Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

leosky

Jul 29, 2019
My friend gets "cannot connect to server"
I portforwarded and made 2 entry rules in the advanced firewall options (tcp and udp).
I dont know what to do

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I cant add aromas mining dim to infinity pack. I cant load the world when i install it. Any ideas why?(aroma1997core installed)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
AOBD is a fantastic little utility, added mod compatibility for ore processing is orgasmically cool. But something is missing.

Is there, somewhere in the depths of the interwebs, a way to make nether ores processable in Mekanism's ore processing setup? The machines just outright refuse to let me drop blocks of nether ores into them...

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
AOBD is a fantastic little utility, added mod compatibility for ore processing is orgasmically cool. But something is missing.

Is there, somewhere in the depths of the interwebs, a way to make nether ores processable in Mekanism's ore processing setup? The machines just outright refuse to let me drop blocks of nether ores into them...
Or you could, you know, just put them in a furnace first.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Or you could, you know, just put them in a furnace first.
Actually this only works on the nether ores that rewards gem like stuff. Metals like Iron, copper, tin, gold, silver and lead (which is what Mekanism processes) just smelts to ingots.(atleast in TPPI).

EDIT: Or actually it seems the Induction Smelter(sand/slag +nether ore) or Alloy Smelter will reward the 2x normal ore.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Actually this only works on the nether ores that rewards gem like stuff. Metals like Iron, copper, tin, gold, silver and lead (which is what Mekanism processes) just smelts to ingots.(atleast in TPPI).

EDIT: Or actually it seems the Induction Smelter(sand/slag +nether ore) or Alloy Smelter will reward the 2x normal ore.
IIRC, they normally smelt into the standard ore version, apart from a few which don't have a standard version or are just weird (looking at you nether saltpeter).

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Why not wand of equal trade it (assuming the pack has Thaumcraft)

Why did I not think of that? :O I seem to have a really big blindspot for the equal trade focus. :p This isn't even the first time I've come up with elaborate ways to mine stuff with thaumcraft, only to remember it has a wand focus that solves it all for me. :p

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why my server gives the "trouple cant keep up" message when i try enteract with machines like "Filler" to see its inventory , sometimes it outright makes server freeze and i cant log or see it online. As i write this i jsut crashed server trying to pick the "filler" up. Same problem when i tried pick up my Quarry yesterdat, i crashed several times and it backlagged and was still placed when i got back online. a few times it even crashed (froze) aswell . finally after a very hard period of "cant keep up" it finally stayed as removed, but it was gone completely, was not there to be picked up again. Both also sometimes kick people off , and i mean people who dont even mess with the machine gets kicked off when another fiddles with one randomly.

Those two machine are from same mod right ?

I run the FTB Infinity server , no mods added or anything. It runs as i downloaded it.

I tried look for a crash report and honestly i was not able to find a single one. I could use help locate that aswell so i can give you better info if you need any.

Thanks for your time.

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why my server gives the "trouple cant keep up" message when i try enteract with machines like "Filler" to see its inventory , sometimes it outright makes server freeze and i cant log or see it online. As i write this i jsut crashed server trying to pick the "filler" up. Same problem when i tried pick up my Quarry yesterdat, i crashed several times and it backlagged and was still placed when i got back online. a few times it even crashed (froze) aswell . finally after a very hard period of "cant keep up" it finally stayed as removed, but it was gone completely, was not there to be picked up again. Both also sometimes kick people off , and i mean people who dont even mess with the machine gets kicked off when another fiddles with one randomly.

I run the FTB Infinity server , no mods added or anything. It runs as i downloaded it.

I tried look for a crash report and honestly i was not able to find a single one. I could use help locate that aswell so i can give you better info if you need any.

Thanks for your time.

How much RAM does the server have? Do you get decent performance on the server when using stuff other than Buildcraft machines?

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
Server has 16 ram , i told FTb to use 8 , not sure how much my windows needed for itself and such. Anyway when i monitor Ram use on pc it Minecraft dont even go near using those 8 ram.

