Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Squislaiden

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing FTB Infinity 1.3.4. Sometimes when fighting mobs, upon taking damage, I am instantly dropped to half a heart. Wether it be Wither Boss, or a plain old zombie. Wth is causing it? Dx

Also of note, I am wearing full enchanted diamond armor atm.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I would go for the longest life span and offspring of 1 so you don't get a ton of drones from your production hives.
Good, I have been making (for my completest attempt) a stack of each species with natural traits apart from 4x and on page 2 both 3, both 2 and yes to all and then the production bees gets rocks, longest, 1x and none (for effect) and now fastest production. I added 5 species to my completed list today, only about another hundred to go.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
I'm relatively new to AE2 and I want to be able to have all of my ores that are in my system to automatically go to a processsing room and go back into my system. How would I go about doing this? Do I need to do it through autocrafting or is there another way to do it? Thanks

On Infinity 1.5.1

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm relatively new to AE2 and I want to be able to have all of my ores that are in my system to automatically go to a processsing room and go back into my system. How would I go about doing this? Do I need to do it through autocrafting or is there another way to do it? Thanks

On Infinity 1.5.1

There are a few ways to do this. Personally I just use an export bus (you will need to add capacity upgrades to it) on a chest. That chest is the input to my ore processing plant. Take your pick of what machines and item transfer pipe you want to use. At the end of the ore processing is another chest or an interface block that the items can be pumped into. My current one is using Steve's Factory manager with a combination of Thermal Expansion and Ender IO machines to do the processing.

Reactions: legionite626

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
OK so the bee tick is something that I have learned from that - never knew that it was 27.5 sec.

Now that I have fastest speed with my four alveary's and 6 proven frames in each I should be getting

P = 1.7 * 1.0 * 0.02 * 2^6 = 2.176 combs per queen per 27.5 seconds, approximately 9 combs from the 4 alveary's, approximately 2.25 grains every 27.5 seconds so about 1 yellorium ingot every 55 seconds.

It does not seem to be a lot of reward for the work, but as I said I am enjoying breeding with GenDustry, I can't imagine anyone enjoying doing it without (or with Genetics).
One important thing you need to know is that a bee will not produce multiple specialities. So you should aim to get to as close to 100% as possible only. Anything over is wasted frames.
So in your situation you should go with 5 frames:
P = 1.7 * 1.0 * 0.02 * 2^5 =1.09

If you are after normal combs and stuff in the normal "Prod:" section, then I think you can get multiples. Like an Imperial bee can produce several Combs and Royal Jelly per tick. But a bee with a Speciality produce will only produce a maximum of 1 per bee tick afaik.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

On Infinity 1.5.1
Or you do the processing prior the AE

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
One important thing you need to know is that a bee will not produce multiple specialities. So you should aim to get to as close to 100% as possible only. Anything over is wasted frames.
So in your situation you should go with 5 frames:
P = 1.7 * 1.0 * 0.02 * 2^5 =1.09

If you are after normal combs and stuff in the normal "Prod:" section, then I think you can get multiples. Like an Imperial bee can produce several Combs and Royal Jelly per tick. But a bee with a Speciality produce will only produce a maximum of 1 per bee tick afaik.

That is good information, I had no idea, so that actually means I should remove a frame as it is being wasted but also that the actual time will be 1 min 50 per ingot. Thanks

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mind showing your set up @Henry Link? Just to get a better idea of the whole system. I have a lot of ores coming through my system from an Ender Quarry so the most efficient way to handle all the ores would be ideal for me at the moment. Thanks for the help so far.

MrMFretwell

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

I am updating my mod pack which is fairly large (180 mods or so) and I've noticed performance is acceptable, but not great. I do have FastCraft installed which helps some but I've noticed when looking around in game I get little stutters like screen tearing. Does anyone have any tips to boost performance for the users of my pack, or do people know of any common mods that can be performance draining?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mind showing your set up @Henry Link? Just to get a better idea of the whole system. I have a lot of ores coming through my system from an Ender Quarry so the most efficient way to handle all the ores would be ideal for me at the moment. Thanks for the help so far.
If it helps here is my setup

upload_2015-5-31_3-2-27.png

The things that you cant see are the other item ducts into the back of the chests above the SAG mills and smelter and the filters in the item ducts. Items that are not put through these either go to block placers & breakers (dense ore mainly) or straight to the chest that is connected to an import into the AE. The ender chest at left is at the quarry and the one on the right links to another that is the AE import. The barrel takes flint from the quarry ender chest and inserts into the barrel then to the SAG mills. The Trash can is not connected, it was to delete stone (my Quarry is silk touch) but I upgraded to a matter condenser.

