Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
After reading up on the math on how ME Storage drives from Applied Energistics determines byte size per item I was wondering is there any point in using larger disks since with larger disks items take up exponentially more bytes. (i.e. 1k storage drive 8 bytes= 1 item; 64k storage drive 512 bytes = 1 item)
Here is a link to the AE Storage Math where I found the information: http://ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-Math/

For general storage, smaller cards will do the job. However, 64k are excellent for storing items you'll get vast amounts of, such as Cobblestone or Sand (if you're digging in a desert). A pre-formatted 64k card can hold several hundred thousand Cobblestone, more than enough to take in whatever your Quarries spit out.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
After reading up on the math on how ME Storage drives from Applied Energistics determines byte size per item I was wondering is there any point in using larger disks since with larger disks items take up exponentially more bytes. (i.e. 1k storage drive 8 bytes= 1 item; 64k storage drive 512 bytes = 1 item)
Here is a link to the AE Storage Math where I found the information: http://ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-Math/
IMO only use larger discs for preformatted discs containing only single items. If you use them to hold several preformatted items or just unformatted, just stick with 4k discs.

accapulco

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get liquid into a forestry squeezer, it doesn't accept liquid coming from fluiduct or directly from a tank valve. How do you guys do it? I don't use buildcraft btw so those crappy pipes are out of the question.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to get liquid into a forestry squeezer, it doesn't accept liquid coming from fluiduct or directly from a tank valve. How do you guys do it? I don't use buildcraft btw so those crappy pipes are out of the question.
Squeezers don't use liquid. They take solid items and squeeze them into liquid. For example apples make fruit juice and honey drops make honey.

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
Try FTB Lite then. Might squeze in a few extra low resource mods in addition.
what I'd give for a FPS/performance chart for mods. something to tell me what the heck can I run/what performance hit I can expect on a given pack/mod. still thanks for that. would FTB magic farm 2 = pain or pleasure?

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
um barely. 30-50 fps in vanilla. though I do notice X64 = better fps on my main computer.
If you don't mind low framerates you should be able to play a bigger pack, I tend to get 5-15 fps in a Resonant Rise modpack (Lists 170+ mods in the debug screen from memory)

Your specks on your computer sound like mine

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
though to be honest, playing on desktops differs from laptop. damn laptop is hard to do. guess I'll see then on train thanks though!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
though to be honest, playing on desktops differs from laptop. damn laptop is hard to do. guess I'll see then on train thanks though!
Mine is a Macbook, so got the laptop part covered too
Just be warned, you can go through your battery in an instant with FTB

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Why is the MFR harvester removing trees that should be outside of it's range?

http://i.imgur.com/8tYlcd1.png

The range that the harvester harvests trees is larger than it's detection range. you can use this in some fairly interesting ways using an un-upgraded harvester to gather a large area by placing a piece of wood down in front of the harvester. I don't remember the exact range but brain tingles suggest says it defaults to a 15x15 area of 'unsafe for wood products'. And no the trees/leaves do not need to touch.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
The range that the harvester harvests trees is larger than it's detection range. you can use this in some fairly interesting ways using an un-upgraded harvester to gather a large area by placing a piece of wood down in front of the harvester. I don't remember the exact range but brain tingles suggest says it defaults to a 15x15 area of 'unsafe for wood products'. And no the trees/leaves do not need to touch.

He's right. I had some nice perfected rubber trees planted about 5 blocks BEHIND the dam harvester and they didn't survive, and I can guarantee that they had no leaves for anything to touch.

BeerHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been away for a while, just picked up FTB again, so I'm trying to find the best pack for me (trying out dw20 atm). I have, however, noticed some new particle effects that I would rather be without.

Are the falling leaves added by a mod? Can the effect be disabled via configs?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Are the falling leaves added by a mod? Can the effect be disabled via configs?

I think the falling leaves only happen with the witch wood tree's? I've not seen it happen on any other trees myself. I believe that tree is added by the Ars Magica 2 mod, you could check if there is a config setting of some kind.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I think the falling leaves only happen with the witch wood tree's? I've not seen it happen on any other trees myself. I believe that tree is added by the Ars Magica 2 mod, you could check if there is a config setting of some kind.
Yeah, with AM2 came some pretty awesome new textures and particles, including the falling leaves from the Witchwood trees. From what I've seen they can't be disabled. The leaves may also be from the Weather mod if they have that installed, those add flying leaves if you are near leaf blocks, and can cause some crazy fps lag, along with the sounds of wind.