Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide to efficient Thaumometer scanning to learn all the aspects?
Stickied in Mod Discussion...

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-back-to-the-update-with-doc-succubism.32560/[DOUBLEPOST=1388847272][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do i get entropy shards i looked in desert and forest and plains and more but found 0 of them please help me[DOUBLEPOST=1388842923][/DOUBLEPOST]:p

You've been replied to, look in wastelands... F3 will tell you what biome you're in among the other info, there are lots of biomes you're going to have to look around a lot.

Digijap

Jul 29, 2019
Is there already a new gregtech version/config with no cross mod interaction?
Especially the steel with thermal expansion and the IC2 machines changing to "Automation _____"

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
Hey :)
I have setup a system and I wish to be able to take items from one item tesseract and evenly distribute it to 8 barrels. I am using FTB Unleashed so we havent got Redpower and I cannot think of any other pipe or item to use... :')
Thanks in advance

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
Wastelands.

Another question:

Why doesn't my grinder accept water? I tried using Cob. Fluid Pipes aswell. In my test world it worked, but for some reason it doesn't here.
NRSxwbD.png

Bump.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Hey :)
I have setup a system and I wish to be able to take items from one item tesseract and evenly distribute it to 8 barrels. I am using FTB Unleashed so we havent got Redpower and I cannot think of any other pipe or item to use... :')
Thanks in advance

Only thing I can think of is a round robin pipe into 2 lines then another round robin into two sets of 4 barrels...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
That's research. I'm talking about discovering the aspects. I seem to be stuck. I have Gelum, Potentia, Saxum, Lux, and Metalum. I got Metalum by scanning a block of iron instead of an ingot, that's the kind of tip I'm looking for. Looking at this list, I can see the other aspects that are discoverable at this stage. So, Motus should be discoverable but what item has Motus and no other aspect that I don't yet have? Doors, trapdoors, pistons all have Arbor, and that's a long way down the aspect chain. Iron doors have Machina...

Ah, just spotted this linked in that thread. Looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for, although I'll have a poke around for better returns e.g. blocks instead of singles.

Improvements:
Zombie Head gives more Corpus than Rotten Flesh, so you get a better doubling boost for the first discovery.
Crafting Table gives more Fabrico than Wool.
Enchantment Table gives more Tenebrae than Obsidian, but not as much Lucrum as a Gold Block so do that first.
Dragon Egg (8) gives more Alienis than an Obsidian Totem (2) but I haven't been to The End yet, so I used an Ender Pearl (4).

Last edited:

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get entropy shards i looked in desert and forest and plains and more but found 0 of them please help me[DOUBLEPOST=1388842923][/DOUBLEPOST]:p

The shards appear in any biome although some, like the wastelands maybe, have them more common.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the quick reply! :)
What do you mean round Robin?
And is there any way to do it thats small?
It's called a 'round robin pipe'(use NEI) and distributes items evenly across all pipes connected to it, won't be that compact but is huuge by any means and is all I can think of[DOUBLEPOST=1388856148][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's called a 'round robin pipe'(use NEI) and distributes items evenly across all pipes connected to it, won't be that compact but is huuge by any means and is all I can think of

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
if you right click with a crescent hammer on an itemduct (the actual duct not the part where you put a pneumatic servo) you can change the itemducts between modes, one of them is round robin which should be what you are looking for

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Taking into consideration the new mods and modpacks, (Dartcraft, Tinkers).
Which mod/s should a moderate FTB player who started a new world and has the resources and is about to build a new base start with.
I know IC2 and Buildcraft are just essential, but any other mods for that kind of player^ (me)
Anyway, sorry if this confused you, and thanks in advance.

