Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest way to distribute items across several destinations is to fill them up one at a time and let the overflow move on to the next inventory in line. Since you specifically asked about filling them at the same time, however, I assume that's not an option.

You could use BC pipes' default behavior for splitting your items up. It's not quite as foolproof as a round robin system, but any standard BC pipe, upon encountering a junction, will randomly push an item out of one of the output paths. The randomness should be roughly even, though you will have spikes in throughput for each destination. However, this system is large and complicated and spotty on how well it works.

If your destination barrels are touching each other (or close enough that you could use some disk drives or furnaces to bridge the gap) I strongly suggest using a Router from Factorization.

Using Logistics Pipes, you could use Supplier Pipes on each barrel to have the network attempt to keep items in them. However, they will have a hierarchy, so this would be a fancy way of doing my first suggestion: fill them up one at a time and use the overflow to fill the others. The one difference is that you could set the Supplier Pipes to maintain a custom amount of resources (i.e. 1 stack) rather than needing to fill the whole barrel.
Actually I just realised and tested that the best way to do it is to use the tesseracts logic. They split all items evenly! :)

Jul 29, 2019
How does one create bio fuel? (that orange stuff I think)
The only method Im currently aware of is MFR Bio reactor or something (that purple thing where you throw crops into)
I know this is somewhere in NEI, but my machine recipes are messing up so I cant find it.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
How does one create bio fuel? (that orange stuff I think)
The only method Im currently aware of is MFR Bio reactor or something (that purple thing where you throw crops into)
I know this is somewhere in NEI, but my machine recipes are messing up so I cant find it.
Put biomass into a still or a refinery (assuming this hasn't changed since last time I used it).

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
The trees you're referring to are most likely Redwoods added by Natura. If you happen to get your hands on some saplings, it takes a 7x7 grid of them to grow one of the redwoods. They take a long time to grow (usually several minecraft days) and don't respond to bonemeal.

Biomes o' Plenty also adds Redwoods, but they're slightly smaller (5x5 I think?) and can be bonemealed.

Not Natura... Natura Redwoods are 9-13 blocks in diameter and the largest are 200+ blocks high. Take it from me, I live inside them on all my worlds, even if I have to search for hours.

Reactions: un worry

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Not Natura... Natura Redwoods are 9-13 blocks in diameter and the largest are 200+ blocks high. Take it from me, I live inside them on all my worlds, even if I have to search for hours.
Yeah, I was just thinking of the biggest tree I could. Turned out to be a Sacred Oak from Biomes O' Plenty. They're actually pretty skinny trunks, but their branches are ridiculously far spreading.

Tyguy20

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I am using FTB Unleashed. So I am having troubles with an enderman farm. I need something that will allow me to transport the mob loots to a certain location. It is a 9x9 area.

PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING!

Obsidian Pipes- When they are all cluttered in a 9x9 area it takes forever for the items to get to the output.

Conveyor Belt- Apparently they counter fall damage.

Water- The enderman won't take any fall damage because of water so water won't kill them before they TP away.

Hoppers- Require to many resources because I would need 81 of them to fill the 9x9 area.

Transposers- They are not in FTB Unleashed

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I am using FTB Unleashed. So I am having troubles with an enderman farm. I need something that will allow me to transport the mob loots to a certain location. It is a 9x9 area.

Obsidian Pipes- When they are all cluttered in a 9x9 area it takes forever for the items to get to the output.

Water- The enderman won't take any fall damage because of water so water won't kill them before they TP away.

Hoppers- Require to many resources because I would need 81 of them to fill the 9x9 area.

I know say not to, but hoppers are great, use a macerator to double the amount or iron, I already have two stacks using the macerator in two days!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

There is no point in posting the same question several places. People are already answering your question in your other thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-unleashed-enderman-farm.38143/

Tyguy20

Jul 29, 2019
Note: I am using FTB Unleahed. I want to automate crafting with a minium stone, but the new auto crafting table doesn't allow me to put a minium stone inside. So how can I automate crafting with a minium stone?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Note: I am using FTB Unleahed. I want to automate crafting with a minium stone, but the new auto crafting table doesn't allow me to put a minium stone inside. So how can I automate crafting with a minium stone?
The AE ME network can autocraft with minium stones, but is a bit much to set up just for that.

