Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there any configuration on which ores that should and should not get auto-smelted with Tinkers?
I think it's "anything with a furnace recipe". That's what caused an exploit where there was a mod item that could be turned back into ingots in a furnace, and TiCo multipled the ingots leading to a dupe. However it doesn't turn quartz dust into silicon, but I think those are non-standard drops and so don't get handled by TiCo. Or there's a specific exception for them.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a good alternative to PowerConverters (for 1.6.4) that works with EU, MJ and TF?

Last edited:

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know a good alternative to PowerConverters (for 1.6.4) that also works with RF (Thermal Expansion enegery)?
I do not believe there is such a thing... although there may be modules for it in Engineer's Toolbox, if memory serves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I do not believe there is such a thing... although there may be modules for it in Engineer's Toolbox, if memory serves.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Universal Electricity exists, basically you can just use them UE cables in replacement for conduits/conductives/IC2 wires and it should work perfectly fine.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's "anything with a furnace recipe". That's what caused an exploit where there was a mod item that could be turned back into ingots in a furnace, and TiCo multipled the ingots leading to a dupe. However it doesn't turn quartz dust into silicon, but I think those are non-standard drops and so don't get handled by TiCo. Or there's a specific exception for them.
Alright but thats not really an answer...

Question is, is there any CONFIG for it?

I dont want coal to become something except coal

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Alright but thats not really an answer...

Apparently, totte, the answer is "We're not sure" - why don't you check the configs yourself?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Because I am not a configmonkey, I have no clue how they work except when guided

After all, this is a question& answer thread so stop being so clever
My apologies, I shall refrain from further cleverness on your behalf.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I've had a look and I can't find one. There's a setting "Enable Auto-Smelt and Fortune interaction", but that's the only auto-smelt related config that I can find. I think a blacklist would be an excellent idea, I assume you're getting Carbon from OpenPeripheral? I can see how that would be really annoying. Sorry, I think you'll just have to use a non-auto-smelt pick or hammer to mine coal. I can't find Carbon in the OpenPeripheral config either so I can't see a way of disabling the item or the smelting recipe. Do you need OpenPeripheral? Could you disable the mod if it's an SSP world?

joey soltis

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the red input on the itemducts and it isn't taking the items out of the chest even thought i have the other inputs right. I don't think i am getting the right input i have a Dark red one trying to pull the items out i think you need to set it as light red but i can't configure the itemduct to the input because i cant get it

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the red input on the itemducts and it isn't taking the items out of the chest even thought i have the other inputs right. I don't think i am getting the right input i have a Dark red one trying to pull the items out i think you need to set it as light red but i can't configure the itemduct to the input because i cant get it

to make it light red, add a redstone signal and it will pull items out of an inventory.

you could also install a pneumatic servo and play with the redstone activation to make it stay on without a redstone signal or how ever you please.

joey soltis

Jul 29, 2019
to make it light red, add a redstone signal and it will pull items out of an inventory.

you could also install a pneumatic servo and play with the redstone activation to make it stay on without a redstone signal or how ever you please.
Cant you do it without redstone?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Cant you do it without redstone?
yes you can. like he said in the first sentence.

anyway question :
Is there any way to alter sea level? I think that this will help with the whole BoP's deserts are underwater thing. Barring that is there any way to raise up deserts?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
what do the "amazing technicolor glasses" do exactly?
I'd have to double check later, but if they're what I think, they're special glasses from Open Blocks. You will also note there are 16 colored glasses and 16 colored crayons from Open Blocks. While using a specific colored glasses and the same color crayon, you can "draw" blocks that you can only see/interact with when wearing the glasses of the same color as the crayon.

I believe the Amazing Techincolor Glasses allow you to see all colors of crayon blocks at once.

Reactions: KKeys

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
What would yield a stable good mining age?

i'm trying to make one.

this is as far as i have come for now

Extreme hills
Single biome
Flat
Zenith
Zero length
Normal sun
Sky color
Cyan
Normal Weather
Normal Moon
Normal Stars
Villages, Ravines, Caves, mineshafts, Strongholds

is that the correct setup or is it missing something?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
For TE3, Shiny Dust is actually pretty important if you want to craft the end tier stuffs frmo the mod since it is vital in the creation for Enderium.
yes shiny dust/ingots have a use but I was specifically referencing platinum ingots, I dont think there is any need to convert the ingots to platinum