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
It's called a 'round robin pipe'(use NEI) and distributes items evenly across all pipes connected to it, won't be that compact but is huuge by any means and is all I can think of[DOUBLEPOST=1388856148][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's called a 'round robin pipe'(use NEI) and distributes items evenly across all pipes connected to it, won't be that compact but is huuge by any means and is all I can think of
I checked NEI and there is not 'Round Robin pipe'. What mod is it from? Are you sure its in Unleashed?
Thanks again for the reply, really appreciate it. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1388870293][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you right click with a crescent hammer on an itemduct (the actual duct not the part where you put a pneumatic servo) you can change the itemducts between modes, one of them is round robin which should be what you are looking for
Item ducts arent in Unleashed unfortunately...
Thanks for the reply though! :)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I checked NEI and there is not 'Round Robin pipe'. What mod is it from? Are you sure its in Unleashed?
Thanks again for the reply, really appreciate it. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1388870293][/DOUBLEPOST]
Item ducts arent in Unleashed unfortunately...
Thanks for the reply though! :)

Search for just robin if you haven't already, not sure where or when it comes from... Other than that I don't have any ideas, sorry;)

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
Search for just robin if you haven't already, not sure where or when it comes from... Other than that I don't have any ideas, sorry;)
Ahh, I just realised that its from the additional buildcraft pipes which isnt in the pack! :'D
But thank you anyway! :)
So there is no way to do it with Logistics pipes? :)
Thanks

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, I just realised that its from the additional buildcraft pipes which isnt in the pack! :'D
But thank you anyway! :)
So there is no way to do it with Logistics pipes? :)
Thanks
The easiest way to distribute items across several destinations is to fill them up one at a time and let the overflow move on to the next inventory in line. Since you specifically asked about filling them at the same time, however, I assume that's not an option.

You could use BC pipes' default behavior for splitting your items up. It's not quite as foolproof as a round robin system, but any standard BC pipe, upon encountering a junction, will randomly push an item out of one of the output paths. The randomness should be roughly even, though you will have spikes in throughput for each destination. However, this system is large and complicated and spotty on how well it works.

If your destination barrels are touching each other (or close enough that you could use some disk drives or furnaces to bridge the gap) I strongly suggest using a Router from Factorization.

Using Logistics Pipes, you could use Supplier Pipes on each barrel to have the network attempt to keep items in them. However, they will have a hierarchy, so this would be a fancy way of doing my first suggestion: fill them up one at a time and use the overflow to fill the others. The one difference is that you could set the Supplier Pipes to maintain a custom amount of resources (i.e. 1 stack) rather than needing to fill the whole barrel.

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest way to distribute items across several destinations is to fill them up one at a time and let the overflow move on to the next inventory in line. Since you specifically asked about filling them at the same time, however, I assume that's not an option.

You could use BC pipes' default behavior for splitting your items up. It's not quite as foolproof as a round robin system, but any standard BC pipe, upon encountering a junction, will randomly push an item out of one of the output paths. The randomness should be roughly even, though you will have spikes in throughput for each destination. However, this system is large and complicated and spotty on how well it works.

If your destination barrels are touching each other (or close enough that you could use some disk drives or furnaces to bridge the gap) I strongly suggest using a Router from Factorization.

Using Logistics Pipes, you could use Supplier Pipes on each barrel to have the network attempt to keep items in them. However, they will have a hierarchy, so this would be a fancy way of doing my first suggestion: fill them up one at a time and use the overflow to fill the others. The one difference is that you could set the Supplier Pipes to maintain a custom amount of resources (i.e. 1 stack) rather than needing to fill the whole barrel.
Thank you so much for the detailed answer! I will test this.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Taking into consideration the new mods and modpacks, (Dartcraft, Tinkers).
Which mod/s should a moderate FTB player who started a new world and has the resources and is about to build a new base start with.
I know IC2 and Buildcraft are just essential, but any other mods for that kind of player^ (me)
Anyway, sorry if this confused you, and thanks in advance.

Thermal Expansion gives you easy automatic ore doubling (and occasional tripling), plus unlimited sand, glass, cobble, smoothstone and once you have enough energy unlimited obsidian.

It does all this in a compact non-laggy way too. The flux tools are okay and I've decided to keep a heavily enchanted battlewrench over the TiCo rapier for convenience. Basically Thermal Expansion has decided to take over the world and that's not really a bad thing.

Dartcraft has crazy overpowered cheap gear and strong energy sources. The fortune 4 pick is interesting.

IC2 has been rewritten and seems to have gotten harder. However, if Modular Powersuits is set to use IC2 recipes then pursuing it is automatically a good idea. The Ironman-inspired suits are by far the most powerful armor in the game.