Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
How do i get entropy shards i looked in desert and forest and plains and more but found 0 of them please help me[DOUBLEPOST=1388842923][/DOUBLEPOST]:p

Also try swamps and the underdark if you have extra utilities installed.[DOUBLEPOST=1388886638][/DOUBLEPOST]
Another question:

Why doesn't my grinder accept water? I tried using Cob. Fluid Pipes aswell. In my test world it worked, but for some reason it doesn't here.
NRSxwbD.png

I haven't messed with GT in long time. But, I think you have to put fluids in on the side.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I think this question is more of a vanilla mechanic. But, why are my pistons glitched out like this and how do I get them to reset? This is from my 100m ender farm. The tripwire along the top activates all of the pistons on that side under the trip wire. The trip wire still works for the pistons that are retracted. However the other are stuck out and looks like a double piston.

BTW: This is on a DW20 1.6.4/1.0.9 server

2014-01-04_20.37.18.png

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I think this question is more of a vanilla mechanic. But, why are my pistons glitched out like this and how do I get them to reset? This is from my 100m ender farm. The tripwire along the top activates all of the pistons on that side under the trip wire. The trip wire still works for the pistons that are retracted. However the other are stuck out and looks like a double piston.

BTW: This is on a DW20 1.6.4/1.0.9 server

2014-01-04_20.37.18.png
This is indeed a vanilla problem usually do to funkiness with a server, though I'm unclear on the exact details. I believe adding a repeater in helps avoid this problem, though doesn't eliminate it. I've never seen it get that bad, though. Usually you'd only expect a handful of pistons to get stuck after dozens of hours of operation.

pkuh_1337

Jul 29, 2019
ok im having a real problem. i cant seem to play any of the mod packs on ftb. I've tried everything from looking at the java to re installing feed the beast, I've force updated and nothing is working. this is my last resort as i dont normaly come to forum pages for help. Please help me. its not just one mod pack its all. i will go through all of them but the console will pop up saying that most of the mods just aren't working in red text.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
ok im having a real problem. i cant seem to play any of the mod packs on ftb. I've tried everything from looking at the java to re installing feed the beast, I've force updated and nothing is working. this is my last resort as i dont normaly come to forum pages for help. Please help me. its not just one mod pack its all. i will go through all of them but the console will pop up saying that most of the mods just aren't working in red text.

The tech support staff will need more information about your problem in order to help you. In order to get their help post in the tech support section. You can find that area here http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/tech-support.14/. Please be patient and read the directions on the information they will need before you post.

Also, this thread isn't for support issues. It is more for "How do I do this in this FTB pack?" For example if you had a question about making a TiC pic you would place that question in this thread.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
This is indeed a vanilla problem usually do to funkiness with a server, though I'm unclear on the exact details. I believe adding a repeater in helps avoid this problem, though doesn't eliminate it. I've never seen it get that bad, though. Usually you'd only expect a handful of pistons to get stuck after dozens of hours of operation.

I think I found part of my problem. I had all of the pistons on one vertical side tied together through MFR. This was intended to be on on/off switch that would extend all of the pistons and essentially turn the farm off. I should have used wireless receivers to isolate the floors/level from each other.

Time for a slight redesign. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the pistons to reset? The current design just uses the redstone signal off of the tripwire with standard redstone placed on the block above the pistons. I've already removed the vertical Rednet cable.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
How rare should magic bee hives be in the overworld?

So here I was, in a SacredSprings biome at bedrock, chipping away at some saltpeter for experience. Wait, what? That's endstone. Woot - an Oblivion hive. Then I clear away a few more blocks and ... glowstone. An infernal hive. In the same chunk! Four more blocks away and more endstone. Huh? Another?

And then another, and another, and another http://i.imgur.com/UTGx2t0.jpg Five in a 2x2 chunk area ... a sixth another chunk away.

I'm playing Monster 1.0.2 with BoP and ATG. This has gotta be a bug, right?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found part of my problem. I had all of the pistons on one vertical side tied together through MFR. This was intended to be on on/off switch that would extend all of the pistons and essentially turn the farm off. I should have used wireless receivers to isolate the floors/level from each other.

Time for a slight redesign. Anyone have any ideas on how to get the pistons to reset? The current design just uses the redstone signal off of the tripwire with standard redstone placed on the block above the pistons. I've already removed the vertical Rednet cable.
Assuming you've tried applying a redstone signal and then removing it and placing a block next to the piston to force a block update, my next step would be to whack the offending pistons with a wrench a few times to rotate them. At least, I assume it would work on an extended piston, I've never actually tried. You could also use a Wand of Equal Trade to swap the pistons for some other block and then back to pistons. I'm sure there's a billion other ways to do it with all the mods we have, those just jumped into my head.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How rare should magic bee hives be in the overworld?

