Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Since i am color blind i have always done some minor edits in the MC default texture pack. I recently started playing on MC 1.6.4 and cant for my life figure out how to edit some of the blocks textures.

I just want to edit some of the blocks to a different color and it used to be very easy with paint.

But now i cant find any files.

How do i do this today?
I want MC default pack, just edit some vanilia block colors.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that in magicfarm2 you can repair a tool 30 times before it breaks, does this mean the tool completely breaks, or just the tool head breaks but it retains all it's levels, experience and stats and you just need to replace the tool head?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I heard that in magicfarm2 you can repair a tool 30 times before it breaks, does this mean the tool completely breaks, or just the tool head breaks but it retains all it's levels, experience and stats and you just need to replace the tool head?

The tool is permanently broken and nothing can be done to fix it. If using hammers use metal blocks to repair them to add to the longevity of the repairing. As well auto-repair is not limited by this and does not detract from the repair limit.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
How do you use the scaleable chest in Tech World 2? I can't find a wiki page on it and I just get a green box behind it.

Jeff Shattuck

Jul 29, 2019
This was brought up before in this thread, but I am trying to breed trees in Unleashed. All of the leaves which I assume have pollinated show up using the NEI tooltip as tile.leaves.0 . When planting a tree from the extra trees mod, say an apple oak, all of the leaves of this tree when fully grown are tile.leaves.0, which then makes it very hard to determine when these leaves are thus pollinated again. The previous answer was you need to wear spectacles, yet I am wearing spectacles. I also noticed that there is no entry (for example) for apple oak leaves, or silver birch leaves in NEI. Is there something else I need to download to get these extra leaves textures or am I doing something wrong? Thanks :)

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed my previous problem. How do I kill a Wither boss and have it drop a wither star using an MFFS projector while outside it? The wither is trapped in a small area and won't fire back. I am using the containment module at the moment.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
This was brought up before in this thread, but I am trying to breed trees in Unleashed. All of the leaves which I assume have pollinated show up using the NEI tooltip as tile.leaves.0 . When planting a tree from the extra trees mod, say an apple oak, all of the leaves of this tree when fully grown are tile.leaves.0, which then makes it very hard to determine when these leaves are thus pollinated again. The previous answer was you need to wear spectacles, yet I am wearing spectacles. I also noticed that there is no entry (for example) for apple oak leaves, or silver birch leaves in NEI. Is there something else I need to download to get these extra leaves textures or am I doing something wrong? Thanks :)
You need to use the spectacles that are added by Forestry or Binnie's Mods. This will enable you to see which leaf blocks have been pollinated.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Why does my Filler say this:

"Max Power: 50MJ
Trigger: 25MJ"

I have it connected to Leadstone energy cell but it only goes like.. 5 blocks per sec, very slow

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The tool is permanently broken and nothing can be done to fix it. If using hammers use metal blocks to repair them to add to the longevity of the repairing. As well auto-repair is not limited by this and does not detract from the repair limit.

I was afraid of that... I had hoped you'd still be able to repair the tool somehow so you wouldn't lose the tool you worked so hard on...

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Why does my Filler say this:

"Max Power: 50MJ
Trigger: 25MJ"

I have it connected to Leadstone energy cell but it only goes like.. 5 blocks per sec, very slow
Leadstone energy cell can only output 80 RF/t which is 8 MJ/t. So yeah its rather slow now, upgrade to a hardned leadstone energy cell and you can boost it to 400 RF/t / 40 Mj/t which is nearly max speed. If you want the max speed you need a redstone energy cell.

Keep in mind you are also limitid by the conduit you used. Leadstone conduits only output max 80 RF/t etc..

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I was afraid of that... I had hoped you'd still be able to repair the tool somehow so you wouldn't lose the tool you worked so hard on...
It's not that bad really. 30 repairs go a long way and if you like the pick you have you can add power or auto repair fairly easily. I've yet to have a world where I had to make a new pick/hammer.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

You get the odd names like tile.leaves.0 when looking at them with NEI or WAILA because Minecraft and/or Forge changed how it handles localization and some mods didn't fully integrate the new system right away. Because the localization is missing, you see only the mod-internal name.

You don't see any apple oak or silver birch leaves because those are not added by a mod, those are vanilla trees. Forestry just renames the sapling when it gains a Forestry genome so the player can better tell them apart.

There are no missing textures either - you simply don't see the pollinated leaves until you wear the spectacles or apiarist hat. And if you are wearing them all the time, be aware that they often don't update, and only work within a specific range. So ideally, you never wear them until you are ready to harvest, then you walk to stand next to your trees, and THEN you wear the spectacles. That ensures that you get all the currently pollinated leaves to light up. (Blame the hackish implementation of the spectacles)

Reactions: Jeff Shattuck

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I fixed my previous problem. How do I kill a Wither boss and have it drop a wither star using an MFFS projector while outside it? The wither is trapped in a small area and won't fire back. I am using the containment module at the moment.

I'm pretty sure you must enter the force field to kill it. It won't drop the star if you have MFFS kill it.