Molten

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a related question - how do you move a stabilised & energised node, I tried a small one with teleposers and it was not great - taint at both ends and a bit of destruction. Can a node energiser simply be turned off?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I have a related question - how do you move a stabilised & energised node, I tried a small one with teleposers and it was not great - taint at both ends and a bit of destruction. Can a node energiser simply be turned off?
Nope, I think this is intentional. There may be ways around it, for example the RFTools Builder might work, AE2 spatial storage might work, but I think it's supposed to create a huge mess if it's ever interfered with.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'd highly recommend not moving a node onceit's been energised. Attempts to move it will likely cause a mess (the builder def will as it moves 1 block at a time.) If you must move it - remove the redstone signal from the transducer, but the node will start empty, and runs all the usual risks of being empty.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I'd highly recommend not moving a node onceit's been energised. Attempts to move it will likely cause a mess (the builder def will as it moves 1 block at a time.) If you must move it - remove the redstone signal from the transducer, but the node will start empty, and runs all the usual risks of being empty.
I'm not concerned about the node being empty (or destroyed), I am considering trying to move the building and put a very large hungry node (suitably tainted and stabilised) in the new location so the plan was to remove the node then work on a plan to relocate. I guess I will have to try to remove the node and then repair the damage then move the building!

Cooth

Jul 29, 2019
I've just added a mod and all the items are showing up in NEI. Do the new ores just get automatically added to the world or do I need to recreate the world?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I've just added a mod and all the items are showing up in NEI. Do the new ores just get automatically added to the world or do I need to recreate the world?
Some mods will "retrogen" and add ores to the world, but you might need to enable that in the mod's config file. I think it works like this:

1. Turn on the option in config (varies from mod to mod)
2. Load up the world, and travel around all the areas (including other dimensions) that you want to generate ores in, any chunk that gets loaded gets retro-gen
3. Quit the game, and the mod will turn off the option in its config automatically

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Cooth

Jul 29, 2019
Some mods will "retrogen" and add ores to the world, but you might need to enable that in the mod's config file. I think it works like this:

1. Turn on the option in config (varies from mod to mod)
2. Load up the world, and travel around all the areas (including other dimensions) that you want to generate ores in, any chunk that gets loaded gets retro-gen
3. Quit the game, and the mod will turn off the option in its config automatically

Brilliant got it cheers!!

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not concerned about the node being empty (or destroyed), I am considering trying to move the building and put a very large hungry node (suitably tainted and stabilised) in the new location so the plan was to remove the node then work on a plan to relocate. I guess I will have to try to remove the node and then repair the damage then move the building!

The book says to cut the signal to the transducer but that causes an explosion too. You should make the shovel of the purifier from Forbidden Magic first so you can easily zap the flux away. I havent noticed much physical damage from exploding nodes btw

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
What's a good way to search a large amount of chunks for a particular structure with relatively little effort?

Looking for automated and manual solutions

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On an Alveary, by using Diamantine Electron Tubes, does it do anything to Pristine Queens? I'm reading the tooltip and it says it causes genetic decay.

I'm on Infinity 1.6.2.