Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ah... I see. I'll try that thank you. (also, I didn't have the site up xD my apologies for my crappy camera)

Edit: it looks like in that case, I may as we trash this one and look for a easier one. XD

Yeah... that one looks like a scratch and start again. I don't think you can complete it.[DOUBLEPOST=1387386971][/DOUBLEPOST]
Are there really new recipes for the advanced solar panels? I've already read it a few times but wasn't able to find anything else about it.

That depends on you the mod pack you are running. Is advanced solars in your pack? None of the Direwolf 20 packs use advanced solars.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I assume you're talking about 1.5.2?

Because in 1.6.4, you can make lapis dust in base IC2 out of normal lapis lazuli using any old macerator.

Im running 1.6.4. My first thought was maceration, however in GT base macerator is turned off, his macerator takes 1 advanced circuit.

Found how to do it. Sort of a hidden (but makes sense) recipe for the GT Bronze Age via the Sturdy Grinder.

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
What with the 1.6 packs being released, will any version of Unleashed other than 1.13 be the recommended version?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
What with the 1.6 packs being released, will any version of Unleashed other than 1.13 be the recommended version?
I wouldn't discount one final update/push for the 1.5.2 packs, but I also wouldn't hold my breath for it either. The modpack team is focusing pretty hard on getting these new 1.6.4 packs stable and workable for us.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't discount one final update/push for the 1.5.2 packs, but I also wouldn't hold my breath for it either. The modpack team is focusing pretty hard on getting these new 1.6.4 packs stable and workable for us.

Thought as much. Ah well not really a problem.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
With the advent of Pristine/Ignoble bees in 1.6.x Does this mean that the over mutating and producing bees is done away with?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
That was actually done away with before that already.

The Pristine/Ignoble change came because Sengir was dissatisfied with the way swarmer hives worked differently than normal hives.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
That was actually done away with before that already.

The Pristine/Ignoble change came because Sengir was dissatisfied with the way swarmer hives worked differently than normal hives.
Ahh ok, so the swamer [-] princesses didn't work as he hoped, scrapped that. Later had a good idea and made pristine/ignoble?

Just checking that your post means that I"m allowed to make my über breeder like in 1.4.7 again?
That was very handy C:

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't know any details about how going overkill with mutation boosters affects bees in 1.6. I just breed trees, not bees :p Better ask someone who knows their bees, like @MilConDoin.

Ruminzal

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I've been getting into Thaumcraft 3 recently in an attempt to get Warded Blocks and Arcane Doors. However, no matter how hard I try, or what Aspects I research, I can't get the Warded Blocks to come up. I have completed Unified Thaumic Field Theory, and have multiple discoveries from the second tier. Is there anyway to direct my research towards the Warded Blocks discovery?

Thanks!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey,

I've been getting into Thaumcraft 3 recently in an attempt to get Warded Blocks and Arcane Doors. However, no matter how hard I try, or what Aspects I research, I can't get the Warded Blocks to come up. I have completed Unified Thaumic Field Theory, and have multiple discoveries from the second tier. Is there anyway to direct my research towards the Warded Blocks discovery?

Thanks!
Not really no, you just have to keep researching stuff and eventually it will come up. You could look it up on the internet which specific aspects you need for Warded stone and doors and keep researching those. Make sure you fully research the other things you get, so you can in the end eliminate them all. Else you will end up getting the same ones again and again.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on you the mod pack you are running. Is advanced solars in your pack? None of the Direwolf 20 packs use advanced solars.
No, it's not (it's the Direwolf20 pack atm) but I might add the advanced solar panels in the future and I want to know about the current recipes in advance, so I can get the necessary materials first. Did anything change between the version that was in Unleashed and the latest one?

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Now, what different ways are there to get ender pearls? (other than hunting enderman and the little ender lilly plant things)
Well there is Equivalent exchanges Minium stone or Extra Bees, but I don't think that is in any of the packs just yet.

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is Equivalent exchanges Minium stone or Extra Bees, but I don't think that is in any of the packs just yet.
Ok, endermen hunting it is[DOUBLEPOST=1387469445][/DOUBLEPOST]How much energy would a magma dynamo produce with 1 bucket (1000mb) of lava? (I was considering using a magma crucible to melt down netherrack which costs 120,000 RF, so I would like to know if this would work or not)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
No, it's not (it's the Direwolf20 pack atm) but I might add the advanced solar panels in the future and I want to know about the current recipes in advance, so I can get the necessary materials first. Did anything change between the version that was in Unleashed and the latest one?

I don't know if there were recipe changes or not. I would suggust you load up the mod for advanced solars and create a test/creative world where you can look a the recipes and decide from there. I'll be sticking the default DW20 pack so it will be compact solars for me.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How much energy would a magma dynamo produce with 1 bucket (1000mb) of lava? (I was considering using a magma crucible to melt down netherrack which costs 120,000 RF, so I would like to know if this would work or not)

By default, you get 180,000 RF out of a bucket of lava in a magmatic dynamo. So yes, you make a profit off of melting down netherrack. This is intended ;)

Reactions: PierceSG