So here I was, in a SacredSprings biome at bedrock, chipping away at some saltpeter for experience. Wait, what? That's endstone. Woot - an Oblivion hive. Then I clear away a few more blocks and ... glowstone. An infernal hive. In the same chunk! Four more blocks away and more endstone. Huh? Another?

And then another, and another, and another http://i.imgur.com/UTGx2t0.jpg Five in a 2x2 chunk area ... a sixth another chunk away.

I'm playing Monster 1.0.2 with BoP and ATG. This has gotta be a bug, right?
I experienced the same thing when mining in a Magical forest biome(or whatever its called). But I would think that the density or actual existence of many of those hives are caused by it being a magical biome.
The many different exotic blocks surrounding the hives, well I guess its a nice easy way of getting some of them early on. But it does somewhat remove the early incentive to go to the nether/end. If that is good or bad, I cant really decide on.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
The many different exotic blocks surrounding the hives, well I guess its a nice easy way of getting some of them early on. But it does somewhat remove the early incentive to go to the nether/end. If that is good or bad, I cant really decide on.

Same thought cross my mind. I just found ender lily in a dungeon chest on my way in, so the endstone is most welcome. May still need to make a trip to the nether for blaze rods as there arent any desert/cinderpearls in the vicinity. Mmm - and of course netherrack/brick.

Still, it was an awesome find :)

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm forgetting a step here, and the AM2 wiki is not helpful at all. How do I move essence from a Nexus to either a crafting altar or a conduit? I've got the crystal wrench and magitech staff, and my light nexus has about 9000 essence. Whenever I use the crystal wrench on the nexus and then the altar, nothing happens, yes I flipped the switch. I don't think it's a distance thing, because I couldn't even get my essence to a conduit right next to it.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm forgetting a step here, and the AM2 wiki is not helpful at all. How do I move essence from a Nexus to either a crafting altar or a conduit? I've got the crystal wrench and magitech staff, and my light nexus has about 9000 essence. Whenever I use the crystal wrench on the nexus and then the altar, nothing happens, yes I flipped the switch. I don't think it's a distance thing, because I couldn't even get my essence to a conduit right next to it.

It depends on what you are trying to make. Normal spells only take the Essence from the Neutral Nexus (the one which uses Liquid Essence). I did that mistake at first aswell.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone going to answer my question?[DOUBLEPOST=1388921415][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thermal Expansion gives you easy automatic ore doubling (and occasional tripling), plus unlimited sand, glass, cobble, smoothstone and once you have enough energy unlimited obsidian.

It does all this in a compact non-laggy way too. The flux tools are okay and I've decided to keep a heavily enchanted battlewrench over the TiCo rapier for convenience. Basically Thermal Expansion has decided to take over the world and that's not really a bad thing.

Dartcraft has crazy overpowered cheap gear and strong energy sources. The fortune 4 pick is interesting.

IC2 has been rewritten and seems to have gotten harder. However, if Modular Powersuits is set to use IC2 recipes then pursuing it is automatically a good idea. The Ironman-inspired suits are by far the most powerful armor in the game.
Thanks for the reply! :D
Helped me alot.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting.

How/when is it beneficial to name an item, in terms of future combining and repairing?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Enchanting.

How/when is it beneficial to name an item, in terms of future combining and repairing?
Sometimes if you rename an item it will cost less XP in the future to repair/enchant further. Though, sometimes it also makes it more expensive.

It depends on what you are trying to make. Normal spells only take the Essence from the Neutral Nexus (the one which uses Liquid Essence). I did that mistake at first aswell.
I don't know what the problem was, but whatever it was, it was fixed now. (And by the way, I tried both the Neutral nexus and the Light nexus).

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's ever beneficial in those terms. An unnamed item will always cost fewer levels to combine/repair than a named item with the same stats.

Still looking for an answer on how to enable TE recipes for MPS in Monster 1.0.3.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's ever beneficial in those terms. An unnamed item will always cost fewer levels to combine/repair than a named item with the same stats.

Still looking for an answer on how to enable TE recipes for MPS in Monster 1.0.3.
Code:
####################
# general
####################

general {
    B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=true
}

in powersuits.cfg

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
Do you know if a scrap box is more efficient that 9 scrap in a Mass Fabricator? Because I was wondering if I could make it more efficient. And I know that the Scrap Box produces 45000 units in the amplifier.