Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I

I don't know "how", but i solved shis problem :)
Now i can play it very well :)

Cool... I was able to play for more than 4 hours... It is Infinity 1.6.1, and coincidentally has 161 mods loaded.

I did get a pop-up screen over MC mid-game, however... My download schedule is "Fast Track", so as soon as the new version of Win10 was released today my system downloaded it in the background and then told me it needed to restart. I thought "AS IF" and finished my session first. The new version is 10130, by the way. I'm checking it now :D

Reactions: Niidikene

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to download binnies core without downloading all the other forestry addons that come with it? I need Binnies Core alone but i can not for the life of me find it without all the others packed in

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
When you said you use drawbridges - I am asking as it may be something I need to implement, you just put a relay in the drawbridge and power it on and it places it like it does a block and they work, when you find they are not working you power off then redeploy them and they work?
Exactly. I have a lever that I flip off and on, I'll look into if there is an inverted button (Chisel? Carpenter's? Deco/Biblio?), or some simple way to invert a button signal. I might replace the EnderIO cables with something like Rednet to do that. Or just pop a redstone torch behind the button.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Dw20 1.3.1 is there something with one of the mods where things aren't saving right?

Many people on the server have lost whole quarries and other equipment. It looks like it's doing a mini roll back but only to certain chunks. Also it does it only in dimensions that aren't the over world.

Most common in the deep dark, nether, and end.
?@*? I Hope not!!!

Is this happening only on the one server? Has anyone had a issue on single player? Is it due to conflicts between the server updates and the player updates? Is your server Admin doing it either intentionally or unintentionally? Are you on a private server or a reputable hosted server?

I am on a single player and just spent a lot of time fixing my quarry from a block texture update problem, I hope this in confined to either a single server or multiplayer.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. I have a lever that I flip off and on, I'll look into if there is an inverted button (Chisel? Carpenter's? Deco/Biblio?), or some simple way to invert a button signal. I might replace the EnderIO cables with something like Rednet to do that. Or just pop a redstone torch behind the button.
If you want a more complex idea - I set this up when I was fiddling with Portals. it receives a signal and sends one out until the timer stops it
upload_2015-5-31_13-35-43.png

And this is something I setup as soon as I am ready for projectRed - it has a signal on/day off/night on one side and the reverse on the other, I currently use it to turn lights on/off and to harvest an apple tree and a bloodwood tree every morning
upload_2015-5-31_13-39-32.png

If I have the same problem I will be using your drawbridge idea and using one (or both) these to reset the relays each minecraft morning

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
?@*? I Hope not!!!

Is this happening only on the one server? Has anyone had a issue on single player? Is it due to conflicts between the server updates and the player updates? Is your server Admin doing it either intentionally or unintentionally? Are you on a private server or a reputable hosted server?

I am on a single player and just spent a lot of time fixing my quarry from a block texture update problem, I hope this in confined to either a single server or multiplayer.

It's a problem that pops up every once and a while, regardless of if you're on multiplayer or single player. Typically linked to one mod, but which mod it is varies between MC versions.

Reactions: Psychicash

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
It's a problem that pops up every once and a while, regardless of if you're on multiplayer or single player. Typically linked to one mod, but which mod it is varies between MC versions.
That's comforting! A bit like a friendly game of Russian roulette

