Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you.
I really hope most things will be updated in the patch. I think IC2, CC, AE and RC aren't the newest newest in the pack (that is available in 1.6.4). So there is a lot of stuff missing at the moment.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thank you.
I really hope most things will be updated in the patch. I think IC2, CC, AE and RC aren't the newest newest in the pack (that is available in 1.6.4). So there is a lot of stuff missing at the moment.
IC2E is at its highest version possible for 1.6 as the dev team moved to 1.7 long ago. So you wont see any updates for IC2E before you make the move to 1.7.
If you are having problems with a few of the recipe bugs in the current version, you should check this out:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Working on Ethanol Crystals in Rotarycraft. According to NEI, using the yeast with TC4 silverwood leaves will yield 64 sludge, but the machine won't run. It's within temperature range with water, yeast, silverwood leaves, and adequate power. Is there anything weird that i'm missing? I tried different leaves just to make sure it wasn't an issue with the fertilizer just not taking TC4 leaves, but it doesn't seem to like anything.

EDIT: So apparently, it just hates leaves. So much for efficiency.
So i just decided to give an update and another related question. I tried using leaves again, but i used Twilight Forest minewood leaves and it magically worked. Sheared two Minewood trees, got just under 2 stacks of minewood leaves, and almost filled a barrel full of sludge with a full stack of leaves left.

So does anyone know why TC4 tree leaves aren't working? It sucks, considering that i cant set up an auto farming system for Twilight forest trees because roots. Greatwood trees would be easy to farm and would still give a really good amount of sludge per leaf block.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So i just decided to give an update and another related question. I tried using leaves again, but i used Twilight Forest minewood leaves and it magically worked. Sheared two Minewood trees, got just under 2 stacks of minewood leaves, and almost filled a barrel full of sludge with a full stack of leaves left.

So does anyone know why TC4 tree leaves aren't working? It sucks, considering that i cant set up an auto farming system for Twilight forest trees because roots. Greatwood trees would be easy to farm and would still give a really good amount of sludge per leaf block.
They're probably just not registered properly in the OreDict.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Doskan

Jul 29, 2019
How to update forge on a FTB pack?
I was testing lately Unstable pack and realized that has a quite old forge, i want to add/update mods but i have no clue how to update forge

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
IC2E is at its highest version possible for 1.6 as the dev team moved to 1.7 long ago. So you wont see any updates for IC2E before you make the move to 1.7.
If you are having problems with a few of the recipe bugs in the current version, you should check this out:
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433
Thanks, I wasn't sure. I thought there was a another build before they changed to 1.7.
Thanks for the link. I didn't have problems with the recipes though.
But still there is quite a lot to update :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Is there a MFR Laser Drill focus that boosts Bigreactor "Yellorium" drops?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The lime focus. This may seem illogical but yellorium is supposed to be uranium
Nah that makes perfect sense since they used to be "ore dictionaried" as the same thing before the increased complexity of the IC2 Uranium process.
Thanks ;)

Reactions: Not_Steve

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The lime focus. This may seem illogical but yellorium is supposed to be uranium
Actually also just noticed that Nether Uranium Ore from the Laser drill Macerates/Pulverises into Yellorium dust for some reason :p

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Actually also just noticed that Nether Uranium Ore from the Laser drill Macerates/Pulverises into Yellorium dust for some reason :p
That has to do with when things are loaded into the ore dictionary. The last item loaded is what it /should/ turn into. Some machines bias what it turns into so that it always turns into their version.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming that altering IDs so that whatever version of the oredictionaried item you want is loaded last would work better?
Except for the biased machines, of course. (IC2, TE3, slag furnace from FZ...)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's based on the load order of the mod, rather than the item ID.
So, how would mods be loaded in a different order? Put "z"s in front of the filename?

Also, I'm just gonna put this here; it's more of a complicated question with techy stuff, but here goes:
I am running MC on this exact laptop. So far, I haven't made any alterations to my hardware, but I've noticed that while running modded MC, my memory usage is up in the 90-95% range. I could, of course, remove mods, but it still uses a significant portion of my available memory anyway.
Would it be worth it to pay around $90 (USD) to double my memory capacity (2x4G memory rows)? I'm not sure what the "going price" is for RAM, but everything seems to be in that price range.
I don't use my laptop solely for gaming, so extra memory would be great anyway; I'm just wondering if anybody with more experience than me would like to offer an opinion on the usefulness of more memory being given to MC (say, about 4.5-5G, which would leave around 3G free for other tasks). Would it even be used?
And if there is a section for questions like mine, just say the word and I'll cut this part out. Thanks!

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As best as I understand it, and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me, the MC client does not benefit from, and may actually be negatively impacted by, more than 4gb of RAM.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

From everything I've seen around here, this is correct.