Everything runs fine , no lag or delays. even when you fly with jetpack fast ahead it loads new chunk without any trouple as far i can see.

Edit: Pc spec's are : Intel Core I7-3770 3.4 Ghz , 16 Ram , Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, Corsair Force 3 SSD harddisk , it runs Win7 64bit and my internet is 112GB download/12GB upload.

We are rarely more then 5-6 online at same time, often less.

Last edited:

CuriousKey

Jul 29, 2019
Server has 16 ram , i told FTb to use 8 , not sure how much my windows needed for itself and such. Anyway when i monitor Ram use on pc it Minecraft dont even go near using those 8 ram.

Everything runs fine , no lag or delays. even when you fly with jetpack fast ahead it loads new chunk without any trouple as far i can see.

Edit: Pc spec's are : Intel Core I7-3770 3.4 Ghz , 16 Ram , Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, Corsair Force 3 SSD harddisk , it runs Win7 64bit and my internet is 112GB download/12GB upload.

We are rarely more then 5-6 online at same time, often less.

Ok, well I'm no expert, but that sounds like plenty to handle the server with no hassle. Sounds like it's most likely an issue related to buildcraft. I'd enquire about problems with buildcraft quarries and fillers on servers. Good luck. :) I personally avoid buildcraft these days, so I have no idea if it's a known issue.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

Thanks for your time.

Try BuildCraft 6.4.5. We attempted a fix but we got no feedback for it so we had to test it on users live.

I still have no idea why this happens. We need someone to provide a VisualVM sampling as we cannot reproduce it, period.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys!
Is there anyway to improve terrain generation with BOP? I mean, I really love that mod, but beside trees and grass color, all biomes look very similar to each other. Is there a way to add some "noise" in terms of height difference and such? What I'm asking is something close to amplified terrain with BOP enabled; is this possible somehow?

Rathengar

Jul 29, 2019
Try BuildCraft 6.4.5. We attempted a fix but we got no feedback for it so we had to test it on users live.

I still have no idea why this happens. We need someone to provide a VisualVM sampling as we cannot reproduce it, period.

Well i can reproduce the lag and crash pretty easy lol. i can simply go try pick my "filler" up ... i still havent been able to remove it because i crash each time i try and it doesn remember i removed it, well it actualy doens crash but server freezes and stays like that until i close server down using the X to close consol with. If i try not close it and simply wait, the server just shows as not online. Sometimes shows online but saying we are online (which we arent) and if we try log in we simply get a error message and is not let back on. And if it doesn freeze we instead get random kicked due to lag i presume since the consol spams "cant keep up" for awhile and then everything continues.

So i can screen shoot the error message if that helps , however i have no clue what VisualVM means , if its easy to do .. i could maybe do it for you if explain how.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I crash every time I try to join a server, and posting in /r/FeedTheBeastCrashes doesn't really help.

http://pastebin.com/KmKTgLuH

Anyone know what's causing my crashes? Driving me insane here. D:
Are you using an old modpack? I have seen that issue when people have a lot of outdated mods in the pack, and you have too many messages when you log in (excluding what people say):
mod is outdated
mod is outdated
mod is outdated
mod is outdated
sort of thing, but with more than can fit in the visible chat box.

Either that, or you have something in the world that is causing an issue.

Also, I noticed you have fastcraft, and a lot of WAILA stuff... try disabling them, see if that helps. Personally, I think there's a lot of buff in WAILA add-ons that aren't needed.

sicaxis

Jul 29, 2019

I'm running Infinity 1.3.4, same as the server I play on. But I can see if disabling WAILA helps! Will edit the post when I've tried that.

Edit: Nope, the server kicked me for not having WAWLA activated <.<

Last edited:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there another mod that adds an Arcane Bore?

I think you missed a bit of the story - probably my fault for answering his first post not the most recent on the topic.

The reason he asked about the arcane bore was to get sky stone the wand of equal exchange solves the problem he wanted solved rather than answering the question he asked.

I believe this is the reason for your question - sorry if it isn't please clarify