Gravious

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering this for a long time. WHY, when Minecraft has constantly improved its loading speed, has FTB only gotten exponentially slower at loading all these mods. I think we're constantly breaking new records, even though our PC components are following Moore's law and are quite easily able to run heavier programs easier than before. I've always liked having a separate server instance running on my PC next to the client, and I was able to type this entire post while my server and client loaded, on a fresh install (pre-launched, even) of one of the larger 1.7.10 mod packs. I think there's no reason for this taking so long except for very bad core structure of mods, but there might be reason there HAVE to be delays so long that I'm simply not aware of. Possibly related to cross-registering blocks and item events? Even on a 4.0 GHz Octa-Core CPU with 16 GB of RAM, a good enough graphics card to run any modern game and FTB launched on a SSD, it takes more than 5 minutes before it's ready to play. I'm sorry, but, this is insane for any game. If every mod author would optimize their mod, would that possibly help? Or will it just stay this slow for the remainder of FTB history until Minecraft starts providing native mod support? (Possibly even beyond that, I fear)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Do I need to use a chest as buffer with a Tesseract, as opposed to just using, say, a chassis with an extractor module?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering this for a long time. WHY, when Minecraft has constantly improved its loading speed, has FTB only gotten exponentially slower at loading all these mods. I think we're constantly breaking new records, even though our PC components are following Moore's law and are quite easily able to run heavier programs easier than before. I've always liked having a separate server instance running on my PC next to the client, and I was able to type this entire post while my server and client loaded, on a fresh install (pre-launched, even) of one of the larger 1.7.10 mod packs. I think there's no reason for this taking so long except for very bad core structure of mods, but there might be reason there HAVE to be delays so long that I'm simply not aware of. Possibly related to cross-registering blocks and item events? Even on a 4.0 GHz Octa-Core CPU with 16 GB of RAM, a good enough graphics card to run any modern game and FTB launched on a SSD, it takes more than 5 minutes before it's ready to play. I'm sorry, but, this is insane for any game. If every mod author would optimize their mod, would that possibly help? Or will it just stay this slow for the remainder of FTB history until Minecraft starts providing native mod support? (Possibly even beyond that, I fear)
It is java

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Do I need to use a chest as buffer with a Tesseract, as opposed to just using, say, a chassis with an extractor module?
You might be able to get away with a buildcraft pipe feeding into the system or even just a basic logistics pipe, as the Tesseract should autoutput to them. If this doesn't work, yes you'll likely need an inventory buffer.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
You might be able to get away with a buildcraft pipe feeding into the system or even just a basic logistics pipe, as the Tesseract should autoutput to them. If this doesn't work, yes you'll likely need an inventory buffer.
No type of logistics pipe works. Ironically, any kind of transport pipe connects to the Tesseract...

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I have a basic TE4 setup going (Steam Dynamo connected to a Leadstone Energy cell, connected to a Pulverizer, Redstone Furnace, and Induction Smelter), and I'm wondering what the next step is; Magma tic Dynamo piped into a lava pool? don't really know how this progression works

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It is java

Basically, Mojang wrote the game poorly. It isn't too bad for most people without mods, but as soon as you add mods you start hitting all of the lovely code that Mojang didn't take the time to do properly. So until they rewrite the entire game (probably won't happen) or Forge fixes several of the big issues, there will always be issues with load times and performance with mods. It isn't on mod authors to fix.

Without mods too, actually. There are reports of people getting 200+ FPS in 1.7 who can barely break 30 FPS. So in short, blame Mojang.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, Mojang wrote the game poorly. It isn't too bad for most people without mods, but as soon as you add mods you start hitting all of the lovely code that Mojang didn't take the time to do properly. So until they rewrite the entire game (probably won't happen) or Forge fixes several of the big issues, there will always be issues with load times and performance with mods. It isn't on mod authors to fix.

Without mods too, actually. There are reports of people getting 200+ FPS in 1.7 who can barely break 30 FPS. So in short, blame Mojang.
Mainly Mojang, but also a little to do with Forge itself. They moved away from 1.7 being the main focus as soon as possible, which really didn't help.
But, as anyone may remember, as soon as 1.7.10 mod packs first came out, FPS was atrocious, you could barely play... even on computers that were able to run new releases (that weren't minecraft) on max settings at 60+FPS solid. And this, as Padfoote said, was because of Mojang's TERRIBLE coding skills. I can't remember the exact cause, but it was essentially one character was mistyped (e.g using == isn't of != or something).
But unfortunately, Mojang couldn't give a crap about the modding community, each update they make it hard for mod devs to update (for example, the change to jsons in 1.8, or the way they changed how textures were loaded in 1.4 -- Although this was good, it made updating mods hard)