Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

dluxcru

Jul 29, 2019
In answer to your first question, yes. Don't carry it around in a forest or wooden house- at least, not in your normal inventory. It should be safe if you put in in a bag of some sort.

Also, I've heard reports that having more of the ore in your inventory makes more fire. Probably a good idea to drink a fire resistance potion, craft the Salamander's Eye from Xeno's Reliquary, don an IC2 Hazmat Suit, or find some other form of fire protection before you go hunting for the stuff.

I didn't go looking for it. It came to me a meteor craft meteor shower. I have it safely stored in a chest far away from my house, and will definitely put it in my backpack next time I move it. It already burned the wooden floor and ceiling off my house . My walls were thankfully stone. I'm still looking for a new building material.

Good to hear that it is a renewable furnace fuel. That will let me save my coal supplies for steel (weapons and armor, not railcraft stuff). It may also help me in power generation, though I know better lava systems than that.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Can I safely use a lumber axe to clear out the inside of a redwood tree or will it fell the whole thing?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Java garbage collection begins to lag and cause issues over 4 GB for the client. Don't know how it impacts a server.

^This.

Java can only operate so fast, and when you exceed the limit the "garbage collection" routines, that do things like make memory no longer in use available to be re-allocated, cannot keep all the memory available. Beyond a certain point, which appears to be 3.5-4GB, memory remains allocated even though it's not in use. If it's allocated, other routines have to perform operations on it since it's marked as active, slowing everything down.

Eventually, all the free ram will be marked as active and Java will be too busy maintaining the active memory to do second class activities, like running applications such as Minecraft.

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
What possibilities are there of converting Mob essence(MFR) into Liquid XP(Openblocks)?

I know of the Auto-enchanter->Bottle o' Enchanting->Vacuum hopper, but are there not any other more direct means?

(Using Monster 1.1.1)

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
What possibilities are there of converting Mob essence(MFR) into Liquid XP(Openblocks)?

I know of the Auto-enchanter->Bottle o' Enchanting->Vacuum hopper, but are there not any other more direct means?

(Using Monster 1.1.1)

MFR unifier afaik

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If you have OpenBlocks, you can use the Drain to drain it into the OpenBlocks' tanks, then use the Shower and release those XP orbs into an MFR sewer which will yield you MFR's mob essence. :)

Edit: Bleh, didn't read before I post. :(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you have OpenBlocks, you can use the Drain to drain it into the OpenBlocks' tanks, then use the Shower and release those XP orbs into an MFR sewer which will yield you MFR's mob essence. :)

Edit: Bleh, didn't read before I post. :(
Heh yeah the other way is easy enough :p

Guess I could just set up a Liquid XP farm solution. Just thought that I might as well use my automated Mob essence if I could in some reasonable way.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
you know quoting a post with @"person" in it summons them right?
I thought that had been tried before and it didn't happen, so... nopez. :([DOUBLEPOST=1407766117][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there any kind of glass that allows me to go through it but woun't let any other player, rain and mob?
Not glass, but: Thaumcraft Arcane Doors have "selective" pass-through-ability-ness. Not sure what you mean about rain, however; a ceiling, maybe? Then just ward it.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
That's... really weird. Sounds like you're on a server with players who like to prank you... If you're sure that none of them planted TNT (or IC2 dynamite or whatever) behind you when you teleported away, I recommend trying to reproduce the circumstances in SSP and, if it still explodes on you, filing a bug report.

Though, really, making something explode takes at least a couple lines of code, and it would be hard to write them in by mistake. I'm almost certain this is a creeper (maybe it snuck up and started to explode, but you teleported away and unloaded the chunk before it could finish) or a prank; but if it's not, it's almost certainly an undocumented feature. Anyhow, if it ever happens again in a creeper-proofed area on SSP or an empty server (make sure there's no invisible ops, either), I'd still call bug.

And the other thing... that sounds a lot like a Random Things bug. Best report that, too.
The explosion happened on my SSP world. I believe it's an AM2 bug... I'll check around on Github for anything beyond this; thanks, though. I guess it would be a "feature"; don't leave mystical constructions alone for too long!

I will report the white stone crash.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
5jYx3bx.jpg

What are these things, they are popping up around bedrock and I have never seen them before. What are they?

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much steam (from railcraft) the rotarycraft steam turbine consumes? I'm talking about the small steam turbine that lists railcraft as a dependency. The handbook and wiki says it produces 256Nm of torque at 2krad/s, but not it's consumption rate. Atm I'm testing by running a max size HP boiler and hooking up turbines 'till it can't keep up (at 3 as of this post); but if someone has the actual mB/tick that'd be appreciated.

Looks like 4. So I guess 180mB/t.

Last edited: