Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys can someone walk me through how to unlock the eldritch tab in thaumcraft 4.2? I freaking hate warp, but I'm sitting here like an idiot eating zombie brains and research a bunch of stuff I don't want and no tab yet. :\

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Guys can someone walk me through how to unlock the eldritch tab in thaumcraft 4.2? I freaking hate warp, but I'm sitting here like an idiot eating zombie brains and research a bunch of stuff I don't want and no tab yet. :\
I think the easy way is to keep making flesh golems until you get it

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so mob farms, is there any way to filter out the ender minis? Or creepers, they cause issues
If your taking about natural or cursed earth spawn rooms then - I don't think so. Depending on how you like to play - a solution is to turn off mob griefing in the config, it will mean that withers (for instance) could be spawned in normal rooms but to maintain the essence of the game play you can make wither-proof walls anyway. An alternating is to use thaumcraft wand to "ward" the blocks around the area - don't know if cursed earth can be warded or if it affects spawning if you do.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning on some warded blocks. I can't turn off mob griefing because it's not my server. I'll have to play with it. It's a little irritating and makes it very difficult to build a mob grinder if the creepers blow up everything lol. I has ideas though and hopefully they will work out.

Sucon

Jul 29, 2019
1. "Endermen Jaw" part of Iguana Tweaks. What is / What do
2. How to get holding enchantment for Thermal Expansion. 100 level 30 enchantments yielded nothing.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok I have a question regarding on what kind of computer you need to run ftb monster at 100 fps. I got a new computer that has 8gb ram and an AMD Radeon R5 graphics. I don't know why but I only get about 10 fps on short render distance. Can someone please help me!?
In case anyone is wondering my desktop is an HP Pavilion 500-424 pc
First I would think it is your CPU that is your main hindrance, since Minecraft is mostly CPU based. From what I gather it is only a 2GHz quadcore. A modern desktop today should be around or above 4GHz.

Second from what I gather the PC comes with "Integrated Graphics". That is just a fancy word for saying that it doesn't actually have a dedicated graphic card. In this case all the graphic processing is handled by a chip that is build into the CPU. This have only a small fraction of the processing power of a real graphics card.

All in all this PC is really not designed for gaming. It is more a web browsing/writing/"small projects" workstation.

Reactions: Padfoote

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Basic vanilla Minecraft question... trying to change text size on my monitor via ESC-Options-Video Settings-GUI Scale (which also controls the hotbar too).

If I set GUI Scale to "Auto", it makes the text too large, and if I reduce it one setting to "Large", then the text is too small.
Same for the hotbar size, "Auto" is too big and "Large" is too small.

I run my monitor at a resolution of 2560x1600, maybe I could fiddle with that I suppose. Maybe that's my problem? I dunno, looking for advice. I have a large monitor, 30" I think it is. Isn't there also a setting in the Launcher to run the game at a certain resolution? Would that help me, changing it to something like 1600x1200 perhaps?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Basic vanilla Minecraft question... trying to change text size on my monitor via ESC-Options-Video Settings-GUI Scale (which also controls the hotbar too).

If I set GUI Scale to "Auto", it makes the text too large, and if I reduce it one setting to "Large", then the text is too small.
Same for the hotbar size, "Auto" is too big and "Large" is too small.

I run my monitor at a resolution of 2560x1600, maybe I could fiddle with that I suppose. Maybe that's my problem? I dunno, looking for advice. I have a large monitor, 30" I think it is. Isn't there also a setting in the Launcher to run the game at a certain resolution? Would that help me, changing it to something like 1600x1200 perhaps?
The GUI scale settings have always been the same and 1280x1024 was a big resolution back then so auto works fine up to that size. But if it is just text you want smaller you could use the unicode font. You can enable it in the language settings.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On Infinity, what alternatives are there to flint and steel? Preferably something that doesn't burn my tree house.

I'm kind of getting rid of all of my items that have some sort of durability...

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I think there is a Flux Igniter, but i haven't used it myself.

You could also try a no focus wand once lord of hellfire (iirc) is reserached, although it only sets netherrack and obsidian alight (and does cost a small amount of ignis vis)

Last thing i can think of is the kindle lens on a mana blaster.

Reactions: Ashendale

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Fire charges don't have a durability. ;p Joking of course, I assume you wanted a maintenance-free tool to set blocks on fire. What are you using it for that needs that many uses?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is a Flux Igniter, but i haven't used it myself.

You could also try a no focus wand once lord of hellfire (iirc) is reserached, although it only sets netherrack and obsidian alight (and does cost a small amount of ignis vis)

Last thing i can think of is the kindle lens on a mana blaster.

Redstone Arsenal has nothing of the sort, but the Blaster will do nicely. Thanks

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Fire charges don't have a durability. ;p Joking of course, I assume you wanted a maintenance-free tool to set blocks on fire. What are you using it for that needs that many uses?
It will be mostly candles.

But my OCD demands that things be eternal....