Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes, I had assumed that was the case from his... prior... orations.
So, being able to allocate 4G (which I obviously can't currently do without "out of memory" errors) would benefit me more than allocating 2G, right?

Ehh. Depends. On my system, I noticed that going over 3 GB was pointless and made things worse. It'll require a bit of tinkering to get right.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
So, being able to allocate 4G (which I obviously can't currently do without "out of memory" errors) would benefit me more than allocating 2G, right?
It really depends on where you are in the game. I satrt of with 3g and when I get late game I move up to 4g (the highest I have ever really needed was 4.5g)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I usually bump my 4gb machine to 2.75 and with some argument tweaking, it's quite sufficient. And I'm usually playing music and running the browser in the background.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, as everyone else said it depends. Usually 4 is the uppermost maximum on SSP and 2-2.5 the minimum (2.5-3 being a sweetspot)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Fertilised dirt. The mod documentation says it doesn't need an adjacent water source (as normal farmland does), but does this also work if I use it with plants that have their own water check (like wheat and sugar)?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im curious what will happen if I detonate a regeneration bomb in a custom survival map. (regen bomb regenerates a chunk back to its original state, but what was the original state of the map?) Will test it now and post the results.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Im curious what will happen if I detonate a regeneration bomb in a custom survival map. (regen bomb regenerates a chunk back to its original state, but what was the original state of the map?) Will test it now and post the results.

It resets it to seed. Anything you've built or modified will be removed.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well thats what I hoped it would do so I could set up a permanent quarry in the overworld where I can see it. What actually happens though is it just makes a big hole in the ground. Going to try fiddling with the save file.

PingyTalk

Jul 29, 2019
Is the replicator + pattern storage bugged in 1.6.4 FTB Monsterpack?
I just spent a day or two making it, and it won't work. :(
I can't access patterns in the replicator, even though they are scanned in and everything. I have the thing full of matter, too.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
How much resources do you get from aregular buildcraft quarry?

Literally every block in the specified area. Including all the dirt and cobble.

You only get singles of things that can drop multiples (like coal and diamonds), as if you were using an unenchanted pickaxe.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
As far as a oh say 16 by 16 quarry how much iron and gold would you get? Estimate
That is very hard to say these days. Ore generation differs greatly depending on which oregen your pack is using, which terrain gen you use, which biome you dig in, height of quarry etc.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
That is very hard to say these days. Ore generation differs greatly depending on which oregen your pack is using, which terrain gen you use, which biome you dig in, height of quarry etc.
And for a single 16x16 area it also depends heavily on completely random luck, just to compound the issue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Basicly is it going to get me enough stuff to be worth the power and lag?
Yeah would say so. Just don't quarry next to your base. The empty pits might impact your framerate and they look crap. :p

I strongly recommend setting up a Mystcraft age for automated mining. You can make it flat etc to make it easier and you wont ruin the overworld completely.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing on my custom modpack and because i only have 1gb of ram i didn't add mystcraft, so! But would it help to make it far away?