Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Someone can tell me what im doing worng? my quarry doesnt want to work, it`s a bug?
TsFsEUx.png

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Someone can tell me what im doing worng? my quarry doesnt want to work, it`s a bug?
TsFsEUx.png
Sorry but this made me laugh.

A single redstone engine cant power a quarry try 2 coal engines. Also put a chest on top of the quarry so your resources don't splatter everywhere.
Also you should'nt be running a quarry this early game.
Hope I was helpful :)

Reactions: RealSketch

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried power it with 8 redstone engines.. that would be possible.. but im gonna try with coal engines to be sure

Edit: Yes that was the problem.. idk why it doesnt work with 8 redstone engines

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
TsFsEUx.png
Like everyone said, the Redstone engine wont cut it. The redstone engine is a very very low power engine only meant to do stuff like power wooden pipes etc. For anything more advanced than that you need more powerful engines.

In the newer versions of BC the machines have a minimum power threshold required to actually make them run. Not sure if this holds true for the quarry as well or what the threshold would be in that case, but a safe bet would be that you have to absolutely MINIMUM need to feed it 2MJ/t+(more than 2 stirling engines).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have tried power it with 8 redstone engines.. that would be possible.. but im gonna try with coal engines to be sure
"Stacking" engines haven't worked properly for ages and you will end up with engines exploding(yes even redstone engines). And seeing as a Redstone engine working in red state produces a max of 0.08MJ/t(and forgetting any minimum power caps for the moment) it would be so ridiculously slow that anything else would be a better investment of resources/time.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Like everyone said, the Redstone engine wont cut it. The redstone engine is a very very low power engine only meant to do stuff like power wooden pipes etc. For anything more advanced than that you need more powerful engines.

In the newer versions of BC the machines have a minimum power threshold required to actually make them run. Not sure if this holds true for the quarry as well or what the threshold would be in that case, but a safe bet would be that you have to absolutely MINIMUM need to feed it 2MJ/t+(more than 2 stirling engines).

Thanks I didnt know about the new "minimum power requerid update" It woork fine with coal engines, thanks guys

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a Reason why Monster uses newer Mod versions than Tech World 2 ?
I would like to use newer RotaryCraft stuff in Techworld.
Thank you.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you.
I have read that the 1.6.4 Packs will get one last update and will then freeze. Did that already happen, or will it update with the last updates of every mod?

Reactions: RealSketch

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Working on Ethanol Crystals in Rotarycraft. According to NEI, using the yeast with TC4 silverwood leaves will yield 64 sludge, but the machine won't run. It's within temperature range with water, yeast, silverwood leaves, and adequate power. Is there anything weird that i'm missing? I tried different leaves just to make sure it wasn't an issue with the fertilizer just not taking TC4 leaves, but it doesn't seem to like anything.

EDIT: So apparently, it just hates leaves. So much for efficiency.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you.
I have read that the 1.6.4 Packs will get one last update and will then freeze. Did that already happen, or will it update with the last updates of every mod?
Well, according to this the final update should be happening pretty soon (it said "within the week" 8 days ago), with another week for possible bug fixes.

Reactions: aTeLe and Padfoote