Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cik

Jul 29, 2019
If you have EnderIO and project red - insulated redstone cables interact with most RF equipment and wireless sender/receiver can do the rest - not sure but you may need to connect the insulated redstone to a Stone (or other) block and direct the receiver to the block.

Thanks...actually I figured it out another way....redstone conduits that ride the EIO Conduit cable, where I want the shut-off point to be, then extend that RS Conduit to my top floor with a switch to control it being on/off.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah without knowing what version he is on it is not easy to help.
Humus was only used in the old forestry farms(before Multifarms, used by the Arboretum, so we are speaking 1.4.7 and earlier). I don't think there were a use for them outside the farms.
It might exist ingame in later versions(some multifarms might spawn it) but it is not meant to be used if that is the case.

yeah im using 1.7.10

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
Why does my bee princes vanish? i have a automated system with apiarist pipe both in apiary and alveary... is it a bug or something i do wrong? any better system/pipes i can use?

does a chunk loader help?

Infinity 1.7.10

65599543FB1461FB240B7F027F3729B81097E05C

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why does my bee princes vanish? i have a automated system with apiarist pipe both in apiary and alveary... is it a bug or something i do wrong? any better system/pipes i can use?

Infinity 1.7.10
I dont know if this is the case in 1.7, but in 1.6 I had issues with BC pipes loosing contents during closing/starting the world. I stopped using BC pipes and instead automated Apiaries and Alvearies with Itemducts instead. You can probably use something like EnderIO conduits too.

HeraBulldog

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if this is the case in 1.7, but in 1.6 I had issues with BC pipes loosing contents during closing/starting the world. I stopped using BC pipes and instead automated Apiaries and Alvearies with Itemducts instead. You can probably use something like EnderIO conduits too.

i can try.. beginning to hate those bc pipes now

but howe about sorting bee's? no apiarist pipes in ender IO?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
i can try.. beginning to hate those bc pipes now
Yeah I am usually a big outspoken fan of BC, but loosing items in the pipes during loading/unloading(specially bad in singleplayer) kinda meant I could no longer trust them for anything valuable.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Are you sure it wasn't Ignoble, that die after a number of generations? Other than that, all I can say is, make sure your pipes don't cross chunk boundaries, and set up vacuum hoppers or item valves or world interaction upgraded item nodes to pick up anything that spills.

As for sorting bees, the only way I can think of to do it without BC pipes would be to use ComputerCraft.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As for sorting bees, the only way I can think of to do it without BC pipes would be to use ComputerCraft.
If all he wants is to automate apiaries/alvearies, then anything that can filter items but will/be set to ignore NBT data will work. As mentioned Itemducts work perfectly fine with Servos and people have earlier reported that in 1.7 they just used EnderIO conduits without any problems.
You don't even need the Apiarist pipe to automate bees. A simple Diamond Pipe will work just as fine.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Very simple question... How do I fix this. I am unable to place my cakes in some locations :(
1eUKKkR.png

Where there's holes, it's not because they have been eaten, its because I couldn't place them

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Very simple question... How do I fix this. I am unable to place my cakes in some locations :(
1eUKKkR.png

Where there's holes, it's not because they have been eaten, its because I couldn't place them
I like them name of what ever it is in the minimap but for cakes idk

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
So my pc changed to summertime since my contry entered it now (Gmt+1). And now FTB launcher wont start any mod up. So i changed my time manual 1 hour back and now FTB works. But now Hamachi and other programs are giving warnings because of wrong time.

Is there a way to make FTB launcher work with out i have to change my time to "wrong" timezone to make it work ? please

CAB

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to use the crescent wrench on fluiducts. I have built the below, but am not able to get the water to flow. When I right click on the duct where it joins the tank it disappears (if i click again it re-appears) ! If I left click it's like it's trying to destroy it, if I SNEAK and Right click it destroys the pipe!

This is driving me nuts, what am I doing wrong??

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!

upload_2015-4-3_12-35-37.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I can't seem to use the crescent wrench on fluiducts. I have built the below, but am not able to get the water to flow. When I right click on the duct where it joins the tank it disappears (if i click again it re-appears) ! If I left click it's like it's trying to destroy it, if I SNEAK and Right click it destroys the pipe!

This is driving me nuts, what am I doing wrong??

Any help would be REALLY appreciated!

View attachment 17252
Craft a Servo (one of the Thermal Dynamics ones, not the Pneumatic Servo from TE), and click it on the bit of the pipe that connects to the water tank.

The way the ducts work changed a bit between when the last appeared in TE and now, in Thermal Dynamics. Now, you can only use the wrench to pick up ducts or make them not connect to things (or each other); you need servos or retrievers to actually extract things into the ducts. You can also use filters to restrict what items can go into whatever inventory, which is more useful with itemducts than fluiducts.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone perhaps know what the max power usage of an ender quarry without upgrades is?
the upgrades tell you how much the power usage multiplies, but I can't find information about what the normal power usage from an ender quarry is.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone perhaps know what the max power usage of an ender quarry without upgrades is?
the upgrades tell you how much the power usage multiplies, but I can't find information about what the normal power usage from an ender quarry is.
It depends on the blocks it mines. Harder materials = more power use.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For doing bees with Binnie's mods (Genetics, not Gendustry), I've gotten larvae from a Hatchery block, but after I've inoculated the larvae with the genes, how do I grow the larvae? Do I just put it into an Alveary? Does it turn into a Queen? If not, how do I get a princess and a drone for making mass quantities of my customized bee?

Binnie did some good updating, but (a) the machines take even longer now to process bees, which is a setback (I'm not a big fan of "longer means better"), and (b) the wiki isn't completely informative, missing a lot of info. Esp for larvae.