Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Err, the vanilla way?

Make an eye of ender and release it and it'll fly in the direction of the nearest one.

Make a "Golden Eye" it needs either ender pearls or Eye of Ender to fill. It will discover the nearest dungeon. I don't know how to get it to fly out and find others. I only found one. It only does dungeon and won't find strongholds. There is a fire in Draconic Evolution that does an "X-Ray" block thing with whatever block its placed upon.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
[FTB Infinity] I need a constant supply of nether quartz that doesn't revolve around the use of a quarry or building any new dimensions. Any advice would be great! I don't want to have to go to the Nether to heard around Nether Quartz every time I have to expand my builds that require Nether Quartz.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
[FTB Infinity] I need a constant supply of nether quartz that doesn't revolve around the use of a quarry or building any new dimensions. Any advice would be great! I don't want to have to go to the Nether to heard around Nether Quartz every time I have to expand my builds that require Nether Quartz.
MFR laser drill with lots of white focus.

IC2 UU matter(that still exist in 1.7? :p) can probably produce it. In 1.6 it produced it at EXTREMELY cheap costs.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just one focus per laser drill? I never made one but I got what it takes to start building one. Doubt I got enough juice to make it run all the time though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it just one focus per laser drill? I never made one but I got what it takes to start building one. Doubt I got enough juice to make it run all the time though.
The laser drill generates ores randomly from a list. Each focus you put in will push the probability towards getting certain ores. The effect is cumulative so if you really want to get a specific thing then you can put many of the same colour focus in.
Just bear in mind that the White focus increases the chance for several different ores, not just nether quartz. You can see this list for a semi full list(probably not up to date):
http://ftbwiki.org/Laser_Drill

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

If you have one nether quartz already, you can duplicate it via Thaumcraft (thanks to Thaumic Energistics) with aqua and vitus essentia in a cruicble, or use the conjuration catalylst from botania to do the same thing with mana.

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
I usually can play ~30 minutes, but sometimes I can play 2-3 hours with no problem.
I don't know what to do....
Yeah it's defiantly an overheating problem.

Only if you know how to take a laptop apart follow this process.

Open your laptop and give it a good oul clean, the air intake and outtake fans could be full of dirt and dust, therefore the the fans can't actually get the air out of your laptop and end up keeping it all inside. Your Dual GPU setup generates a lot of heat therefore the laptop just shuts down, and the 2-3 hours of play time you get is probably when you get up the next day and get on your laptop all of the components are cool and it lasts longer without shutting down. Just give your laptop a good clean.

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's defiantly an overheating problem.

Only if you know how to take a laptop apart follow this process.

Open your laptop and give it a good oul clean, the air intake and outtake fans could be full of dirt and dust, therefore the the fans can't actually get the air out of your laptop and end up keeping it all inside. Your Dual GPU setup generates a lot of heat therefore the laptop just shuts down, and the 2-3 hours of play time you get is probably when you get up the next day and get on your laptop all of the components are cool and it lasts longer without shutting down. Just give your laptop a good clean.

I've already done it.
I also replaced thermal grease...
But sometimes i can play several hours and it doesn't do a restart.
I don't know.....

A_Hairy_Potatoe

Jul 29, 2019
The on
I've already done it.
I also replaced thermal grease...
But sometimes i can play several hours and it doesn't do a restart.
I don't know.....
the only other thing I can recommend for you is to disable one of your video cards. It's like a grill in your laptop especially with 2 GPU's.

Jul 29, 2019
So, I noticed that in 1.7.10, in the NEI screen, MFR blocks display power usage as X RF/WK. Is that the same as RF/t or is WK something completely different? Cause quite frankly, harvesters requiring 240 RF/t seems way too much...

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get EIO conduit facades to display logs sideways? In the past it was possible to use carpenter's blocks to get logs with the different metadata values, but that's been 'fixed' apparently.
Silk touch doesn't seem to work, unless it has to be on an axe.

https://i.imgur.com/onmUofJ.png

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I've been searching for a stronghold for the last 30 minutes in FTB Infinity and I am having no luck. The eye of ender trick doesn't work so I am mining away with a hammer around y level 30 in large areas and not finding anything. Any advice? I really need to get to the end to progress in Draconic Evolution. Thanks