Also before I went to silk touch I had a line of packagers to turn the cobble to compressed cobble

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

Sure can. The input is the ender chest at the top left. The chest next to it is a temp location for pulverized ores. Then next to that is a MFR Unifier to covert some ingots (uranium to yellorium). The next row is the Steve's factory manger and inventory cable to connect it all. The bottom left is an interface. That is where finished ores are placed by the factory manager. The rest is the machines.

The programming on the factory manager is pretty straight forward. Just moves items around. No branches or conditions.
2015-05-30_14.18.14.png

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
How i can remove my lag in Material Energy 4?
Thank you :)
You might want to include a few more details, if you have not already done this or it doesn't help.
  • Install Fastcraft (latest version!) can help reduce lag from worldgen, among other sources.
  • Reduce Graphical Settings (Optifine can provide more options here, but you need to make sure to get the right version. Optifine and Forge have a rocky relationship. Afraid I can't help with installing that though.)
  • Spread your stuff out more if possible. This might be difficult to do considering the nature of ME^4.

Reactions: Niidikene

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to include a few more details, if you have not already done this or it doesn't help.
  • Install Fastcraft (latest version!) can help reduce lag from worldgen, among other sources.
  • Reduce Graphical Settings (Optifine can provide more options here, but you need to make sure to get the right version. Optifine and Forge have a rocky relationship. Afraid I can't help with installing that though.)
  • Spread your stuff out more if possible. This might be difficult to do considering the nature of ME^4.
I think it's because i use windows 10.
I can play only 5 or 10 minutes, then my computer makes a restart.
I have fastcraft, but i still can't play :/

When i had windows 7 there was no lag when i played Direwolf20 1.7 modpack :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
On Infinity 1.5.1, is it possible to set Thaumcraft gather golems to ignore certain items?
One of the Golem Upgrades will allow you to filter which items it picks up. I dont remember off hand which one it is, but there might be some mention of it in the thaumonominominocon.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I think it's because i use windows 10.
I can play only 5 or 10 minutes, then my computer makes a restart.
I have fastcraft, but i still can't play :/

When i had windows 7 there was no lag when i played Direwolf20 1.7 modpack :)

I'll go see how long I can run Infinity (new beta version) on my dualboot partition and report back.

For advanced info, my setup:
Hardware:
AMD FX8530 Black CPU
ASUS Gen 1 Sabertooth 990FX mainboard
eVGA GeForce 9600GT video w/512MB DDR3
8GB DDR 1600mHz ram

Software:
Windows 10 Tech Preview version 10122
Curse Launcher
Java 1.8.0_25 runtime Auto-loaded by Mojang launcher
Infinity modpack latest beta version (1.6.1?)

Reactions: Niidikene

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Dw20 1.3.1 is there something with one of the mods where things aren't saving right?

Many people on the server have lost whole quarries and other equipment. It looks like it's doing a mini roll back but only to certain chunks. Also it does it only in dimensions that aren't the over world.

Most common in the deep dark, nether, and end.

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
I
I'll go see how long I can run Infinity (new beta version) on my dualboot partition and report back.

For advanced info, my setup:
Hardware:
AMD FX8530 Black CPU
ASUS Gen 1 Sabertooth 990FX mainboard
eVGA GeForce 9600GT video w/512MB DDR3
8GB DDR 1600mHz ram

Software:
Windows 10 Tech Preview version 10122
Curse Launcher
Java 1.8.0_25 runtime Auto-loaded by Mojang launcher
Infinity modpack latest beta version (1.6.1?)
I don't know "how", but i solved shis problem :)
Now i can play it very well :)