Tyguy20

Jul 29, 2019
The AE ME network can autocraft with minium stones, but is a bit much to set up just for that.
Thnx, but yes that is a bit of an expensive system to set up for my purpose. Is there any other way besides AE?

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, its me again. I was playing on a friends server and I decided to update the FTB Unleashed pack. IT gave me the option and I clicked update. To my surprise, the modpack version (1.1.7) stayed the same. So I messed around and realised that only certain mods have been updated and 2 new mods had been added, (Can anyone please tell me what the new mods are please). So I went to downgrade so I could play on the server because it wasnt letting me on because some mods were different versions. But because the version didnt change from 1.1.7 I couldn't go and change the version in the launcher to what I had before. So I can no longer get on the server. I know I should have made a back-up but I didnt think that this would happen. There are two options, if there is an easy way to downgrade then I will take it, but if I cant then my friend can possibly upgrade the server, I just want to know if the update damages worlds or servers.
Thanks in advance! :)

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Thnx, but yes that is a bit of an expensive system to set up for my purpose. Is there any other way besides AE?
If it still works, I think you can get a BuildCraft Autocrafting Table (or whatever it was called), and plonk a Minium Stone and an Ender Pearl inside, and then attach a Wooden Transport Pipe and an engine of your choice onto the end to start auto-extracting Iron. You will, of course, need to continuously pipe Ender Pearls in though.

And a response to TyGuy, if you have EU, MJ, or J/W, you can make a Grinder. It will auto-kill all mobs within a 3x3 area in front of it, and can be extended by Range Upgrades. The Grinder will auto-output any loot into a chest, pipe etc. behind it on the black circle/hole. It also produces Mob Essence as a byproduct.

Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019

As I believe someone has already suggested, a grinder as your killing mechanism would work. Indeed, if you use some method of killing your endermen other than fall damage, your possibilities for cleaning up their drops are quite numerous. If you already have the drop trap set up, however, you could use wooden golems or a thaumostatic magnetizer to collect drops easily.

As for your rejected concepts:

You could use a single obsidian pipe with some power going to it. I don't know exactly how much power is needed (3MJ/t?), but a single pipe can cover a 9x9 area when powered.

I'm pretty sure MFR conveyor belts allow fall damage, but it's possible I've got them mixed up with the Extra Utilities conveyors. At any rate, try using whichever version you're not currently using, because I've seen plenty of mobs take damage when falling onto conveyors.

You could use water behind pistons to flush items to a collection point at regular intervals (or manually) rather than simply having it flow all the time. You could also make sure there aren't any valid teleport destinations for your endermen (not hard if your farm is in the end) and the water would kill them off easily.

You could reduce the number of hoppers needed significantly if you used the standard vanilla Ice+Cake+Flower Pot technique (in a 9x9 space it would save you 16 hoppers). That said, iron isn't exactly a precious resource. 81 hoppers is only about 3 stacks of iron ore if you use some form of ore doubling. One good caving run (or a few lackluster ones) should get you that much.

Reactions: PhantomRage

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
####################
# general
####################

general {
    B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=true
}

in powersuits.cfg

See my previous post. I already did this. The recipe appears in NEI, but has no output in a crafting table.

Edit: quoting my previous post here for clarity

Yup, just double-checked the config. I saved and spelled correctly. The strange thing is, the TE tinker table recipe, which I used before changing the config, worked. Further, there were like 3 copies of each TE recipe in NEI before the change, now there's only one.

I'm noticing a subfolder called recipes in the config which contains only thermalexpansions.recipes. Could this be the culprit?

Might as well edit again instead of double posting.

Unrelated to the above: I've been playing monster with a couple mods copied over from horizons since universal config makes that so easy now. If I were to hit the download server button on the launcher, would the server file include the mods I added or would it just be default monster?

Last edited:

un worry

Jul 29, 2019

If you are playing with BoP ... Quicksand !
  • two layers of quicksand (thud, drops enderpearl, which sinks into quicksand, or if enderman spawns on it or suvives fall, they're stuck, sink and suffocate)
  • three air spaces (dont want ender-legs touching the water before they die)
  • then simply use water to push enderpearls into your collection point
Profit :)

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

Tinkers Construct Punji Sticks

Reactions: PierceSG

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to convert Ethanol (Forestry) to Biofuel (MFR)? In Dire's MFR spotlight he says the Unifier can do this, but it's not working for me. Tried using buckets of both and neither changed.